The walking tour in this app begins with the Roman walls, to the Statue of Constantine, to the Viking area, on to the Norman castle built to protect the City. From here we follow the best preserved Mediaeval Street in Europe to understand the wonder of the Minster.
The tour ends with a visit to the church where Guy Fawkes, renowned member of the military arm of the early pursuers of freedom of religion and a visit to the National Railway Museum where the greatest examples of the industrial revolution are housed here.
The app uses a break-through technique called UltraReality, which recognises locations and automatically brings performances of people from the past onto your phone screen - anchored to the spot as though they are really there with you.
Two thousand years of history springs to life: From grumpy Roman soldiers to Norman invaders to members of the Victorian well-to-do, you can now enjoy York’s vibrant past as never before. Watch the holograms perform and then take photographs of friends standing with these specters and then email them or post them on Twitter or Facebook at the touch of a button.
The app also gives you a listing of top attractions and places to eat where you can stop off along the way.
Holograms fully contained by the app. No streaming required.
Automatic location recognition
Photo mode with save and share buttons
2D map for every hologram plus photo guide to location
‘Nearest to me’ locator button
Food and drink listings
PLEASE NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery charge. To avoid this, do not leave the app running in the background when its not in use.
ZTE Nubia Z5
Samsung GT-i9506 Galaxy S4
Samsung Grand 2
Orange Santa Diego
Asus MeMo Pad
Dell Venue 7
Acer Iconia One
Asus phonepad HD 7
Dell Venue 8
Motorola Droid Razr
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Walking tours included in this application are:
* York City Wall Tour (7 sights)
* Bridges of York (7 sights)
* Historic Architecture (11 sights)
* Medieval Churches - I (10 sights)
* Medieval Churches - II (8 sights)
* Old Town of York (9 sights)
* Museums of York (10 sights)
* York Gift Shops (10 sights)
* Stonegate Tour (9 sights)
* Haunted Houses (9 sights)
* Nightlife in York (6 sights)
* Pubs of York (7 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.