ALSO FEATURED BY: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, msnbc, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure…
✔ 100% OFFLINE – NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED except for sharing and updates.
✔ Amsterdam CITY GUIDE with attractions, museums, restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres and shops with TRAVELER REVIEWS and RATINGS, pictures, rich travel info, prices and opening hours.
✔ PERSONALIZED TRIP ITINERARIES ★ Exclusive technology ★ The Trip Genius automatically creates personalized trip itineraries according to your travel interests, pace preference, trip dates, accommodation, personalized favorites, location and opening hours of places as well as ratings from other travelers. Use smart order to rearrange your visits and customize your itinerary at any time.
✔ OFFLINE MAP & DIRECTIONS ★ The only guide with offline navigation! ★ Have the guide locate you on the map and provide you with directions to a place by foot or by subway. Use all map and direction features 100% offline with no roaming fees!
✔ AUGMENTED REALITY - View your environment and all the places to visit in real-time, with distance, ratings, prices and opening hours.
✔ TRIP JOURNAL ★ NEW FEATURE ★ Easily create and share a trip journal with your check-ins, pictures, and comments!
✔ SHARING – Share your check-ins, postcards, pictures, reviews and trip journal by email or Facebook. Items are stored on your device and sent automatically when a free internet connection is available!
✔ TRIP DASHBOARD ★ NEW FEATURE ★ Available at www.mtrip.me, the trip dashboard gathers your trip journals, itineraries, and favorite places from all of your destinations in one place. You can share it with friends and print your itineraries!
✔ TRANSFER YOUR ITINERARY between devices and back them up online ★ NEW FEATURE ★
✔ OTHER FEATURES – Send pictures and postcards by email or Facebook, easily discover new places, currency converter, subway map, add personal places and more!
To explore mTrip’s other destinations please visit www.mtrip.com
mTrip’s Amsterdam Travel Guide is available in: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian
MTRIP IN THE NEWS!
♛ LA TIMES - “App maker mTrip's signature Genius will generate an itinerary for you based on your preferences”
♛ NEW YORK TIMES - “Travelers with smart phones should add mTrip to their augmented reality specialty apps list”
♛ THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - “These next-gen travel guides can take care of stress-inducing itinerary-planning in Asia, Europe and the U.S."
♛ TECH VIBES - "Actually knowing what I'm doing and where I'm going in a world otherwise new to me... priceless"
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer your questions.
This is the mappa map for Amsterdam. Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands. With more than one million inhabitants it is the country’s largest city and its financial, cultural and creative centre.
Amsterdam is known as Venice of the North because of its lovely canals that criss-cross the city, its impressive architecture and more than 1,500 bridges.
There is something for every traveller’s taste here, whether you prefer culture and history, serious partying, or just the relaxing charm of an old European city. Attractions include the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, the Flower Market, Albert Cuyp Market, and the Vondelpark.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Amsterdam:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Amsterdam now!
This full version includes:
* 7 city districts with stylized maps
* 7 walking or biking routes all around the city
* our 50 favorite cafés, bars, restaurants and clubs
* a dozen special locations we think you should visit
* full offline capability, no internet necessary
* Google Maps and website addresses to all locations when you have WiFi or 3G
* Links to turn-by-turn navigation using Google Maps when you have WiFi or 3G
We hope you enjoy your stay in Amsterdam. Please let us know of your experiences via the in-app support form or our website and you will be contributing to the ultimate Amsterdam experience, Insiders' Amsterdam.
"Authentically local, on-the-ground advice...” - The Guardian
OUR CITY GUIDES ARE DIFFERENT:
✓ Curated by Amsterdam locals, selected by us
✓ Insider tips, not "highlights"
✓ 100% offline - not Internet required
✓ Always up-to-date and up-to-season
✓ New tips regularly - free updates "for life"!
"A useful series of [...] locally written travel guides with reviews of hangouts and events.” - NY Times, 2012
✓ Detailed offline full city maps
✓ Frequent updates & new cool Amsterdam spots
✓ Save & show favorite spots on the map
For a list of up to season tips currently included in the app, please check our Amsterdam online city guide!
"To put it simply: awesome." - Gadling
"Local tips rarely found in the guidebook." - The Times
"A useful series of locally written travel guides...” - NY Times
"Top 25 travel apps in the world (2013)" - Sunday Times
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
* 100% offline
* Browse the map on different zoom levels.
* Find streets by name.
* Auto completion of input in search text-field.
* Find points of interest like attractions, museums, theatres, cinemas, hotels, restaurants, cafes, pubs, nightclubs, shops, railway stations, bus and tram stops and more.
* List all items of a certain category, e.g. list all museums.
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
DAY-BY-DAY TRAVEL PLANNING
- Make your personal travel guide straight from your phone
- Discover great attractions nearby your location
- Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
- Download and print out an amazing PDF guide (available for free on http://www.tripomatic.com)
- Choose your hotel and book it instantly from the app
SYNCS ACROSS ALL YOUR DEVICES
- Edit your trip anywhere from any device with a web browser using http://www.tripomatic.com
BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM MADE MAPS
- Enjoy built-in detailed and walking friendly maps
- Download offline maps (available as in-app purchase)
- Find the nearest Underground station
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
- See your trip visualized in a neat infographic and share it with your friends across all platforms
CONNECT WITH US
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/TripomaticCom
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Tripomatic_com
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/+Tripomatic/posts
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/tripomatic/
To access 400+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
I amsterdam City Guide app
The I amsterdam City Guide app puts the whole city at your fingertips. Easily locate museums and attractions, explore local markets and quirky boutiques, or sample local delicacies at Amsterdam’s best restaurants. From top tourist destinations to the city’s hidden gems, the I amsterdam City Guide is like having a local by your side.
Besides providing tons of advice, this app helps you get where you need to go. The interactive maps let you search for attractions alphabetically or by proximity to your current location. Best of all, the maps and information are all available offline, so there’s no need to worry about roaming charges or other surprises on your phone bill.
-Guide to the city
-Amsterdam 2013 programme
-Highlights per category (Top 10)
-Location-based navigation (Near me)
-Create a custom list of favourites
-Postcard Pro: create & share (also by post!) custom postcards
-Hundreds of points of interest
-Offline maps of Amsterdam
-Download the free I amsterdam City Guide app:
Throughout the year you’ll find additional information, promotions and fun new features related to the city’s biggest events, like Gay Pride and the Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE).
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 7 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands. With more than one million inhabitants in its urban area, it is the country's largest city and its financial, cultural, and creative centre. Amsterdam is colloquially known as Venice of the North, because of its lovely canals that criss-cross the city, its impressive architecture and more than 1,500 bridges. There is something for every traveller's taste here, whether you prefer culture and history, serious partying, or just the relaxing charm of an old European city.
Settled as a small fishing village in the late 12th century, Amsterdam became one of the most important trading centres in the world during the Dutch Golden Age of the 17th century. The city's small mediaeval centre rapidly expanded as the Jordaan and the Canal Belt neighbourhoods were constructed; the latter's cultural significance was acknowledged when it became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010. In the 19th and 20th centuries, the city expanded in all directions, with many new neighbourhoods and suburbs designed in modernist styles.
Amsterdam is not the seat of the government, which is in The Hague. It has always been a city that attracted many people from outside it's borders. Nowadays it's the city with the most different nationalities in the world (178 in 2010). The city has an informal atmosphere unlike other capital cities its size. In fact, Amsterdam has a history of non-conformism, tolerance and progressivism, all of which come together in its liberal policies concerning cannabis and prostitution. Other attractions include the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, the Flower Market, Albert Cuyp Market, and the Vondelpark.
Do you want to learn about the Gassan Diamonds building or get to know the bohemian Jordaan district, famous for its cafés, shops, markets, and narrow streets? Would you like to visit the former Jewish Quarter and witness its fascinating history first-hand? Whether you are looking for insight into this city's tumultuous past or just wanting to stroll along its endless canals and soak up the urban lifestyle, our carefully tailored tours will guide you through the city.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities of Europe.
This free version includes:
* 2 city districts with stylized maps
* a special sunset and picnic walking tour
* a selection of our favorite cafés, bars and restaurants
* full offline capability, no internet necessary
* Google Maps and website addresses to all locations when you have WiFi or 3G
* Links to turn-by-turn navigation using Google Maps when you have WiFi or 3G
Full version includes these additional features:
* 50 additional cafés, bars, restaurants and clubs
* 5 additional city districts
* 6 walking and biking tours all around the city
* a special list of our favorite locations to visit
You can find the full version here:
Please enjoy this free trial version. Our team is working hard with adding content and improving the travel guide for you to enjoy. Meanwhile please send us your comments and questions via the in-app support form or our website, you will be contributing to the ultimate Amsterdam experience, Insiders' Amsterdam.
- Searches in all areas
- GPS: Search by location so you can find the nearest coffeeshop
- Navigate to venues
- Find information like phone number, opening hours, photos and tips on the spot
Downloading this free version will allow you to discover the quality of the app. You can experience the clear, detailed maps that are included, as well as all the information on more than 100 POI’s; museums, attractions, shopping areas, markets etc. Major landmarks appear as 3-D drawings and information pops up as you touch the screen. Want to know the opening hours of a museum or attraction? It’s all there in this concise city guide. On request of users we have added a limited choice of fine restaurants and a small sample of traditional “brown pubs”, coffeeshops and clubs.
Once you are satisfied with the quality, you can activate all GPS functions with an in-app purchase, (a quick small download) and thereafter enjoy the full benefits of all the functions described below.
No roaming costs
The GPS Locator shows your position on the map, choose a museum and without going online it will be highlighted on the map, with an indication of how far it is away from you. The address and distance will be indicated as well.
You don’t need any network connection at all once the application is installed on your phone. This means that you avoid high roaming costs, you can stay offline and the GPS Locator still shows you where you are on this city map.
From the moment you arrive in Amsterdam the GPS Locator shows your position on the map. Once in your hotel, you can drop the hotel pin with the Personal Location function marking the hotel for the rest of your stay. You can also drop a pin to show where you parked your rented bike, or marking the location of that nice restaurant so you can find it back.
Nearby; to do/wifi/€/police/etc. Do you need a taxi, or to withdraw money? At the touch of a button you will be shown the nearest taxi rank or cash machine and even public restrooms.
Have you visited a museum, and wonder what else there is to do in the surroundings?
This mobile travel guide will present suggestions of interesting venues nearby
without going online.
Want to visit the websites of a few attractions? The app will tell you the nearest free Wi-Fi locations, where you can have free internet access and can enjoy a cup of coffee while browsing with the ”I amsterdam” feeling.
With TOURIAS Travel Guides you always have all the important information to hand when travelling. And all this in over 120 travel destinations.
Whether you’re at home on the couch, out and about at your holiday destination or even after the trip, the TOURIAS Travel Guide gives you useful tips for your holiday or your business trip. It makes no difference if you’re visiting the sights, discovering great restaurants or going out to the trendiest clubs.
And the TOURIAS Travel Guides also offer a lot more:
• Complimentary offline maps and complete offline use without expensive roaming fees
• MyGuide: take photos, write text and save it all. Of course, you can also share your personal experiences on Facebook
• Tour Tickets: you can book alternative tours from locals directly and in doing so, explore your travel destination in a truly special way
• Augmented Reality: discover the hotspots of your holiday destination via the camera on your Smartphone/Tablet
• GPS use – where am I?
• “Nearby” Function – where’s the next restaurant?
• Upgrade: the optional upgrade allows the guide to be completely free of advertising
Further TOURIAS Travel Guides for lots of interesting travel destinations can be also be found easily via this app. Simply select the desired destination under “Further Destinations” and you will be linked automatically to the app store.
We hope you enjoy using this free travel guide. We very happy to receive your feedback, information about the travel destination, your wishes and suggestions at email@example.com.
Discover sights like Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House, Westerkerk, Van Gogh Museum, Dam, Nieuwe Kerk, Nieuwmarkt, Scheepvaartmuseum, Nemo Science Museum, Jordaan, Koninklijk Paleis op de Dam, Artis, Amsterdam Diamond Group, Madame Tussauds Amsterdam, Amsterdam Historical Museum, Roemer Visscherstraat, Rembrandthuis, Heineken Brewery, Begijnhof, Tropenmuseum
many pubs, food from all over the world and friendly people, that’s Amsterdam
Features of Triposo’s guide to Amsterdam:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Eating out
* Things to do
* Mini guides for day trip destinations.
* An offline map of the city
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.