Simplify your field survey by capturing field data on your mobile or tablet. Create mobile forms with the fields you require and invite your survey teams to complete them on their phones or tablets. Captured data, along with their location can be surveyed offline, then synced back to the QGIS in seconds.
Enter your data once, with ease, in the field. Mergin Maps aims to remove the pain of transcribing paper field notes, manually georeferencing photos and transcribing GPS coordinates.
The data you capture in the field survey is shown on a map and can be exported to a wide variety of formats including CSV, Microsoft Excel, ESRI Shapefile, Mapinfo, GeoPackage, PostGIS, AutoCAD DXF, KML and many more.
Mergin Maps Input is an extension of the free and open source GIS software QGIS. It allows you to open, interrogate and edit your QGIS projects on your mobile. Map layers look the same as in QGIS desktop and you can sync your data back and forward with QGIS desktop using the Mergin Maps QGIS plugin.
Mergin Maps supports offline field data capture and can be configured to use either offline or web-based background maps and contextual layers.
Perks of the Mergin Maps sync system:
- No need for cables to get your data on/off your device
- Share projects with others for collaborative working
- Safely work together on the same datasets, even offline
- Updates from different surveyors are intelligently merged
- Push data back from the field in real time
- Version history and cloud-based backup
- Fine-grained access control
- Sync with your PostGIS datasets
Supported field types for forms are:
- Text (single or multi-line)
- Numeric (plain, with +/- buttons or with slider)
- Date / time (with calendar picker)
- Checkbox (yes/no values)
- Drop-down with predefined values
- Drop-down with values from another table
Forms can even be configured to perform data validation using custom rules.
Works with device internal GPS receiver and third-party Bluetooth GPS receivers.