The purpose of SuDS Planner app is to leverage the power of readily available smart consumer technologies in order to significantly simplify the process of rainwater management.
Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) are structures that can significantly reduce the quantities of runoff going into conventional sewerage systems, while also providing local amenity benefits and improving local biodiversity. Although several high quality peer-reviewed publications on SuDS design are available, they are not easy to use under the field conditions. This is where SuDS Planner app comes into play.
Based on up-to-date, SuDS literature, especially SuDS Manual published by CIRIA, SuDS Planner allows you to quickly assess a suitability of a particular SuDS type or create a list of all SuDS types available at a given site simply by answering a number of multi-choice questions about observable site characteristics. In addition to this, notes, photos and geographic coordinates can be added to each report. Reports can be easily exported from within the app as attachments to any messaging apps or email clients available on a given device.
The key benefits of SuDS Planner are as follows:
- By asking questions about observable site characteristics, the app does not require an extensive SuDS training (or any prior SuDS knowledge) before it can be used. Therefore, even junior staff members are able to quickly make preliminary assessments of where particular SuDS types can or cannot be placed.
- Intuitive report format and integration with messaging apps within Android ecosystem allows you to email/share/transfer the generated reports and field notes for further processing in an office environment.
- By being available on Google Play, the app will automatically install the latest updates and apply any new features that have been added since the previous release.
- The app contains a brief summary of each SuDS type and other SuDS-related concepts.
- SuDS Planner does not require a lot of computing resources and it has been designed to work on legacy Android devices as well as recent ones.
- The ability to easily add hydraulic calculations to the reports
IMPORTANT NOTE: SuDS Planner app serves as a supplement to existing SuDS planning literature and not as a replacement for it.