Read articles and view the photographs on the go. The App has been created so you can continue reading offline, even when your mobile signal is intermittent or not available.
Downloading the 150-plus stories that the Independent publishes on the App every day takes about a minute on a Wi-Fi connection and a few minutes on a normal mobile connection. Stories can be read whilst you are downloading.
• All the key articles from The Independent updated regularly throughout the day including UK and World News, Sport (including a strong Football section), Business, Opinion, Travel, Arts and Entertainment and Life & Style.
• Full article and picture download (including galleries), allowing offline browsing when fully downloaded. No frustrating waiting for links to pages when you don’t have a signal.
• Save articles to read later
• Share articles through email, Facebook and Twitter
This app, designed and developed for Android devices, brings you breaking news and unrivalled coverage of national, international, city, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, business, health, science and technology topics from India’s most-read and most-trusted newspaper.
It comes with Push Notifications, live cricket scorecard; local news from more than 40 cities; latest movie reviews by critics as well as readers; superb photo galleries; and top videos from news, business, sports, entertainment and lifestyle categories.
You can change the background colour for articles and increase or reduce text size. You can also save articles/photos for offline reading/viewing, and share articles and photos via email, SMS, Facebook or Twitter.
The Times of India’s Android app is optimized for the Android platform’s 2.3 and above.
Enjoy the FT's award-winning global news, video, comment and analysis, with automatic downloads of the most recent edition to read even when you don't have a signal.
- Free to download
- Free registration allows 8 articles per month as well as giving access to your FT.com portfolio
- Subscribers have unlimited access on all FT.com outlets - phone, tablet and desktop
- Premium subscribers also get the Financial Times' incisive Lex column and exclusive newsletters
- Users in India get a specially customised front page
The app is integrated with your FT.com account login and settings. This application allows users to register or subscribe on device securely via FT.com. Once you have signed up, or upgraded your account, please switch back to the app and enjoy your new level of access.
If you have any feedback on our Android app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. With over 500 Android devices in the market we have tested on many but haven’t managed to cover all combinations. If you have issues with your particular handset then we would love to hear from you. Please include details of which Android device you are using, and OS version if you know it.
The all-new FT Android app
We have redesigned the FT Android app from the ground up, with a new, cleaner layout and a host of new features, new content and additional functionality including recommended reads. For the first time it will have videos, embedded slideshows and hi-res images optimised for a small screen, plus a clearer design making it easier to navigate. The app is available to download for free from Google Play. For more information visit http://apps.ft.com/android/.
· Your personalised FT: My FT is a personalised hub where you can keep all the content that interests you in one place – saved articles, recommended reads, recently-read stories and your portfolio summary.
· Stories brought to life, with videos, embedded slideshows and hi-res images giving you a richer reading experience.
· Easier to read, with a clean design that gives more room for news and easy swiping from one article to the next.
· Morning edition, on large-screen devices presents content as per that morning’s newspaper – and won’t update throughout the day, giving you a reading experience as close to the paper as possible. Prefer to get updated on the latest news as it comes in throughout the day? Just switch back to the Live Edition.
· Improved navigation makes it easier and faster to find the content that matters most to you. Find what you're looking for in an instant.
· Frequently downloads the latest FT content, allowing seamless offline usage when there's no live connection
· Access full markets data section including market gainers and losers, currencies, commodities and bonds
· View stock performance summaries with detailed business profile information, estimates and targeted news
*App runs on Android 4.0 and above.
The Economic Times App :
- Lets you get the latest and popular business news as it happens.
- Offers a full range of News categories: Top Stories,News by Industry,Market News,Personal Finance,Technology,Opinion,Features,Environment and many more.
- Introduces Slideshows ranging across different genres -Auto,Advertising & Marketing,Biz & Entrepreneurship,Corporate & Industry,Consumer & Legal,Economy,Entertainment,Events and many more.
- Gives enhanced Markets Data ranging from Sensex,Nifty,Mutual Fuds,Commodities,Movers,Gainers and Losers.
- Allows home screen widgets to keep you up to date even when the app is closed.
- Provides an all new ET Portfolio enabling you to manage/track your investments in Stock Market on the go.
- Lets you share stories on different social networks, or on email/SMS to a friend.
- Supports breaking News Push Notifications to keep you updated with latest events.
-ET 2.0 introduces all new refreshing experience
-Offers a full range of News categories: Top Stories,News by Industry,Market News and many more
-Introduces Slideshows ranging across different genres
-Gives enhanced Markets Data
-Allows home screen widgets to keep you up to date even when the app is closed
-Provides an all new ET Portfolio enabling you to manage/track your investments in Stock Market on the go
- Has offline reading supported which enables you to sync the stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure.
- Displays a breaking News ticker while surfing the app to keep you updated with latest events on the go.
- Lets you track the stocks in your Watchlist, Market Gainers, Losers, Movers, etc.
With its redesigned user interface, the Sunday Times App delivers a seamless, seriously convenient and deeply intuitive reading experience direct to your digital device.
With daily content updates, get the very best in:
• South African & international news
• Investigative journalism
• Lifestyle & Opinion
• Money & Careers
• Travel & Food
• Android phones & tablets
This release includes following items:
1) WebTrends is implemented
2) Small UI change in the App Widget
3) Other minor enhancements and bug fixes
See what you want, when you want
When you open up the Los Angeles Times for Android app, content is made available to you by section. But what if you're not interested in Sports or World News? What if you want Business News shown first? Simply go into the Settings screen and choose ‘Reorder sections.’ Here you can reorder and turn off sections as you wish while always having the option to change them again later.
Keep your favorites, forever
Find a great story that you want to come back to later? See an amazing photo that you want to view again? With the Los Angeles Times for Android app, keeping your favorite content easily accessible is a click away. Once your content is saved, it's on your app until you take it off.
Share with your friends and family
The Los Angeles Times for Android app has built-in sharing with today’s most popular social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) and also allows you to access your address book and share content via e-mail.
Take us wherever you go, no connection required
Many apps fail when a network isn’t available. The Los Angeles Times for Android app was designed for people who sometimes go where the signal can’t. While you won’t get the latest news when a connection isn’t available, you will have the most recently downloaded information in the app and all your saved items right there with you.
Great photography ahead
One of the greatest things about the Los Angeles Times is our award-winning photojournalism. This app highlights that work in our custom-built Galleries area. You’ll be able to browse photos by section and peek into dozens of collections before launching a slideshow.
Top Features • Breaking News
• Full screen photo gallery
• Live cricket scorecard
• Blogs written by our editors
• Specials as they happen
• Stock markets across India and the world
• Videos across wide range of news categories
• Choose your weather from across multiple cities across India and the world
• Interactivity and social media integration
Send your feedback to email@example.com
For more goto www.hindustantimes.com/android
For more news goto www.hindustantimes.com
- Up to the minute local news for Port Huron and St. Clair and Sanilac counties
- Current weather conditions, short term and extended forecasts, radar map, allergy, pollen and weather alerts
- Captivating full screen video and photo galleries
- The latest national and collegiate sports and scores
- Sports and Life news with Opinion
- News alerts sent to your device with an option to set a quiet time period
- Share news, photos and video via Facebook, Twitter or email
The Times herald is Port Huron’s and St. Clair and Sanilac counties’ leading source for local news and information.
* Newspaper list can be updated online
* Sort by "A-Z", "User" and "Frequently Read"
* Personalize the order of the newspapers by using up and down arrow or drag and drop.
* Show mobile or desktop version of the newspaper
* Add/Delete newspaper, magazine
* Adjustable font size
* Share the news
* Automatic cache delete
* Open with standard internet browser
* Update slowed it down!
- There are 2 mode of the application: Desktop and Mobile. Desktop version of the newspapers may take longer to load. Check which mode do you use on Settings page.
And of course it may differ based on newspaper's server load time and your network connection speed which we can't control them.
* How do I delete newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then touch the trash icon on the right side of the newspaper that you want to delete.
* How do I unfavorite newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then uncheck the newspaper that you do not want to see on the main page.
* Subscription only. You can see headlines of articles but can't read without subscribing.
- Some newspapers want subscription. We can do nothing for it but you can uncheck or delete the newspaper if you do not want to see on the list.
* Last update took my favorite newspapers from the top of the list.
- Go to settings page and select "Frequently Read". Default sort is A->Z.
* Which news / newspaper sources can I read?
- BBC News, Sky News, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Guardian...
* Any problem...
- Please contact us before any problem.
Experience the world’s finest journalism with The New York Times app for Android. Stay informed on world and national news, business, the arts, technology, style, sports, food, travel, opinions, science, medicine and more. Whatever your interests, you’ll find them covered with unsurpassed quality, depth and timely insights.
Enjoy ten free articles per month, from any section, or subscribe for unlimited access to award-winning journalism, blogs, videos, multimedia and so much more. Explore unlimited access to the NYTimes with a free 30-day trial via Google Play. Subscriptions are $14.99/month, auto-renew and include access to the NYTimes via NYTimes for Android (App).
- Be the first to know about events as soon as they occur with Breaking News Alerts.
- Tailor your own content experience with customized widgets.
- Quickly navigate, share and enjoy The Times’s world-renowned journalism and multimedia.
- Create a customized library of Times content. Save an article on your Android™ then access it later from any computer or any device.
- Sit back and have your articles read aloud with text to speech.
- Read more comfortably in low-light situations with “Night Mode.”
- Quickly search favorite articles to read, save and share.
- Join the conversation. View, add as well as speak your comments to articles and blogs.
- Every morning find out what’s new in The New York Times with an update in the Android notification area. Expand to see a preview of the day’s top photos.
- Users with a Samsung Style Pen (S Pen) can now annotate articles and save for future reference.
Along with the TOI news this app provides you to select and choose the different news portals.
It comes with all the major daily news items, just select the section and get the breaking news.
The Times of India news reader is optimized for all android devices.
This application will give you all the live score updates from IPL cricket tournament and other various tournaments around the world.
More from developer
The Times and The Sunday Times Smartphone app offers you the following:
● Top stories, breaking news, features and opinion seven days a week
● Image galleries
● The Goals hub with videos of goals and highlights from the Barclays Premier League
● Simple navigation
● Article Sharing via email, Facebook, Twitter and Google+
● Award-winning Times cartoons
● Save articles for reading later
● Times+ Offers
● Times+ Talks videos
For existing subscribers to The Times and The Sunday Times, this app is complimentary as part of your subscription, just log in with your usual username and password.
We encourage your feedback because our readers are central to its on-going development. You can send feedback directly to our team seven days a week. It’s easy just contact us via thetimes.co.uk/livechat
All access to and use of this App is subject to and governed by End User License Agreement, Online Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement.
IMPORTANT: This information only applies to Orange customers who are on the Panther phone tariff and are eligible for the Orange Swapables apps.
Due to the launch The Goals hub we will need to authenticate your access to The Times and The Sunday Times app. This is to ensure that you continue to have uninterrupted access to all of our breaking news, great content and insights so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that ‘Orange’ is included in the subject line with the following details:
• Your name
• Your mobile number
• Your email address
Once your details have been verified, we’ll send you an email confirming that you can access the app so that you can continue to enjoy The Times and The Sunday Times on your smartphone.