OutDoors GPS makes it really easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence, so you can spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. With OutDoors in your pocket, there's no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
***** Extremely easy to use and looks great. -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
***** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. -[Stuff Magazine].
***** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! -[Outdoors Magazine].
Here are 10 ways OutDoors GPS can help you;
1. Dependable anywhere- no need for phone signal and works worldwide.
2. Choose unlimited use (£4.95 per annum) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps).
3. OS Online subscription includes free OS Maps on your PC/Mac.
4. Download Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k in glorious high-resolution detail.
5. Huge, easy-to-manage OS map areas for just £2.99 per region/county/National Park.
6. Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps.
7. Create, find & follow routes in total confidence.
8. Share purchases & subscriptions across all your devices for free.
9. Record & share routes with statistics & elevation profile.
10. Integrated website (www.outdoorsgps.com) for route planning, sharing (200,000 free routes).
MORE ABOUT USING ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
•Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps.
•No need for signal - superb navigation across GB.
•Free download of all 14 GB National Parks (1:50k OS Landranger maps) once registered.
•Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps (£4.95 per annum).
•Free access to www.outdoorsgps.com.
•Includes free & Unlimited OS Maps for your PC/MAC.
•Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)- just £2.95.
•Super fast map display, regardless of signal.
•Permanent downloads can be deleted and reinstalled anytime.
•Totally dependable, wherever you go in Great Britain.
MORE ABOUT OUR POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
•Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device.
•Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres.
•Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen.
•Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view.
•Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling).
•Find & download a route nearby.
•Create 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc).
•Share location or points of interest.
•250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool).
MORE ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND ONLINE COMMUNITY (92,000 MEMBERS)
•Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
•Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
•Find routes nearby or near any place.
•Comment and rate routes.
•Importing and exporting routes to your device (inc. GPX).
How it works
Maps are downloaded on-the-fly or uploaded from your PC in advance. Once the app and maps are loaded to the phone or tablet, cellular network coverage or internet connection is not required for real time GPS navigation.
Although the Memory-Map app is designed to be used as a standalone GPS navigator, best results are achieved when used in conjunction with Memory-Map on your PC (free download) for planning, printing and loading up maps, waypoints and routes to the phone/tablet
Memory-Map includes free access to 1:250,000 scale topographic maps and many other free maps around the world. More detailed maps are available for download and purchase with a free try before you buy, time limited demo option. Available maps include Ordnace Survey, Hema, USGS quads, NOAA, and DeLorme. All maps, including the ones supplied on DVD can be used on your PC and phone. See the help page for details on loading maps to the device from the PC.
Access a vast range of Worldwide maps and charts.
Automatically downloads a free map of your current location
Create and edit marks and routes.
Import and export marks, routes and tracks in the open GPX format
Display; Position, Course, Speed, Heading, Altitude and averages
Position coordinates include Lat/Long, UTM and GB Grid
Units displayed in Statute, Nautical or Metric
Support for GPS and Compass sensors, where available.
Moving map, lock GPS position and automatically scroll the map
Records breadcrumb trail / tracklogs.
Share position marks or tracklogs as GPX files
Full marine instrumentation features, with AIS, DSC and Anchor alarm
NMEA data interface via WiFi or Bluetooth
AIS collision alarm, with adjustable thresholds for Class A and Class B targets
Display Alarm notifications and Nav data on Android Wear watch
"Verdict: The Memory-Map App is a truly excellent, competent product, representing real value for money. It's straightforward to use, with just enough preference settings and options to describe it as customizable. Route-creation and route-following are ridiculously easy to set up, yet provide a tremendous range of route data. You can also import and export GPX files (via email). A really strong product at this price point." Andrew Knight, Yacht Arabella blog
"After buying about 6 navigational applications for my tablet I finally got one that really works the way it should. I now have a handheld version of my sailboat's navigation system. I am very happy with this app and would recommend it to any avid sailor"
"I've tried all the mapping/tracking applications I can find and I rate this best. The 1:25k scale is essential for walkers and the ability to create a route at home or to log it (recording your time & distance etc) as you go along is superb. I like the direction indicator to show where you are heading on the map, the ability to save, describe and name tracks is neat. It's easy to slide the map about from your current position to see where you are heading next, the zooming in and out facility is good. I found it reasonably easy to learn how to use."
"This is not a cheap navigation program, it is a professional tool for viewing raster maps. And for this purpose, it is excellent. For viewing topo maps, this is the best software and hardware combination for the job, this alone was my reason to get an Android tablet, and it was the right decision."
"This is by far the best mapping/GPS app and I've got them all. It's simple to use but has many more user options for points of interest, tracking, routes and maps.
"Love this app. Have wanted a chance to use my Memory-Map maps on my Android phone for ages - less devices to carry, and better maps than on my handheld GPS. Easy to use once you get the hang of it too"
OS BetaFinder is ideal for walkers, ramblers, runners, cyclists and generally anyone looking to enjoy the outdoors. The fast and easy to use App comes bundled with free overview mapping - including Ordnance Survey’s trusted and reliable 1:250 000 Scale mapping. The App allows users to quickly, and accurately, search by place name, postcode, and grid reference.
Ordnance Survey maintains Great Britain’s definitive digital mapping database, and with OS BetaFinder users can enjoy the print quality of the trusted OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps (660dpi) on their devices. The App allows users to buy via Google's in app purchasing service. Each mapping tile is fully downloaded to the device, meaning that it will work anywhere regardless of signal. The tile download facility allows users to select and purchase up-to-date mapping of their favourite locations, and then easily plan, plot, record and review their own bespoke walks, runs and cycle rides.
OS BetaFinder brings all the detail and reliability of the iconic Ordnance Survey paper maps to Android devices.
OS BetaFinder features Include:
•Download and purchase trusted and up-to-date OS Explorer and OS Landranger maps in amazing high-resolution detail
• Route recording – record your own personal routes in real time
•View current time, distance, speed , Ordnance Survey grid reference, latitude and longitude
•Route planning and track functionality – plan your own bespoke routes and measure your times for each trip
•Review and plan new routes from your own personal routes library
•Select your own route types , walking , running or cycling and view the estimated route duration
•Smooth and fast zooming and scrolling between maps
•Real-time location tracking via GPS positioning
•Ordnance Survey free map stack viewable offline
•A free OS Landranger and OS Explorer map tile of Exeter
•Offline viewing – all downloaded OS Landranger and OS Explorer map tiles can be viewed offline
•Place name lookup – search for thousands of places across Great Britain in seconds
•Postcode lookup – search and locate postcodes
•Grid reference lookup
Some of the main features:
• Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
• Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
• Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
Use OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia Data
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing (not available in free version)
• Free download, directly from the app (download limit 10 map files in free version)
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it
• Optional speed-dependent map zooming
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
• Optional speed and altitude display
• Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
Directly Contribute to OpenStreetMap
• Report map bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
• Optional trip recording also in background mode (while device is in sleep mode)
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities. By buying OsmAnd+ you help the application to be even more awesome! It is also possible to fund specific new features, or to make a general donation on osmand.net.
Very approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, here are just few more examples: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK, USA.
Gives access to maps scales 1:125000(roadmap),1:50000(Landranger), 1:25000(Explorer) and 1:10000 (Streetmap)
Features smooth scrolling, compass, Augmented reality,paths and waypoints.
Suitable for rambling, cycling or street level.
Search by postcode, placename, gridref or latitude/longitude
No ads or quotas in the Premium version
This app contains basic mapping. Please see shop.anquet.com to see which maps can be purchased for use within OMN.
Built for outdoors enthusiasts such as walkers and mountain bikers.
With Anquet Cloud built in, your maps and routes synchronise effortlessly with your PC and other devices.
Whilst navigating, OMN does not require a WiFi/3G data connection – your maps and routes are stored on your device for use outside of mobile coverage.
✔Fast, robust and dependable
✔Free Anquet Cloud Account
✔Free OMN PC application to use in conjunction with OMN Android
✔Plot your routes on OMN PC, and sync to OMN Android via Anquet Cloud.
✔Smooth zoom with no ‘set zoom levels’ – simple pinch to zoom
✔Seamless maps, with no size limitations apart from the size of your storage
✔Easily change map types at a given location
✔See your GPS location on the map
✔Route Sync will upload your Tracklogs to Anquet Cloud where they can be viewed by any other OMN application you use, such as OMN PC.
✔Built in compass display and display of GPS data such as speed and location
✔Find Place functionality
✔Display and access grid references in UK National Grid, Latitude/longitude and UTM
✔Purchase Maps at shop.anquet.com, and download them on OMN PC and/or OMN Android
✔All of your maps and routes are all stored locally on the device so no Wifi / 3G data connection required whilst in use.
Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 Explorer mapping and Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 Landranger mapping are available for all of Great Britain.
IGN 1:25,000 scale topographical mapping is available for all of France.
See http://www.anquet.com/maps/ for more details on mapping.
More countries to follow.
Who are Anquet?
Anquet have over 10 years of experience creating digital mapping software for outdoor enthusiasts. It’s all we do, and we do it well if we judge that by the number of group test wins our PC software has won over the years. www.anquet.com
With OMN Android we set out to build a tool you will use.
Serious navigation requires serious tools. We know that. If you can’t fire up OMN Android and depend on it, then you won’t entrust your navigation to it. OMN Android has rock solid performance.
You want to plot your route on a large screen with a mouse. You want to navigate with your phone. So you need the data in two places, and you want that movement of data to just happen. Anquet Cloud makes things simple. No wires, no moving SD cards around, no websites.
Fire up OMN PC, and draw a route. Hit the Route Sync button, and that route is now on your Anquet Cloud account. Inside OMN Android, hit Route Sync, and it’s on your phone. Simple.
Wherever you have a 3G or Wifi data connection you can sync your route data and download maps from your Anquet Cloud account.
New phone? No problem, just download OMN Android, login with your email and password and download your routes and maps.
OMN PC is a free PC application. Please visit www.Anquet.com to download the application. Use it to purchase maps, plot routes and sync it all to Anquet Cloud for use on your Android device.
OMN maps on all platforms are seamless. Buy two maps that overlap, or simply just touch, and they will just merge in your data. No need to load a different map, or see any gaps. You can therefore also just buy the mapping you need now, as you can add to it anytime you wish.
Please note that map files can be large downloads, so please be aware of your 3G tariff if you choose to download over the phone network as opposed to Wifi.
★ Download the app and share the news with friends ★
*** FEATURED IN GOOGLE PLAY BEST APPS OF 2014 ***
Get instant access to detailed maps of all countries from anywhere in the world! No internet connection is required.
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 14M downloads worldwide.
➣ 140 TB of internet data saved by users in 2014.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: email@example.com. We respond to every enquiry.
Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands are not covered by this application.
Application provides a regional view of the landscape which is similar in content and appearance to a typical road-atlas.
On the map you can browse:
- Cities, towns, villages, centres of population,
- Motorways and junction numbers, A and B roads,
- Some woodland features and wind farms location.
The app is ideal for route planning and geographic context. You can show/follow your current location and calculate distance between points using 'tap' action.
With this app you do not need the paper atlas any more. You will get same level of details - popular OS 1:250K scale and you will be able to check alternative routes just in few seconds.
The application provides support for geographic and British National Grids coordinates - set your default format in settings.
You always know where you are and how to get to your destination.
UK Map Atlas contains 1:50 000 Scale Gazetteer which is a GB reference tool and location finder containing 250,000 distinctive place and feature names.
Contains Ordnance Survey Open Data © Crown copyright and database right 2014.
- downloading map for arbitrary area
- searching objects using object name or object type
- address search (by street name & house number)
- search by coordinates
- showing touristic places
- showing pubs in the selected area :)
- tracking location via GPS/WIFI/cellular
- share POI coordinates with friends via SMS
- add locations to the 'favorites'
- based on openstreemap & osmdroid
Our England (United Kingdom) offline road map (route map) primarily displays roads and transport links rather than natural geographical information. Offline (United Kingdom) road map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and more detailed area around the cities: London, Southampton, Porsmuth, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinbourgh, Glasgow
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, parkings, restaurants, gas stations)
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the United Kingdom or the UK) is a constitutional monarchy comprising much of the British Isles.
This Union is more than 300 years old and comprises four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It occupies all of the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern portion of the island of Ireland and most of the remaining British Isles.
It's important to remember that the Republic of Ireland is a completely separate state from the United Kingdom, seceding from the Union and gaining its independence in 1922. The Isle of Man and the various Channel Islands are "crown dependencies", possessing their own legislative bodies for domestic legislation with the assent of the Crown. They are not part of the United Kingdom, nor of the EU, but are not sovereign states in their own right either. The UK has Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands as its nearest neighbours.
The 'Great' in Great Britain (Britannia Major in Roman times; Grande-Bretagne in French) is to distinguish it from the other, smaller "Britain": Brittany (Britannia Minor; Bretagne) in northwestern France.
The UK today is a diverse patchwork of native and immigrant cultures, possessing a fascinating history and dynamic modern culture, both of which remain hugely influential in the wider world. Although Britannia no longer rules the waves, the UK is still a popular destination for many travellers. The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom is London.
With the MapQuest app, you can:
• Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for walking or driving directions.
• Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
• Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
• Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
• Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
• Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
• Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
• Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
• Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
• Show your team spirit with MLB.com Team Kits, available for purchase in-app, custom logos, start screen, accent colors and saved routes to the game ensure your navigation app is as die-hard as you are!
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps is The World’s Most Installed Offline turn-by-turn GPS navigation App for Android powered by TomTom Maps. Navigation and Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when navigating. Map and app updates are FREE every 3 months.
You can enjoy free navigation, gps, offline TomTom maps, POIs, route planning & free map updates.
To get the most of the navigation, upgrade to premium and enjoy high-end lifetime features: 3D maps, real-time turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, lane guidance, speed limit warnings & junction view with lane indicator arrows at complex intersections.
How to install Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps for Android: http://youtu.be/6jIkkr-Wr8E
• Intuitive voice navigation in different languages
• High quality TomTom maps stored on the device
• Cross-border routing & navigation without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
• Works with GPS only, internet is not needed
• Millions of free pre-installed POIs
• Free map updates & Free POI database updates
• Free updates of Fixed speed cameras
• Head-up Display (HUD) available as in app purchase
• 3D Cities & Landscape for easy orientation
• Pedestrian navigation to walk and explore
• Dynamic Lane Guidance for safe lane changes
• Junction View to highlights highway exists
• Warnings for exceeded Speed Limit
• Warnings for fixed speedcams
• Police trap warnings from other drivers
• Spoken Street Names to focus on the road
• Three Alternative Routes to choose from
• Easy Drag & Drop route editing
• Waypoints for places you want to visit
• Avoid Toll Roads on your route
• Graphics optimized for tablet & HD displays
• Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
• TripAdvisor POIs as free download in Sygic Store
• Park.me with 25,000 U.S. parking locations
• Groupon deals in U.S. – find, buy & navigate
ADD-ON FEATURES (in-app purchase)
• Traffic service to avoid delays in your daily commute
• Get navigation instructions from Homer Simpson & other original celebrity voices
• Premium online speed cameras with 300 000 mobile speedcam locations each month
• Head Up Display (HUD) projects GPS navigation onto your windshield
MAPS AVAILABLE FOR FREE:
Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Islands, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy,Israel, India, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Reunion, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vatican, Vietnam, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe, India, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Saint Martin, Martinique, Iceland, Lebanon, Jordan, Burundi, Rwanda
Transit roads only: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova
MAPS AVAILABLE ONLY WITH PREMIUM:
Sygic | Bringing life to map
Mountain Navigator uses the British Hills Database which contains all the hills and mountains in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Allows you to easily set up filters by distance from your location, height and classification of mountain (Munro, Corbett and Nuttall etc). Includes Marilyns and Humps so the chances are there’s several hills near you, wherever you live.
Mountain Navigator has 4 modes:-
Viewfinder:Hold the phone sideways, point the camera at the mountain you’re interested in and it displays its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Toposcope: Hold the phone flat and all the hills are shown as a toposcope. The higher the mountain, the brighter the dot. Tap on a dot to see its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Nearby Hills:Shows all the nearby hills. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Search. Search for a specific hill, anywhere in the UK or Ireland.
Plan. Now you can use any location in the UK without actually being there. Allows you to plan in advance of a trip which hills to climb and which maps you'll need.
Uses the British Hills database (version 13.2), contains all Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Nuttalls, Marilyns, Wainwrights, Birketts, Humps, Arderins, Vandeleur-Lymans, Sims, Furths and County tops.
Ideal for hill walking in The Lake District, the Highlands of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Dartmoor, the Pennines, the Yorkshire Dales or anywhere that has hills.
The app converts GPS location readings from your mobile phone to Ordnance Survey National Grid references, enabling you to determine precisely where you are on an Ordnance Survey map. No mobile signal? No problem; OS Locate does not require a mobile signal to function – the inbuilt GPS system can be relied upon, even in the most remote areas.
Simply download the app and switch on your device’s location services (Settings – Privacy – Location services).
Compass accuracy: the app relies on your device's internal compass and if this is inaccurate the displayed compass will be incorrect as well. Accuracy generally increases the longer you have the app open and many users report moving the device in a figure-eight help calibrate the compass and gives a more accurate reading. Of course, like any compass, keep away from metallic or magnetic objects!
OS Locate is packed with additional features. The ‘Share’ button allows you to connect with friends and family via messaging and social media – let them know where you are, how your adventure is progressing and what time you will be home. Use the handy digital compass to take your bearings – always ensuring you are on the right track. For those who are keen to learn more about maps and navigation, the ‘About’ button hosts a wealth of information including hints and tips and a guide to map reading. In addition, you will find simple yet comprehensive guides on how to use eastings and northings.
OS Locate – know where you are.
OS Locate is a complementary tool for Ordnance Survey paper maps. You should always have an Ordnance Survey paper map and baseplate compass when exploring the great outdoors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Please ensure your Location Services are turned on.