VLC Remote lets you sit back enjoy your movies and music while you control things from your sofa.
Use our Free setup helper to configure VLC and connect your Android in a couple of button clicks.
'In a few clicks everything is ready and you just have to taste the pleasure of remote control' -Alekxou
✔ Easily control VLC from your sofa!
✔ Helper configures VLC automatically.
✔ Full browsing control (play any file from your computer)
✔ Full DVD controls
✔ Volume, position, track
✔ Turn fullscreen on and off
✔ Control subtitles, aspect ratio, audio track and delays
✔ Access external drives
• Reviews •
2011 Best Software Award in Multimedia by Handster
'Amazing remote. You can completely control vlc from the palm of your hand. ... highly recommend it if you are looking for a vlc remote.'
'VLC Remote is the latest Android app to earn my favor, and it’s a beauty.'
VLC Streamer streams movies from your computer (Mac or PC) over your wifi to your Android.
You can watch anything from your movie collection.
No need for complex conversion processes.
No need to manually transfer movies to your device.
* Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
* Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
* Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
* Supports Mac OS 10.5 intel and above
* Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. (Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM).
VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local wifi network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
It unlocks additional pro features:
(1) Streaming from VLC to Android devices
(2) Streaming from Android devices to VLC
You can find "VLC HD Remote" here: http://goo.gl/03ehb
Images shown on screenshots are Copyright Blender Foundation (http://www.blender.org/), used under a Creative Commons 3.0 License
The software functionalities are:
1. a functionality for discovering the Video Lan Player VLC;
2. a playlist manager, with a remote file browser;
3. a remote control with a classical user interface using buttons;
4. an innovative gestural interface able to provide to the user the ability to perform a gesture with his finger
on the mobile screen that is associated to a remote command the user want to send to the media player.
The gestural user interface needs a valid sdcard and you have to rename the commands in your language if you are using the application in Spanish or Italian.
We have tested it on Nexus One, HTC Magic and Galaxy Ace with VLC running on Windows, Linux and Mac. If you send us the bugs discovered on your phone we will solve them as soon as possible.
No need to download any extra files because the PC client comes packaged with the app, just send it to your PC, no need to download the client separately.
No Internet connection required to use it.
Can also function as a MAC VLC Remote.
✔Supports most of popular video containers:
mkv, flv, mov, mp4, wmv, ts, m2ts, avi, mpg, 3gp...
✔Supports most of audio, video codecs:
aac, wma, mp3, vorbis, flac, ac3, wmv, h264, avi, rmvb, flv, mpeg4...
✔Supports most of subtitle types:
ssa, srt, smi, microdvd...
✔Subtitle encoding auto-detection.
✔Supports H.264 multi-core decoder.
✔Supports hardware acceleration decoder.
ATK Player is supported on Android 4.0 and later.
- No Ads
- No limitations.
- Battery saving performance.
Enjoy Internet Television with TVlc. Thank you for your support.
TVlc relies on the well known and far spread Vlc media player*. It allows you to remotely control any number of Vlc server you are running.
If you like Youtube Remote from Google, you will definitely like TVlc.
- Turn your Android device into a YouTube remote control!
TVlc is more!
Connect your Television to your computer. Run Vlc media player and enjoy a new Television experience.
- > 3000 Online radio stations completely free to play.
- Browse, bookmark, search, share and play millions of Youtube Videos!
- TVlc is a more anonymous way to watch Youtube than Youtube Remote from Google*.
- Watch and listen to your own local Video or Audio collection.
- Bookmark internet radio stations, or videos from any public source.
- Use TVlc as a DVD remote control to play your favorite discs.
- If your computer is equipped with a TV receiver of some sort, like DVB, you can
also watch conventional TV.
TVlc is a very simple way to have ONE remote control for all kinds of multimedia needs.
Run two Vlc server for your Home Cinema and your Home Music entertainment.
Create your own mix of Music, Movies, Clips, Shows, ... for the evening with a few tips of your finger. Easily share your newest findings with your friends.
Complete Home Entertainment
TVlc brings all the necessary functionality to watch Youtube Videos just as with Youtube Remote from Google. It brings everything you need on a DVD remote control. It lets you play all your music on your best audio equipment and all your videos on your best displays in the house easily.
So, are you still watching Youtube on your Laptop while sitting in beside your huge fancy television set? Then it is time to embrace real easy Internet supported Home Entertainment with TVlc.
Let's see, how does Google promote Youtube Remote and if it applies to TVlc?
- Turn your Android device into a YouTube remote control! - TVlc definitely does!
- Control the YouTube experience from the comfort of your couch! - Well, it's a mobile. So yes TVlc completely does.
- With YouTube Remote, you can use your Android phone or tablet as a remote control for YouTube videos on your desktop computer or Internet TV.
Yep, that's TVlc.
- Not sure who that actor is? Want to hear more songs from this artist? Click on the ‘Topic’ button for a world of information about the video you’re watching.
Not yet, but then, I am no multi billion dollar company that owns this entire store... ;)
Now try it yourself!
* Vlc >2.0
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
This version is for all devices except ARMv6 devices. They will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android needs access to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, to help understand crashes and issues, so we can improve VLC.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming and outgoing phone calls.
• "Other" to check network connections and hide the streaming parts when needed.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during outgoing and incoming calls.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the video and audio players.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
- For Android TV app only:
• It needs "record audio " for audio search using your microphone.
• It needs "to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen.
HD Media Player is includes all the codec (there is no need to download them later).
Media Player Ultra HD is easiest android phone movie player.
Media Player for Android is the best way to watch movies on your android device.
Video Player Android can play any movie, video, film, music that stored on your device(SD card).
Movie Player is based on VLC Player for Android Beta or VLC Media Player, Vitamio Codec and licensed under GNU General Public License ver3 or later.
## Support Video Formats
AVI, MP4, M4V, WMV, FLV, MKV, DIVX, 3GP, M3U8, RMVB, MPEG, MPG, MOV, RM, VOB, ASF, MKV, F4V, TS, VOB, TTS, TS, M3U, etc.
## Support Audio Formats
AAC, AC3, DTS, AIF, AIFF, AOB, APE, FLAC, M4A, MID, MOB, MPA, MP3, OGG, RA, TTA, VOC, WAV, WMA, etc.
:: Key Features
- Automatic scan all video files, movie files on your phone device.
- Supports all video and audio formats (Built-in MP4 video player)
- Play HD Smoothly.
- Hardware Decoding. Many videos will benefit from the latest hardware decoder.
- Touch Screen Zoom gesture.
- Quickly, Light, Simple, Smoothly : Play, Operation, Memory~
- Flash Video file format FLV (Built-in FLV video player) supprots (Adobe Flash Player is no longer needed).
- Screenshot capture supports.
- Playback speed control.
With just one touch e.g. the following functions are activated:
- change the language of the film
- switch on and change the subtitle language
- play speed faster / slower
- 10 seconds forward / backward
- operate the start menu with the arrow keys
- volume up / down / mute
- play / stop / forward / backward/ etc.
In this Pro version the volume of the player can also be controlled with the volume keys on the smartphone.
This version is free of advertising.
There are three selectable layouts for audio and two for video available.
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from many computer/network storage in your network (SMB, UPnP, FTP, SFTP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Support of torrent streaming: torrent files can directly be opened by the application;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: dedicated user interface that is keyboard/remote control compatible, Android TV compatibility;
- Share and keep track of what you have watched using Trakt scrobbler (see http://trakt.tv/);
- 3D video: visual tagging and side by side/top bottom playback mode with Archos stereo virtual reality glasses or cardboard support;
- Audio: night mode and audio boost options
- HDMI or S/PDIF: AC3/DTS passthrough on supported hardware (e.g. Nexus Player, ADT-1, Rockchip and AmLogic based tvbox devices) with compatible home cinema equipment
- Android 5.0 Lollipop support with flat/material user interface design.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
Formerly known as GTVBox Video Player.
Please, see the list of supported media formats for your device before you purchase!
- Grid, list and double list navigation.
- Navigation and playback from internal storage and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers (Experimental!).
- Navigation, search and playback from UPnP/DLNA servers.
- Playback of video files in all formats supported by your Google TV device from local drives or remote shares.
- Switching audio tracks in multilingual files.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (you need to have an srt (lower case extension) file in the same directory as your movie file like movie.mkv and movie.srt).
- Support for embedded MKV text subtitles (Experimental TXT/ASS/SSA. Enable "MKV extended support" feature). ASS styles are partially supported.
- Support for external audio track in M4A and MKA formats.
- M3U playlists support.
- Streaming of video and images from iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad (including YouTube) over Airplay. (Experimental. Music streaming and DRM are not supported yet).
- Streaming of video and music from Android phone with DoubleTwist+Airsync app.
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources.
- Movie covers and movie sheets! Use Movienizer or ThumbGen to generate images for your Google TV.
OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUMS:
Google Group: https://groups.google.com/group/gtvbox
Google TV Forums: http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/4075-gtvbox-video-player-support.html
It is not possible for the developer to answer customer's questions in Google Play reviews! If something does not work, please, post to the forum. You will get help shortly.
UPnP/DLNA streaming is reported to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server, TVersity, TVMOBiLi, Mediatomb, XBMC and Plex Media Server. SRT subtitles are supported when streaming from Twonky (v. 6.0+) and mediatomb. MKV subtitles are supported on all servers (if no transcoding). Covers and sheets are NOT supported for UPnP/DLNA, however ViMu will display covers/thumbnails provided by your server.
UPnP indexing and search feature is proven to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server and XBMC.
Most Google TV devices do not support DTS sound!
If you have no sound while playback, your video file might have unsupported audio track (like DTS).
If some of your files fail to play you can get REFUND for 3 days after purchase.
0 - 9 - seek to 0% - 90% of a movie.
A, ALT or Yellow - change audio track.
S or Blue - enable subtitles and change subtitle tracks.
O - change optical output mode DolbyDigital/PCM/DTS
P - set Revue video output mode to 50Hz (PAL).
N - set Revue video output mode to 60HZ (NTSC).
+/- - change subtitle size.
, / . - change subtitle offset in msec.
K/M - move subtitle up/down over the screen.
Z - zoom/crop 4:3 content (Sony only).
E - enable/disable external audio track.
R/T - change external audio track offset in msec.
X or Red - switch aspect ratio mode (only for NSZ-GS7, Co-Star and LG TV).
Enter or Info - Show/hide infobar.
To play all media files in a folder longclick the first one and select "play this and next files" or press PLAY media key.
Start typing for quicksearch option.
Officially tested on these Google TV units:
- Logitech Revue
- Sony NSZ-GT1 (Blu-ray)
- Sony NSZ-GS7
- Vizio VAP430 (Co-Star)
- Hisense Pulse
- ASUS Qube
Also known to be compatible with:
- Netgear GTV100 (NeoTV Prime)
- Sony NSX-GT1 (Internet TV)
- LG 47G2/55G2 (3D TV)
Most common file formats: MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, TS, MPTS, WMV, DIVX, 3GP, VOB.
· Stream live video from your phone to the world
· Browse live streams created by users worldwide
· Find your friends, subscribe, and get notified when they're live
· Share live video with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter
· Signup through Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or email
· Save to your device while stre.aming*
- Upload Clips to your Reel and view other users' Reels.
- Individual Clips remain in your Reel for twenty-four hours.
· Find your friends, subscribe, and get notified when they stre.am.
· Discover stre.ams by popularity or location.
· Sign up through Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or with your email address.
Life is, and should be, unscripted. Stre.am encourages users to share moments, and not memories. From street soccer in Madrid to local band practices, users from around the world share unique moments every day.
*Save to device is compatible on most 4.3+ devices
Features of this App version:
- Displays MJPEG video streams used by most of the major vendors, e.g. Axis, Panasonic, etc.
- Connection via proxy server supported
- Store the settings for up to 4 camera servers on your device
- Play- & Pause mode
- Display SSL/TLS encrypted video streams
The MJPEG video format is very common for webcams and IP-cameras. This MJPEG client should be compatible to most of the commercial products. Beyond that this video streaming App can be used to display video streams from you own custom build video surveillance device:
Visit http://www.radicalrabbit.de/blog/2014/08/06/raspberry-pi-powered-video-streaming-part-1/ to find out how to create your own 100% compatible video streaming server using a Raspberry Pi and some additional software.
The manual for version 0.11 is available at http://www.radicalrabbit.de/blog/2015/01/06/stream-v0-1-user-manual/.
There is a streaming version of this application available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.samicemalone.stream.client.android.vlcremote
There is an install guide available at http://samicemalone.co.uk/remote-for-vlc/install.html.
You can also find a list of FAQ's at http://samicemalone.co.uk/remote-for-vlc/faq.html.
This application is a fork of the application "Remote for VLC" by Peter Baldwin (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.peterbaldwin.client.android.vlcremote).
The source code for this application can be found on GitHub (https://github.com/samicemalone/android-vlc-remote). See the repository for licensing information.
If you are using VLC 2.0.x version, you may need to edit your VLC ".hosts" file. (Windows default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\http\.hosts).
If you are using VLC 2.1 or VLC 2.2.0 nightlies, you will need to set a default password for the Web interface (Tools -> Preferences -> "All" checkbox -> Interface -> Main interfaces -> Lua)
This app should be compatible with AceStream since it is a fork of VLC. If using VLC and AceStream simultaneously, remember to change the port of the HTTP server.
* Added library support for viewing multiple directories under one directory
(via context menu). This is similar to Windows Libraries.
* Fixed crashing occasionally when trying restore the search query
* Added "What's New" dialog for displaying changelog on app update
* Updated install guide and FAQ's
* Fix force close when entering an invalid preset value
* Added playlist search
* Change app name to "Remote for VLC (Fork)" due to trademarked name "VLC Remote"
* Fix handling of passwords containing # or ;
* Removed broken stream context menu item
* Fixed crash due to logging
* Added preference for playback controls in the notification drawer
* Updated widget to use the same style views as the notification
* Added album art to widget/notification
* Added next/previous chapter buttons for large enough screens (VLC 2.0+)
* Can now choose the action bar buttons in Settings -> Interface Settings.
* Added presets for toggling audio/subtitle delays
* Can now give servers a nickname to display instead of ip/hostname:port
* Can now display the current server as a subtitle in the action bar
* Fixed some crashes/hidden views on orientation change
* Added swipeable tabs (ViewPager) for phone layouts
* Hide DVD preferences now takes effect without restarting the app
* The volume fragment is now hidden if there is not enough space in the UI.
Volume can still be adjusted with the hardware volume keys
* Fixed widget size
* Updated Spanish translations
* Restored "Remove from playlist"
* Library files and directories are now sorted case insensitively
* Fixed app crash under certain circumstances
* Added action bar item when browsing library to change the text size
* Fixed force close when scanning for servers in some situations
* Added preference for custom seek times
* Fixed some actions not working after changing server
* Display bottom action bar to smaller screens for cropping, subtitle track, fullscreen, audio track and aspect ratio.
* Playlist loading progress
* Detect media information from the filename
* Edit server, test server, HTTP auth servers
* Fix browsing titles and parent directories
* Added preference to hide the DVD tab for smaller screens
* Added preference to display directories sorted before files.
* Added preference to detect media information for each item in the playlist
You can load your existing feed or you can set up a new one. You can add and remove shows to your feed from within the application. No account registration needed, just choose your shows!
If you encounter any problems with this application, please get in touch and I will gladly try to solve them!