NOMINATED AS "DIGITAL PRODUCT OF THE YEAR" AT THE BRITISH MEDIA AWARDS
* A brand new app from STV dedicated to helping you get the most out of Glasgow
* A constantly updated feed of everything happening in the city – breaking news, the social buzz, timely travel and weather plus the hottest events and coolest new restaurants
* Pictures, descriptions and information on fantastic places to eat, including great daily offers, reviews from real customers and simple table booking. We'll even give you directions to get there
* Trailers, reviews and showtimes for all the latest movies
* What's On listings for all of Glasgow's major venues
* Detailed information about the best events happening in the city - handpicked by a team who love going out and discovering new things as much as you do
We’ve built this app with passion in Scotland. We love reviews but can deal with issues better if contacted directly: Twitter @stvglasgow; Email: email@example.com; Facebook /stvglasgow
Your ideas for improvements and enhancements will inform future updates
We hope you enjoy STV Glasgow
Glasgow is renowned the world over for the warmth of its hospitality and friendly, good-humoured citizens - PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW.
As one of Europe’s most vibrant, dynamic and stylish cities, Glasgow is also home to a fantastic, year-round cultural and retail offering.
From outstanding architecture, world-class museums and galleries, and one of the best shopping experiences in the UK to cutting-edge music and literary scenes, fabulous restaurants and some of Europe’s leading festivals and major events there’s a huge variety of attractions to entertain visitors to Glasgow.
• With the Official Glasgow Guide app you will have a real-time ‘guidebook’ of events, restaurants, cafes, bars, attractions and more available at the touch of a button
• Location-based searches and integrated on and offline mapping, making it easier to explore, discover, experience and enjoy Glasgow wherever you are in the city.
• A ‘what’s on’ section which provides a comprehensive listing of events taking place in the city, allowing searches to be made by date, genre or proximity.
• Special retail, dining and leisure offers.
• Access travel and transport information, allowing you to quickly and easily view transport networks, contact operators, call a taxi and link to a useful journey planner.
The Official Glasgow Guide app is the perfect guide to Glasgow and is a great way of ensuring that you’re among the first to know what’s on in the city!
To ensure you get the most from this year’s conference in Glasgow, this app will provide you with a snapshot of conference events, as well as how you can make the most of your time in the city.
Glasgow, one of Europe's most vibrant, dynamic and stylish cities, has been named the number one UK destination “on the rise” by the world's largest travel site, TripAdvisor®
From outstanding architecture, world-class museums and galleries, and one of the best shopping experiences in the UK to fabulous restaurants, a cutting-edge music scene and some of Europe’s leading festivals and major events there’s a huge variety of attractions to entertain visitors.
With the SMS Glasgow app you can take advantage of:
• Key SMS Glasgow conference events within the SMS Glasgow section of the app
• A real-time ‘guidebook’ of leisure events and attractions as well as regularly updated retail, dining and leisure special offers.
• Location-based searching and integrated on and offline mapping – making it easier to explore, discover and enjoy wherever you are in Glasgow.
• A comprehensive ‘What’s on’ listing allowing event searches to be made by date, genre or proximity.
• Travel and transport information, allowing you to view transport networks, call a taxi and link to a useful journey planner.