The purpose of this app is to make the Personal Statement process as straightforward as possible - from start to finish. First, it explains the UCAS system and what UK university
admissions officers are looking for, and then it shows you how to plan and structure your statement in easy stages.
You create, structure, edit and view your statement - wherever you are. Waiting for your friends, a bus or a train. Anytime, anywhere. Simply use your app to write an individual and highly effective personal statement – just like writing a text.
Advice you can trust
• Based on a best-selling book and used by many of the best schools and colleges in the UK, the Personal Statement App is packed with experience and expertise, tried and tested information and advice that you can trust.
• The App’s creator, sixth form tutor, Paul Telfer, has been guiding his tutees through their personal statements for over 25 years.
• Achieves excellent statements
• Speeds up the statement writing process
• Makes a daunting process straightforward
• Gives you the initiative instilling you with confidence
• Provides step-by-step no-nonsense stages
• Removes pressure at a stressful time for students and tutors in their busiest term
• Saves time for students, tutors, parents and sixth form heads
• Maximises your use of time
• Guides you through the essential redrafting process
• Advises on style, punctuation and paragraphing
• Includes a range of highly successful university commended statements
• Prepares for interview
• Displays the full statement in pdf or plain text ready to print
• Includes character and space count keeping the statement to the required length
• Allows statement to be cut and pasted into UCAS Application
The newly redesigned app offers instant access to the day's need-to-know news, with accompanying hi-res photo galleries and video to give you the story from every angle. Read the headlines at a glance or skip straight to your favourite sections with the new, easy-to-use menu. From UK News and Politics to Sport, Lifestyle and Weird News, there’s plenty to keep you informed and entertained throughout the day.
Find and follow the topics that interest you most
Offline reading, for when you don't have a connection
Share easily via Twitter, Facebook and email
Hi-res photo galleries and video from The Telegraph's renowned journalists
Live match centre, for up-to-the-minute football scores and results
Live financial data from the world markets
Font size selection
The app is free to download and features a 5-day trial. There are three ways to enjoy full access to the Telegraph for Android.
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased for £1.99, and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal via your Google Play account settings
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
3) Telegraph digital subscribers can use the app by validating their Telegraph Login within the app.
Please note: if you are an existing subscriber, in some instances you may be asked to revalidate your subscription on launching the app after an update. To do so, select an article, follow the ‘I already have a Telegraph subscription’ link and input either your email address and password (digital subscribers) or your subscriber number and postcode (newspaper subscribers).
Available from 5am GMT every morning, we bring you comprehensive news coverage of the top stories from the UK and around the world, plus award-winning sports reporting and opinion from our unmatched team of writers.
Weekend editions include the best of the magazines and supplements, from fashion and food to celebrity interviews, property advice and travel inspiration. The app also includes a dedicated interactive puzzles section, daily photo galleries and Matt’s essential daily cartoon.
- Daily News, World News, Business, Sport, Comment, Letters and Features
- Weekend magazine sections on Saturdays and Sundays
- Photo galleries
- Daily crosswords and Sudoku – choose any puzzle from the past 30 days
- Matt and Alex cartoons
- Archive editions from the past 30 days
Enjoy free access to Telegraph digital products
Your subscription starts with a free 14-day trial and includes unlimited access to the Telegraph website and other Telegraph tablet and smartphone apps. To access these additional benefits, simply create a Telegraph Login – your email address and chosen password – when prompted during the set up process within the app.
Just select three jockeys and three trainers who'll score points for you each time they have a winner or placed horse throughout the series. Then pick two horses ahead of every race throughout the season to add to your score. You can play on your own or, better still, set up your own private league with friends.
Download the app today and pick your stable to be in with a chance of winning some spectacular prizes including:
- A share in a Jumps racehorse with The Racegoers Club for a two-season period
- 2nd and 3rd place will each receive their own racing silks, as well as a one-year membership to The Racegoers Club
- Monthly winners will win a Premier day for two at the races
- The highest scoring provate league will win a Premier day at the races for six people
Note: Prizes available are subject to age and location. See in-app for full terms and conditions.
Download your ultimate guide to the season now!
- Published in 6 issues across the winter season
- 1 issue for £2.99
- Subscribe and save! Get 6 issues for just £9.99