Western Power Distribution provides power to 7.8 million customers in the Midlands, the
South West and South Wales. Our new Power Cut Reporter app provides support,
assistance and interaction, enabling customers to report power outages and seek
In our latest release you can now save multiple postcodes under one location to our My Location Alerts feature. This is perfect for customers that manage sites which cover a number of postcodes e.g. business complexes, warehouses, university campuses, etc.
You can now monitor power outages / faults at a single address or locations that cover multiple postcodes.
With this app you can also:
- Use our Power Cut Alarm feature to awake or notify you in the event of a power cut. Simply connect your device to its charger, open the alarm feature in the app and set the
device to sleep whilst leaving the app open on the screen. If your device stops receiving
power, an alarm will sound.
- Use the postcode checker to see if Western Power Distribution is your electricity distributor
- Use the interactive map to pinpoint fault locations and seek out important and general
advice for power outages and faults
- Join our Priority Services Register (PSR) which enables us to help any vulnerable
customers in the event of a power cut.
- Archive your past and current reports for future reference
- Receive push notifications and live updates of any faults in your area
- Use the outage/fault checklist to help assess any network problems
- Send reports directly to us at Western Power Distribution
- Use it to contact and live chat with our helpdesk
The following devices have been confirmed to work with the Power Cut Alarm feature with
the latest build. We hope to be able to continue to increase this list in the future.
Google Pixel 2
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy A5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
LG Nexus 5
HTC One M8
Motorola Moto G
HTC Nexus 9
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7