Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme have over 160 km of cycle routes with many quiet off-road routes including greenways, canal towpaths and river routes where you can get quickly and safely from A to B as well as explore the many tourist attractions on offer. And with over 1,380 hectares of parks and open spaces, Stoke-on-Trent is one of the greenest cities in the UK with some spectacular countryside, including the Peak District, right on your doorstep.
The Cycle North Staffs app is here to help you to get the most out of your cycling. They’re packed with routes across Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme to get you to school, to work, or for leisure. It’s suitable for all ages and abilities.
* Plan cycle routes from A-B
* Gives a choice of routes: fastest, quietest, and balanced option
* Browse leisure routes – fancy a pleasant hour’s ride somewhere nice?
* Browse points of interest, such as bike shops or tourist attractions
* Shows time, distance and quietness level
* Shows how many calories you would use
* Avoids hills automatically where possible, and shows the elevation profile
* Calculates CO2 saving compared to a car
* Browse photos and videos of cycle facilities in the area
* Save your favourite places for easy access
Why not leave the car at home and explore the network of cycle routes across Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme?
Get fit, save money, and get to know your local area.