★ Super fast search of over 285,000 words
★ Find words with missing letters
★ Find anagrams and words within words
★ Two word anagram look up
★ Wildcard searches
★ Tip box for quick help
Use CleverDic to solve the puzzles below
A shady solar event (7)
Enter dots for the missing letters: .C..P..
IS NO MEAL
Manchester United = MECHANISED NUTTER
Try your own name!
Enter SUPER# to find supercalifragilisticexpialidocius
It has many advantages compared to similar applications:
1) Contains many thousands of Proper Nouns, including full names, professions, nationality, date of birth and death for about 65,000 famous people & deities and around 24,000 places, i.e. countries, cities, rivers, mountains etc. It also knows the names and dates of 65,000 popular movies, books, songs and albums. These proper nouns are essential for solving general knowledge clues, which can make up to 20-25% of crossword clues. These clues are the type that you either know them or you don't, i.e. difficult to just guess, so if you do not know a particular person you are usually stuck.
2) Provides filters to reduce the list of possible answers. This is essential when only a few letters are known. E.g. you can filter out rarely used words.
3) Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 24 languages are currently available (see below).
4) Contains 5 different modes for help solving Crosswords, Anagrams, Synonyms, Codeword, and Cryptic Crosswords. Codeword mode allows the user to specify which letters are already known (and hence not considered for the unknown letters), and which unknown letters are the same (i.e have the same Codeword number). Cryptic mode contains extra help with many examples.
5) Solves "two word" answers. This is very useful in combination with first and last names of famous people. It also finds "two word" anagrams.
6) View answers in multiple columns. Optimized use of screen space. Takes full advantage of size of tablet.
7) Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
8) The dictionary also contains some foreign language words. These are often found in some crosswords. Foreign words are English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Latin.
9) Contains about 150,000 synonyms, using the built-in thesaurus, to help find the solution from the clue.
All of these features are available without an internet connection, and are rarely found in similar applications.
Other functionality includes:
- Lightning fast search engine. No search button needed as possible matches are displayed instantly as you type.
- Comprehensive list of 300,000+ normal words, split into common and rare lists to help you find the right match.
- View detailed word definition of the possible answers (internet connection required). The app transforms the Wiktionary page, in order to be easily viewed on small screens.
- Link to the wiki page for famous people and places (internet connection required).
- App can be downloaded onto an SD card.
Dictionaries available are English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later.
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
• Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
• Audio pronunciation – hear every word
• Voice search – speak to search
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
• Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
• Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
• Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
• Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
• Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are spelled
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Want even more? You can add to your app with our in-app purchases:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.
★ Fast anagram solver
★ Two word anagram solver
★ Sub-Anagrams, find words within words
★ Search over 130,000 words
★ Look up word definitions
★ Share results with friends
★ Modern design for ease of use
★ No network connection required, works offline
Ideal companion for TV shows like Countdown, enter the 9 letters to find all of the 9,8,7,6,5 and 4 letter words.
* Take all the Wikipedia knowledge with you even without an internet connection, with Android's ONLY app to offer downloadable offline databases in over 30 languages!
* Make reading Wikipedia fun with our random article function right from the first page of the app!
* Discover meaningful encyclopedia articles and learn more about your surroundings with Wiki Encyclopaedia Gold's "articles near me" feature
- Pre-set the languages you use the most as your "favourite languages", then easily switch language to read the same Wikipedia article in one of those languages!
- Switch and search between online or offline Wikipedia™ Encyclopedia, or online Wiktionary ™ dictionary
* Wiktionary dictionary allows you to search for words in any language and will provide the translation to that word as well as the meaning! It is a perfect two-in-one dictionary and translator.
- Suggest/Autocomplete feature for faster searching
- Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
- "Search on page"
- Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
- Share articles directly from your Wiki app!
- Mobile/Desktop mode
- Set Text Size
- Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to phone's memory / Reading list
Supported Wikipedia languages include: English, Nederlands, Deutsch, Svenska, Français, Italiano, Español, Русский, Polski, Tiếng Việt, 日本語, Winaray, Sinugboanong Binisaya, Português, 中文, Українська, Català, Norsk (Bokmål), Suomi, فارسی, Čeština, 한국어, Magyar, العربية, Română, Bahasa Melayu, Српски / Srpski, Minangkabau, Türkçe, Bahasa Indonesia, Қазақша, Slovenčina, Esperanto, Dansk, Lietuvių, Euskara, Български, עברית, Hrvatski, Slovenščina, O‘zbek, Volapük, Eesti, हिन्दी, Galego, Nynorsk,
==If you are having trouble downloading the offline wiki encyclopaedia databases, please go to the left menu, DOWNLOAD WIKI, RECOVER PURCHASE. From here you will be able to recover your offline wiki automatically and re-start failed downloads. Any further problems, please email us! ===
Download Wiki Encyclopedia Gold, today and share the app with your friends to qualify for a free offline database!
WIKIPEDIA, WIKTIONARY, and WIKIMEDIA are trademarks of the Wikimedia Foundation. We are not endorsed by or affiliated with the Wikimedia Foundation.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
- Capital with latitude and longitude coordinates
- National anthem with year of acceptance and writer
- Important national dates
- Calling code
- Government Type
- ISO 3166 Code
- Other information like national animal, bird, sport, emblem, airline, poets, dishes, liquors, internet tld, etc.
Test your knowledge with the most addictive quiz on country flags and capitals. What's more - share the test score among your friends!
With Countrypedia, one can locate the country capital on Google Maps as well.
One can search a country based on capital, currency, area (including area rank in the world), denonym, calling code, timezone, language, continent; and vice-versa.
It provides filtering on any of the above criteria.
In short, Countrypedia is the most handy application for all the basic and some advanced information of a country. If you do like it, we request you to please share it among your friends and colleagues using the share icon.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app and then perform simple or advance searches (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available) and the application can be used with ebook readers.
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Hebrew, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech as well as synonyms and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
It is possible to contribute to dictionaries and to add personal notes.
Synchronize your notes with all your devices by connecting your Google account.
This version is ad supported but you may want to try the pro version which has no ads.
Need French proverbs for your assignment ?
Need to make your Curriculum Vitae look impressive ?
Need to show off your French skills to your friends??
Look no further.
Contains 250+ famous French proverbs along with their English translation
Application is available in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
But proverbs are only in French and English.
Nothing defines a culture as distinctly as its language, and the element of language that best encapsulates a society's values and beliefs is its proverbs.
Proverbs are often borrowed from similar languages and cultures, and sometimes come down to the present through more than one language. Both the Bible (including, but not limited to the Book of Proverbs) and medieval Latin (aided by the work of Erasmus) have played a considerable role in distributing proverbs across Europe, although almost every culture has examples of its own.
♦ More than 182000 english definitions and large number of inflected forms
♦ Fast as it works offline, internet is used only when a word is not found in the offline dictionary
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger!
♦ Easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets
♦ Bookmarks and history with option to backup your bookmarks
♦ Crossword help: the symbol ? can be used in place of unknown letter
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader, FBReader and other applications via share button
♦ Themes with user defined text colors (how? press menu-->select Settings-->click on Theme)
♦ No voice output? Please follow instructions here: http://goo.gl/axXwR.
Word pronunciation works only if voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine).
♦ No automatic keyboard at startup? Please open the panel Settings and then set option Persistent Search
♦ Question & Answers: http://goo.gl/UnU7V
♦ Information about permissions used by the application can be found here: http://goo.gl/AsqT4C
You can post your suggestions on http://goo.gl/Xkk6d
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up "Customize dictionary" and select "Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word"
⚠ An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
keywords: Englisch, Inglês, английский
This application requires the following permissions:
INTERNET - to retrieve the definition of unknown words
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (aka Photos/Media/Files) - to backup configuration and bookmarks
It includes almost 600,000 items from all categories. All data is included in the app, no internet connection is needed using this app.
Just specify the character count of the answer, fill in some key words of the question, provide the characters you already know, and you will have the answer as soon as you hit the search button.
The app needs about 50 megabytes of free diskspace on the sdcard to unpack its databases.
There is also a demo version available here at Google Play.
★ Please contact me in case of any problems before you leave a bad comment / ranking. I will solve your problem! ★