Every issue is packed with brilliant photography and videos, as well as competitions, reader feedback and advice that inspires and supports everyone who volunteers to work with Britain’s half a million Scouts.
Featuring the Get Active! supplement full of practical games, adventures and projects suitable for all budgets, seasons and locations. From sailing to IT skills, there's something to try for Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers and Network members, and bags of ideas for every leader.
Scouting for Boys (1908) is Baden-Powell's rewrite of his earlier book Aids to Scouting (1899) with many youth training ideas openly taken from The Birch Bark Roll of the Woodcraft Indians (1906) written by Ernest Thompson Seton, who later became the Chief Scout of the Boy Scouts of America Aids to Scouting was mostly a written explanation of the military scouting and self-reliance skills lessons Baden-Powell had learned from Frederick Russell Burnham, the British Army Chief of Scouts, but following the siege of Mafeking this military handbook unexpectedly became popular with many youth groups and teachers in Britain
The Scouts Australia App is designed for people interested in Scouting as well as existing youth members and Adult Leaders in Australia.
Use this app to learn more about Scouting - how it began, what it can offer and how to join. Use the handy Scout Hall locator to find a Scout Group near you. Explore the Scout Award Scheme for the various age groups and gain an insight into the Scout Method that has proven effective for more than a century. Youth members and Leaders will also appreciate the convenient and comprehensive award scheme reference.
The live news feed (Internet connection required) will alert you to breaking stories.
If you are a Leader, the Scouts Australia app links with Scout Central (The Australian Leader Resource) and will send you automatic notifications of new information or material as it is released.
Although very specific to Scouting in Australia, this app has been made available internationally as one of the first examples of an official mobile app released by a National Scout Organisation.
Keywords: Scouts Oz
The only mobile app to feature all the cookies from all the bakers! Find them first using the official Girl Scout Cookie Finder app—the closest cookie booth sales, the best way to contact your local Girl Scout Council, and the complete listing of all cookie types and flavors from all the bakers. Covers every Zip code in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Girl Scout cookies go on sale just once a year—and for a limited time only. Make sure you never miss a sale using this simple cookie finder app that lists the time, date and location of all cookie booth sales in the country. Simple intuitive interface makes finding cookies a snap, just install and press "Find Cookies Now!"
You've got that craving. You know it's the season. And the question on everyone's mind: Where are the Girl Scout cookies?
Get the Official Girl Scouts of the USA Cookie Finder app for your iOS or Android phone or mobile device. Support Girl Scouts by using this free app that will help to navigate your way to Thin Mints, Lemonades, Tagalongs, Shout Outs, Samoas, and all the other great Girl Scout cookies in your area and around the nation. Your next box of Thin Mints is just a touch away!
Find ‘em on the go: GPS will read your location and show you cookie sales nearby.
Easy to sort and view: Sort the listings by date or radius, or view them all on a map.
How far will you go to support your local Girl Scout troop? 15 miles? 50 miles? Expand or limit the radius of which the app searches your area for sales.
The most comprehensive data available: The app contains cookie sale data from all bakers around the country, including the start and end of local cookie seasons to specific locations of sales.
Tell your friends: Post a cookie sale location to Twitter or Facebook, or send your friends an email.
Vote for your favorite: Tell us—and the world!—about your favorite Girl Scout cookie. Cast your vote on the app and share it on Facebook and Twitter.
Not just a one-time thing: Save cookie sale dates to your local calendar.
Cookies everywhere: Find cookies by zip code to find them in areas other than your current location.
Link up with Girl Scouts: Follow us on Twitter, join our group on Facebook, visit the cookie webpage, view videos on YouTube, and check out photos on Pinterest!
No cookies? No way! Connect with your local council to find out when you can get your cookies again.
Every cookie has a mission: To help girls do great things. Start with our app, and get your cookies now!
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
It is great for:
and many other group gatherings…
New Features in Version 1.2:
You asked. We listened.
PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE!
Blazing speed for tracking!!!
NATIVE DATE PICKER for events!
Optimized all icons.
Changed events, groups, people, themes icons.
Added Tab Bar: Home, Events, Groups, People, Settings.
Simplified and redesigned Events, Groups and People and their Editing Tabs
You can now import a single group and it's people and events from the Settings Tab
You can now export a single group and it's people and events from within the Group Tab
Now every event becomes a template - just duplicate it, update parameters (optional) and start tracking you reoccurring event.
In Person's tab - new buttons added to contact people by phone or email.
Event can be now sent as a report to all, only present, only absent or to default recepients.
In about tab - added a button to send a comment to developer, and a link to a list of all our applications
Added helpful tips.
Under setting - new option to turn on/off tips.
Changed font to "Sans-Serif" for better readability on non-retina displays.
When tracking attendance added a button to display names beside each other or below each other.
When tracking attendance added a button to check/uncheck all attendees.
Added Text Buttons in the header for easy navigation.
Various bug fixes.
We worked hard. Did you find the feature you were asking for? Can you give us 5 stars? ;-)
tags: attendance tracking student class roster record school university education course, cub scout, church, awana
Singles badge app eliminates the 'fear' of rejection or being seen to be rejected, the wonder of are they single or are they not. It eliminates Fake profiles because it's all based on close proximity and chances are you've already seen the person flirting with you. If it's unwanted attention though you simply block them and move on. Less and less people go out to pubs to meet a partner so Singles badge simply helps singles connect in the forever changing and adapting singles scene.
The new digital Supertrail Maps are now available for the Scout App. Use track recording and navigation for Mountainbikes.
Scout is your companion for outdoor activities. Make use of topographic maps for hiking adventures or check your training data with the integrated speedometer. Further you can use Scout for cycling and other activities to record your tour for subsequent analysis.
* Bike computer and bike navigation plus track recording for Android Smartphones with GPS receiver
* Worldwide maps from OpenStreetMap (online)
* Maps from OpenCycleMap with bikeways and contour lines
* Can be extended with offline topographic maps for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and National Parks USA (in-app billing, more countries to come)
* Record tracks, send them via email
* easy to use, well-designed user interface
Scout uses a high-resolution basemap from the worldwide OpenStreetMap (online connection necessary for OSM maps).
The free OpenStreetMap contains information about roads, footpaths and cities. You can move and zoom the map with your fingers. OpenStreetMap, which is updated regularly, is a non-commercial map made by thousands of volunteers all around the world.
Scout has built-in access to our MapStore where you can buy detailed topographic maps for offline use (scale 1:50,000). You can buy extra regions, store them on the Android Smartphone and use all of the functions in the app without an active internet connection. The topographic maps are especially suitable for outdoor activities since they show very small tracks and footpaths, small streams and contour lines.
The stylish speedometer shows you the GPS signal strength and all other information you need to know. You can choose six fields to display out of the following list:
* Current speed
* Maximum speed
* Average speed
* Pace (Min/Km)
* Number of trackpoints recorded
* Total distance travelled
* Total elapsed time
* Travelling time
* Current altitude
* Lowest/highest point
* GPS accuracy
Click the Start button to start recording a track.
In the Settings menu you can choose three different track recording methods (optimized, time-based or distance-based track points).
In map view, the track can be shown overlaid on the map. After recording the track, you can store it as a gpx file.
Each recorded track is shown at the tour overview and can be used for navigation. The tour overview shows the track together with length, altitude difference and date of recording.
Further extra information is stored as well:
* Total distance
* Travelling time
* Average speed
* Highest/lowest point
* Personal rating (scenery, fitness, skill and adventure)
Each track can be sent as a gpx-file via email and can be viewed on a PC or exchanged with friends.
The Settings menu lets you customize Scout to your personal needs.
Map: This is used to manage your map regions. You can buy topographic maps and download them to your Android Phone to be independent from an internet connection during your outdoor activities. When you are on the road, you can also use the purchased maps online through the mobile data connection and then download them later when WiFi is available.
General: This is used to choose the required units (metric or US) and the track recording method (optimized, time-based, distance-based). You can also choose an automatic screen saver to save battery power when you are outdoors.
Online Scout Manager (on the web) allows you to manage all your scout records, programmes, scouting events, finances, attendance register and more. Over 43 thousand scout leaders have signed up to save vast amounts of time on their scouting admin.
Scouts Manager allows you to use Online Scout Manager on your phone, either online or offline. You need an Online Scout Manager account to use this app.
* Attendance register (integrated with badges from your programme and synced across multiple devices)
* List of due badges and ability to mark as awarded
* Programme browser
* Contact details - editable
* Upcoming events - editable
* Flexi-Records - editable
* Patrol points - editable
* List of who is in which patrol
* Ability to add new members
Register at https://www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk to start managing your badges, events, scout programme and more for your beavers, cubs, scouts and explorers.
With this app you can:
* Manage dens and their scouts
* Keep track of meetings, including date, notes, and attendance
* Track item completions for achievements, electives, belt loops and pins, and Webelos badges
* Track partial item completions for each type, with the item being marked completed automatically once all the required parts have been completed
* Generate reports for the items completed and mail that to, for example, your Den leader or other pack leadership
GPS integration feature will help you get accurate prayer times wherever you are on earth! (Paid version only)
You don't need to ask anyone for Qibla direction anymore. with digital compass integration feature, Al-Moazin will show you the exact direction accurately.
Application is equipped with a Hijri Calendar to be able to display and check dates in Hijri or convert Hijri to Gregorian dates and vise versa.
Follow Me feature will initiate an automatic location update when you travel or change location. (Paid version only)
Multiple set of notifications related to Prayer times to plan whatever actions you need related to Prayer times before or after. (Paid version only)
* Islamic prayer times with different calculation methods:
- Umm al-Qura, Makkah
- Egyptian General Survey Authority
- University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi
- Islamic Society of North America
- Muslim World League
* Hijri calendar, and ability to correct it manually according to Hilal sighting.
* Qiblah direction based on phone's compass capabilities
* Follow me, update prayer time automatically while traveling using wireless mobile capabilities. (Paid version only)
* Fajr wakup notification, additional to the default notifications set before and after Prayers. (Paid version only)
* Follow phone ringer mode which make Azan notifications are played as audio, visual or vibration.
* Visual warning for the time left before the next Prayer comes in, using simple widget.
Our Features include:
* Displaying nearby toilets in a list or on the map
* Satellite View
* No Advertisement
* Adding new Locations by yourself or rate existing locations
* Turn by turn navigation to toilet
* Inspecting the location near a toilet using Google Street View (if imagery available)
* Different languages: Spanish, Chinese and English.
* Waterfall sound
We would be thankful, if you rate the restroom you just visited in order to help us improving our service for you. You can also notify us with the push of one button if a toilet does not exist. We also would be happy to receive any other of your feedback by mail or via the 'feedback' button from the application menu. If you enjoy using our application we would also appreciate your rating!
★★★★★ "Love the features! Great App for property research."
★★★★★ "Brilliant. Easy to use, handy features like seeing properties on the map :-)"
★★★★★ "Best of all Property Apps. Has lots of search options"
Searching for property for sale, or flats to rent? With over 1 million properties for sale or to rent and all the tools you need, keeping on top of your property search, on the go or at home, has never been easier than with the Zoopla app.
The free Zoopla app makes it easy to access the most up-to-date market information, view available properties and contact local estate agents to help you make the smarter property choice.
On the move? Zoopla's app uses your GPS to instantly find you house for sale, flats to rent and even new build homes just built in nearby locations.
Looking for a 45 minute commute? Now you can search by your desired travel time to the office, school or station.
Searching for a holiday home to buy? No problem. The Zoopla app also includes properties for sale overseas!
Looking for a commercial property? Now you can use the Zoopla app to discover thousands of commercial properties for sale and to rent throughout the UK.
* Map View: See your search area to help you pin point your perfect location.
* Personalised Property Alerts: Create alerts for your desired location to be alerted as soon as new properties are available.
* Custom Searches: Filter the search results to quickly
* Hide Listings: With the press of a button you can hide properties you're not interested in to easily see the ones you are.
* Keyword Searches: If the filters aren't enough, you can create your own using a keyword search.
* Travel Time Searches: Search for properties within your desired time to get to your office or child's school.
* Photo Slideshows: Swipeable large image slideshows.
* Local Area Info: See the average value, sold prices and average asking prices in your areas of interest.
* Map Modes: View properties on a standard map, or switch to heatmap to quickly see asking prices across an area.
* Cross-device Access: Sign into your MyZoopla account to access your saved searches and properties across all of your devices.
* Connect w/Agents: Click to call buttons to help you connect easily with agents.
Tip: Zoopla will keep you updated when new homes come on the marker that meet your criteria. Save a search to get started.
Learn about the area before your viewing by looking at property in the UK with Google Street View.
Share property with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, via email, SMS and directly from the app.
What you’ll love about the Rightmove property app:
- Sync and share your saved properties and searches on your desktop, with other smartphones and even your TV with ‘MyRightmove’.
- View photos and floorplans in full screen.
- Find stations and schools near a property.
- Enquire about a property via phone or email in-app.
What is it?
• A widget that shows the number of unread emails
• With one click, it directly opens the Gmail app with a specific account/folder/label
• One icon can have one-click links to different accounts/folders/labels
Who needs it?
• People who often check email
• People who like iOS style of unread badge
• People who have multiple Gmail accounts and don't want to launch Gmail app -> Swipe left for menu -> Select account -> select label (Only one-click is required with Unread Badge. Yes, one-click)
• People who wants to customize the Gmail icon
What does it do?
• You can use multiple Gmail accounts
• You can select different labels/tabs/folders (*paid version only)
• One widget can support multiple accounts and labels
[Important]: Gmail app (NOT Android version) needs to be 4.0.5 or higher. Be sure you first check the app version and/or update to the latest.
* We are currently investigating if we are able to support Exchange accounts for Gmail 5.0+. Thank you for your patience.
* If you have purchased our old(discontinued) 'Gmail Unread Counter' app and wish for a refund, please email us your order number.
FAQ & Credit:
Check our the website for more details, user guides, roadmap, etc - http://apps.eventtraffic.co.uk/
The My Register app is easy to use. It allows you to:
•Record who's in, out, and away
•Sort your list by name or by age
•Identify who's unaccounted for
•Get access to contact details in event of emergency
•See clear colour-coding to show each individual's status
•Allows you to manage multiple groups/events
Copyright 2011 AP&PS (Andy Potter & Pete Swynford)