The Yellow Card is a free smartphone app for reporting suspected side effects (or adverse drug reactions) to the UK’s Yellow Card Scheme. Created in collaboration with the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the UK government medicines watchdog, it is the only app that allows you to report side effects directly to the Yellow Card Scheme to help the MHRA ensure they are acceptably safe for patients. You can also sign up to get official news and alerts about medicines you are taking or interested in.
· For patient and healthcare professionals
· Easy to use form for reporting side effects directly to the Yellow Card Scheme
· Simple to submit updates to Yellow Cards already submitted
· View previous Yellow Cards submitted through the app
· Create your own watch list of medications that you want to receive official news and alerts about
· No costs – app is free to use for everyone
· Provides a convenient alternative to using paper Yellow Card forms or the Yellow Card website
The Yellow Card Scheme is vital in helping the MHRA, the, monitor the safety of medicines in the UK to ensure they are acceptably safe for patients. Reports can be made for all medicines including vaccines, blood factors and immunoglobulins, herbal medicines and homeopathic remedies. It is important for patients and healthcare professionals to report problems experienced with medicines as these are used to identify issues which might not have been previously known about. The MHRA will review the medicine, and if necessary, take action to minimise risk and maximise benefit to the patients.
Available as an app for Android? tablet and mobile devices. More information at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
The Yellow Card Scheme app has been developed as part of WEB-RADR. WEB-RADR is supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative Joint Undertaking (IMI JU) under grant agreement n° 115632, resources of which are composed of financial contribution from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) and EFPIA companies’ in kind contribution.