This viewer is designed as a companion product to RootsMagic, the award-winning desktop genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
* Uses your actual RootsMagic files- no conversion needed
* Easily put your family history files on your device through DropBox
* Keep as many files as you want right on your device
* Use the free desktop software to convert other genealogy files including PAF, Family Tree Maker, Legacy Family Tree, and GEDCOM into viewable RootsMagic files.
* Pedigree, Family, Descendant, and Individual Views to quickly explore your family tree
* Browse people by surname and given names
* Search ancestors by name or record number
* View media, notes, and sources for people, families, events, and facts
* Source list
* To-do lists
* Research Logs
* Media Lists
* Address Book
* Repository List
* Correspondence List
* Place List
* Perpetual calendar
* Date calculator
* Relationship calculator
* Soundex calculator
Note: Requires RootsMagic desktop family tree software or the free RootsMagic Essentials software to create, edit, or add to your genealogy files.
Genealogy Research Assistant gives you full access to your family tree research data when on the move - so you can have it all with you when out on a research trip, or at a family gathering, or just anywhere you want.
* Primary displays for a family group, individual person details and pedigree (direct ancestors).
* Navigate by sliding, or choosing a person from a list.
* Navigation undo/redo - makes it easy to move backwards and forwards between two people.
* Supports GEDCOM 5.5.1 for sharing family tree data with other researchers - both import and export.
* Data held on device, so doesn't need internet access to see the trees.
* Supports multiple family trees, allowing switching between them.
* Supports multimedia. - photo, audio and video.
* See all notes, source citations and media associated with each type of record - family, individual, life events etc.
* Search facility for large trees.
* Built in help - doesn't require an internet connection to display.
* Additional support and knowledge base articles on the web site.
* No subscriptions or desktop PC software needed.
* READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - GEDCOM file import, media file access.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - GEDCOM file export.
* INTERNET - for links to support web site and play store.
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE/CHECK_LICENSE - license checking.
All information contained in the database is regarded as the user's personal data, and is not shared with others, unless explicitly done so by the user in the form of an export GEDCOM file.
This app has been tested extensively on a number of tablet devices. All useful software, especially with a potential device range as large as Android, is likely to contain bugs. Should you encounter any issues, or just have suggestions for improvements, please email us or go to our web site to raise a support ticket. Please give us a chance to resolve any issues before leaving a negative review.
Lets you annotate your tree with on-site notes, including photos (graves, primary docs, etc.), and send them to your home machine via GMail.
The App is fast, robust, and complete. It has been tested on files up to 20MB (65,000 names).
If you need to try before you buy, there is a fully functional (time-limited) trial version available. (Scroll down to "View more applications" to find it on the Market.)