This viewer is designed as a companion product to RootsMagic, the award-winning desktop genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
* Uses your actual RootsMagic files- no conversion needed
* Easily put your family history files on your device through DropBox
* Keep as many files as you want right on your device
* Use the free desktop software to convert other genealogy files including PAF, Family Tree Maker, Legacy Family Tree, and GEDCOM into viewable RootsMagic files.
* Pedigree, Family, Descendant, and Individual Views to quickly explore your family tree
* Browse people by surname and given names
* Search ancestors by name or record number
* View media, notes, and sources for people, families, events, and facts
* Source list
* To-do lists
* Research Logs
* Media Lists
* Address Book
* Repository List
* Correspondence List
* Place List
* Perpetual calendar
* Date calculator
* Relationship calculator
* Soundex calculator
Note: Requires RootsMagic desktop family tree software or the free RootsMagic Essentials software to create, edit, or add to your genealogy files.
- Manages Individuals and Families
- Manages Genealogy
- Anniversary Widget/Alarm
- Supports D-day(count for anniversary)
* English, Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Slovak, Czech, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), French and Turkish
* Android 1.6 or later
~ Please refer to the website for 'Known limitations' and 'Permission Usage'
Genealogy Research Assistant gives you full access to your family tree research data when on the move - so you can have it all with you when out on a research trip, or at a family gathering, or just anywhere you want.
* Primary displays for a family group, individual person details and pedigree (direct ancestors).
* Navigate by sliding, or choosing a person from a list.
* Navigation undo/redo - makes it easy to move backwards and forwards between two people.
* Supports GEDCOM 5.5.1 for sharing family tree data with other researchers - both import and export.
* Data held on device, so doesn't need internet access to see the trees.
* Supports multiple family trees, allowing switching between them.
* Supports multimedia. - photo, audio and video.
* See all notes, source citations and media associated with each type of record - family, individual, life events etc.
* Search facility for large trees.
* Built in help - doesn't require an internet connection to display.
* Additional support and knowledge base articles on the web site.
* No subscriptions or desktop PC software needed.
* READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - GEDCOM file import, media file access.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - GEDCOM file export.
* INTERNET - for links to support web site and play store.
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE/CHECK_LICENSE - license checking.
All information contained in the database is regarded as the user's personal data, and is not shared with others, unless explicitly done so by the user in the form of an export GEDCOM file.
Short: If there's something wrong tell us, if not tell others.
Long: This app has been tested extensively on a number of tablet devices. All useful software, especially with a potential device range as large as Android, is likely to contain bugs. Should you encounter any issues, or just have suggestions for improvements, please email us or go to our web site to raise a support ticket. If you like it, positive feedback is always welcome.
So my friends and I started work on BillionGraves.com. In building the site and its iPhone and now Android apps, we’ve created a framework that allows people all over the world to map out photos of all the headstones in their local cemeteries and upload them to the BillionGraves.com database. Once the photos are there, fellow family historians can transcribe the information from the headstones and make it easy to search, which puts unique headstone records only mouse-clicks away from anyone looking for their ancestors. By using the smartphone's location services, we can ensure that even when descendants are half a world away, they can not only see their ancestors’ information, but they can also see the headstones and precisely where those headstones are. Previously undocumented records end up collected in an easy-to-access, free-to-use location, and family historians anywhere can use this framework to build on their existing research.
The trouble is that even though we’ve built this framework, it won’t amount to much unless we have help from all over the world. And by all over the world, I mean if we don’t have help from YOU. We have the audacious goal to accurately acquire, transcribe and share at least one billion grave records, but that can’t happen without others who share that same vision...
- 4x1,4x2, 4x3,4x4widget
- font size, font color
- auto rotate
* Update names and details from your iPhone or from your private website
* Add and Tag Photos
* Get updated lists of upcoming birthdays
* Invite Family to view or update the family tree
* Check the activity log to see who has visited your site and what updates they made.
This app is a companion for your Private Family Tree website at TribalPages. All your Family Tree information is stored on our secure servers at TribalPages. Your family tree can be viewed and updated either using an internet browser on a computer or by using this app. Any updates that you make using the app will automatically appear on your website.
Invite family members to view or update the family tree. You can choose the level permission you give each invited member. They will receive an invitation via email. Invited members can either download this app or visit your website. The activity log shows when each member visits your site and what changes they have made.
Take pictures of your relatives or ancestral places. Tag the pictures and add them to your family tree. This is great when you visit family or at reunions.