* PW protected SqueezeBox Servers
* Fast library browse/search
* MySqueezeBox.com support
* Apps support
* Auto mute on calls
For SBS 7.5 - 7.7
See the link below for documentation.
REQUIRES A LOGITECH SQUEEZEBOX!
If you have any problem with SqueezeCommander, please contact me by email (email@example.com) and we will sort this out!
Or use the SlimDevices/SqueezeBox forum:
English support thread:
German support thread:
If you want to request an enhancement or report a bug, please use the SqueezeCommander tracker:
You won't even need a Logitech Squeezebox to make SqueezePlayer work - just download the (free) Squeezebox-Server (see below)
★★★ Stream your Music via WiFi or Mobile Connection ★★★
Make your music free! Now you can take all your music with you - car, school, work, garden, anywhere in your house.
SqueezePlayer is able to stream your local music (see below for supported formats), internet radio stations or songs from Apps like Last.FM, Deezer or WiMP from your Squeezebox-Server directly to your mobile or tablet. (Rhapsody and Pandora NOT working right now, due to licensing issues, Spotify only works with the help of triodes plugin installed in a Squeezebox-Server, Napster only works with Windows-based server).
For playback to be working via 3G you will need to open/forward port 9000 and 3483 on your router (as well as setting up a DynDNS service). As networking/streaming from your home network via internet is not straightforward, please also visit my growing tutorial: http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05/how-to-connect-via-3g/
SqueezePlayer is a playback App - you won't be able to control your Squeezebox (nor itself) with it. But there are enough Apps out there being a perfect fit: SqueezeCommander or OrangeSqueeze or free alternatives like the official Logitech App, Squeezer or SqueezeDroid.
From the main screen of SqueezePlayer you can jump directly to any of these App, where you mobile will be among all other players as long as SqueezePlayer is activated.
In OrangeSqueeze this also works the other way round: it will start SqueezePlayer automatically from the players list, so here it is highly integrated.
By the way: if you have any problem with SqueezePlayer, please contact me! I'm very happy to help you sort all problems out: support(at)squeezeplayer.com
★★★ Supported Music Formats ★★★
SqueezePlayer can stream FLAC, MP3, WAV and PCM natively (i.e. these are decoded directly on your Android Device)
Your SqueezeboxServer will be able to convert other file types (Ogg, mp4) to FLAC or mp3 on the fly, so these will play as well. (You can check the settings screen of your Squeezebox Server under Advanced->File Types what other file types will be transcoded to FLAC or mp3).
Please note that the inbuilt server of the Touch will not be able to transcode as much as a real server, you will be bound to the natively support formats!
★★★ Requirements ★★★
For SqueezePlayer to work you need to set up the Logitech Squeezebox Server (recently renamed to "Logitech Media Server").
You can download it here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.7.1/
SqueezePlayer will also work with the integrated server of the Squeezebox Touch (but be aware, that this one cannot convert as many formats as a real server).
I test against version 7.5 - 7.7 of the server.
Requirements: A local Logitech Media Server installation (version 7.7.2 or newer), and local players (tested with Squeezebox™, Squeezebox Radio and SoftSqueeze).
This free version is limited to 50 artists and albums, and new developments and feature requests will only be available in the full version. The app can be upgraded to the unrestricted full version as in-app-purchase at any time.
Please follow or join the Google+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/104868613430674318455 for submitting requests, receiving news announcements and sharing discussions!
Also, please consider rating the app and inform us about suggestions or criticism!
This app controls Squeezebox players connected to a Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) or MySqueezebox.com (including the server in the SqueezeBox Touch). Replicates almost every function of a Squeezebox Controller with an interface optimize for a touch screen.
NOW AVAILABLE: Tablet Mode, requires an In-App purchase (US$1.00)
Requirements: Logitech Media Server version 7.7 or better (tested with versions up to 7.7.2). It might work with versions as old as 7.5, but it hasn't been tested. Use the latest version if you plan on using MySqueezebox.com too. A MySqueezebox.com account is required if you don't use a Squeezebox Server. You can create one from within the app or on the website. And of course Squeezebox players to control.
- Replicates almost all of the functionality of a SqueezeBox Controller, including the context menus and plugin apps.
- Incremental list loading for fast navigation through the menus.
- Works with both MySqueezebox.com and Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) as the music source.
- Automatic server discovery.
- Customizable backgrounds for each player.
- Works with multiple servers, players can be switched between servers.
- Mini controls in the notification area lets you control your Squeezebox even when the app is in the background.
- Song Downloading - download songs from your server to the device.
- Player Manager for easy syncing/unsyncing of players.
- Customizable Home menu.
- Pebble Smartwatch support.
- Can pause music during a phone call.
- Support for device docks.
- App Widget (home screen and lock screen)
- Tablet Mode (requires In-App purchase)
- For users of Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, there is a bad tip floating around about ways to speed up TouchWiz. It tells you to go into the Developer Options of your phone and setting Animator Duration Scale to Off. Please Do NOT do this. Doing so will prevent this app from functioning properly and possibly other apps too.
- This app can be quite demanding on the server compared to other controller apps and as such may not work well with a server running on a NAS. Complaints in the reviews about slowness is likely due to having the server on a NAS.
- Use a wifi connection if possible. A mobile data connection would work if the server is setup correctly, but the performance may not be acceptable.
- When connected, this app is constantly communicating with the server. If you're using a mobile data connection, this may incur a significant data usage fee.
- Tested with the SqueezeBox Receiver, Boom.
- Supports both local servers and MySqueezebox.com (you will need to have a MySqueezebox.com account)
- Automatically discovers local servers on your network.
- Supports playback of music files on your server and internet streams.
- Natively decodes Flac, MP3, AAC, Ogg, Alac, and PCM (AIF and Wav) audio.
- Natively supports playback of 24bit audio by converting to 16bit (with dithering).
- Continues playing when the app is in the background.
- Can handle music with lower than 44.1Khz sampling rates, common with internet radio.
- Supports fade in, fade out, and crossfading between songs.
- Supports synchronized playback with other players.
- Supports single channel mode for using two sync'd players as left and right channels
- Supports track/album gain for songs.
- Automatically pauses playback for phone calls.
- Option to pause audio when the headphones are unplugged.
- Option to launch directly into the notification area without showing an app view.
- Option to limit playback to only lossy compressed formats for low bandwidth situations.
- Option to auto-detect connection type (3G/4G or Wifi) and set the bandwidth accordingly.
- Option to disable 24->16bit dithering and/or use lower quality resampling for use on slower devices.
- Option to output higher than 44.1kHz audio on devices that support it.
- Works with the apps in MyApps that are allowed by Logitech to work on software players.
- Currently Android only supports up to 16bit/48kHz audio.
- Only works with ShoutCast and plain http internet streams, which accounts for the majority
of streams. Will not work with MMS and MMSH streams, which are mainly used for WMA audio.
- Apps like Rhapsody (and possibly Spotify) will not work with this app because Logitech restricts
them to hardware players only. I've been told that paid Pandora should work.
- The quality of synchronized playback can vary a lot depending on the device.
It works well on a Galaxy Nexus, but it won't be perfect and will need to be adjusted in your server
Orange Squeeze automatically discovers and connects to your local Logitech Media Server (formerly Squeezebox Server) over WiFi, or the mysqueezebox.com web site.
November 2013 -- New in 2.0 -- Compatible with KitKat -- Free upgrade!!!
- Full tablet support with fluid grid-style browsing that accentuates your beautiful artwork. Configure how large you want your grids to be, or if you you can choose to revert back to traditional list-style browsing.
- New UI based on the standard Android action bar and navigation drawer patterns. Your home menu and player list are just a swipe away at any time!
- New artist artwork generation technique using a more traditional grid instead of the overlapping cards model in the past.
- The current playlist view is updated to include some nice gestures, such as swipe-to-remove and also long-press to reorder. Overall the current playlist view is faster and more robust than before.
- Orange Squeeze will now broadcast track and player metadata, allowing consumption of track and player metadata by third-party apps.
- New track download backend that works around some issues with the previous one based on the Android download manager.
Fast browsing available immediately with no waiting for scans or database synchronization. Full search capabilities coupled with an intuitive and seamless interface make listening to music on your Squeezeboxen fun and convenient. Advanced caching heuristics make for a smooth, seamless experience.
Fully integrated and tested with Pandora, Mog, and other online services available on your Squeezebox.
- Can automatically mute players when a phone call is received, and optionally unmute them after you hang up.
- Use your phone's volume keys to control your player volume.
- Helpful user interface that introduces you to advanced features progressively.
- Drag and drop playlist and menu management for easy customization
- Works with password-protected servers.
- Synchronization, player sleep, and alarm support
- Clean, seamless integration with SqueezePlayer. Note that this requires the separate purchase of the SqueezePlayer app.
A huge thank you to everyone who helped test this release via Orange Squeeze Preview!
A brief discussion of some of the permissions Orange Squeeze requires:
The permission "READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY" is used strictly to detect when calls are made or received so that automatic player muting will work.
The permission "MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARD" allows the app to download tracks to your external storage and also place the application's artwork cache on the external storage.
The permission "FULL NETWORK ACCESS" allows the app to connect to either mysqueezebox.com or your local Logitech Media Server installation.
Tested in-house on the original Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 (2012). Supported on all Android devices running 2.2 and higher.
Except for artist name and album/track title it also display artist images from last.fm. However, neither this application nor the developer is endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by last.fm.
The current version don't work if the Squeezebox Server or Logitech Media Server is password protected, and it doesn't work with players only connected to mysqueezebox.com.
Only working with Sony SmartWatch 1 and Sony SmartWatch 2.
You must have Squeezebox Server or Logitech Media Server.
If you have problems, please send me an E-Mail so i can help and fix them.
* It displays album art, artist and title.
* Next track
* Previous track
* Volume Control
* Turn on / off
* Quick Change of Players
Swipe left/right to change song.
Touch to pause/play.
Swipe down to change player (swipe left/right); Swipe up or touch the player.
Swipe up to change volume (swipe left/right).
Swipe up to Power On/Off (touch).
This App is designed for the Sony SmartWatch 1 and 2.
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
*** only for use with mysqueezebox.com . you need a www.mysqueezebox.com account to use this app ***
•Shows list of favorite channels
•User can pick favorite channel to play
•Volume control with feedback
•Ability to play pause, power on power off the player
•art display from station
•does NOT need squeezeserver running
•rew/fwd/fav/block buttons for lfm, pandora
this app is NOT designed to work with Squeezebox connected to local server. Please do not give bad rating if it does not find your local SBs connected to LAN.
Pls email dev with problems/qs before posting low ratings.
Fast, full function remote control.
Search , Pandora , lastfm integration.
See and control all your SB apps from the phone.
Works on all android versions.
Schedule multiple alarms with choice of upto two stations for each alarm. If first station cannot be reached second station is tried. Works much more reliably compared to the default alarms on SB. If alarm cannot be started, optional local alerts triggered on phone.
see "menu->help" or website for detailed help.
Please read website for usage and detailed screen shots
Android program to control SqueezeBox devices from your phone.
- Apps support
- Playlists support
- Caching of images to sd card
- More bug fixes/ui polish
Hohner announces the introduction of a series of revolutionary new accordion apps for Android: The Hohner SqueezeBox Button Accordions.
Modeled on the layout of Hohner's iconic Corona Classic diatonic
accordion, these intuitive virtual accordion apps feature a super
responsive, three-row fingerboard that plays and sounds like the
Reviewers, please read the HARDWARE LIMITATIONS below before posting.
The app is optimized for devices with a screen size of 7" or higher but is still quite playable on smaller screens. Your playing experience may vary on each device, especially concerning multitouch functionality and speed. Please take advantage of the Google Play Store 15-minute trial period to see if the app performs well on your specific device: : http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=134336.
The Hohner SqueezeBox apps allow musicians to practice chord
combinations, scales, and songs on-the-go in five different key
combinations and colors. Headphones can be used for private practice,
or the audio output of the virtual accordion can be amplified by
plugging into computer speakers, or other sound enhancing devices.
Players may select to have the note names displayed on the large white
pearloid buttons. With the touch of a button, the tonality can be
changed from "wet tuning" giving an animated sound, to "dry tuning".
Touch anywhere above the button board in the bellows or grill to toggle between push and pull of the bellows.
This app is ideal for the beginning student or professional musician
who needs a simple carry-on companion to compliment his or her actual
accordion. While not meant to be a replacement for a real accordion,
the app is a convenient and easy tool for practicing, learning, or
EAD is commonly used for Tex-Mex, Cojunto, Norteño, and Zydeco.
Be sure to check out the "Real Players, Real Music" videos on the app website.
Want to play in all the keys? Download all five Hohner SqueezeBox
apps: Hohner-GCF, Hohner-FBbEb, Hohner-EAD, Hohner-ADG, and
Please read before purchase of this app if you have a Samsung Galaxy S2 or S3 phone.
Due to the touchscreen hardware capabilities on some Android phones, specifically, but not limited to the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3, it is not possible to touch two buttons directly next to each other at the same time along a row or between rows and have them both make sound at the same time.
Because the touchscreen hardware does not send us the touch events for adjacent buttons on the phones, this is not something we can fix in the software.
There is no problem on the phones for playing single note melody lines or chords not on directly adjacent buttons.
This limitation is not present for 7" or larger screen tablets.
For the reviewers posting negative reviews, the app is doing the best it can on your device and version of Android. The app is working great on many newer tablets. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Either upgrade your Android version, get a newer/faster device, or buy an iPad if you want the best possible performance. Rather than exclude anyone from trying the app, which we could have done, we'd rather give you a chance to try it on your device, and if it doesn't perform up to your needs, please just get your money back. This is the reality of musical instrument apps on Android.
MOG subscribers get the most powerful and easy-to-use music service on the planet, with:
★ Unlimited downloads for offline playback on your Android. *
★ Access to over 15 million songs – find your favorites with blazingly fast searches and discover millions more.
★ Amazingly accurate music suggestions Just For You.
★ Radio perfection: Truly personalised, with simple and fun ways to discover new music, like customizable artist-only radio, exclusive to MOG.
★ Instant sync between web and mobile.
★ Lots of ways to listen that fit your life at home, at work, and on the go.**
★ Playlists created by your favorite artists, and tons more!
Love music? All you need is MOG. Take it from the experts:
Top Music App of 2011
Like Spotify? MOG is even better
TRY IT FREE — SEE MOG.COM FOR DETAILS. Charges apply after free trial ends unless you unsubscribe. *** One free trial per customer. MOG is currently only available in the US and Australia.
See you in music paradise....
* With a paid mobile subscription, after your initial stream and storage, you can play your stored tracks everywhere you go.
** MOG is on Sonos, Squeezebox, and many more devices.
*** Australian users: Data charges may apply for non-BigPond and non-Telstra customers.
Android is a registered trade mark of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Always hard to find the song you want to play in stock music player?
This app is for you!
EZ Folder Player is an alternative music player based on folder structure.
* Simple and easy to use.
* Supports Shuffle / Repeat one / Repeat All.
* Provides 4x1 and 4x2 widgets.
* Support 3rd party Equalizer on Android 2.3 and above.
* Support notification control on Android 3.0 and above.
* Support lock screen control on Android 4.0 and above.
How to use:
* Browse to your music folder and choose which music file you want to start playing.
* You can also play a folder with all it's sub-folders by click the folder icon.
* You can modify the initial folder in settings.
* If you use any Task Manager or Task Killer, please
make sure this player and Gallery app are not in the auto kill list.
* If you want to help translate this app, please email me.