Simple and intuitive to use, the app allows you to search for places to visit in a number of ways. Use the near me map or list to find out what’s around your current location, or our unique Day Out finder wheel which suggests places based on your selected region or county as well as any specific needs like somewhere that’s great for the kids, or something coastal, or that allows dogs.
Other useful features include:
• Events at places to visit
• Don’t miss tips for when you arrive
• Times, prices, directions and more
• Picture galleries
• Favourites - build your own list
• Share with your friends
• Scalable maps
A great app for anyone on the move or planning a trip, you can explore all 400 English Heritage places to visit and never be lost for ideas for a great day out again!
Please note that this app will not run on Android phones with smaller screens (eg HTC Wildfire)
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Use the app to find, filter and favourite the right campsite for your needs.
Plus, Club members can get access to over 1,500 Certificated sites - the perfect travel companion!
●Filter your results by location, price and on-site facilities
●In-depth site information including photos, facilities, prices and booking options
●Interactive map showing ‘Sites nearby’.
●Made to be used both online and offline for flexibility on the move.
●Includes all Club, Forest and Certificated Sites*.
* Only Club members will be able to view Certificated Sites after unlocking these with their membership number on the first visit.
Sony Xperia users will need to install the ice cream sandwich update from Sony. You should have received a notification to do so on your phone.
For further help & advice please visit: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/appsupport
If you're still having problems please email us: SiteSeekerApp@thefriendlyclub.co.uk
** TO UNLOCK: Tap on the text 'membership number' type in your number and THEN click the unlock button **
** SYNCING: Please restart your device if you have problems syncing or building indexes.
Campsites have been awarded an AA rating by a professional AA inspector. Entries may include a detailed description, price information, images, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Caravan & Camping Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 850 recommended Caravan and Camping sites in England, Scotland and Wales
• AA graded campsites
• Filter options
• Price information
• Detailed descriptions
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Search by Campsite name
• Inspire Me
Find routes for walking, running and cycling with roads, footpaths and cycle trails clearly marked. Plan your route in advance using the route planning tools, or track your location using the integrated GPS. Discover Britain’s hidden treasures with historic monuments, mountain peaks and country pubs or just go for a ramble and use the map to discover more of the landscape.
OS MapFinder features
OS MapFinder is ideal for walking, running, cycling or any outdoor activity and includes:
• Free road maps down to street level
• OS Landranger and OS Explorer high-resolution maps available as in-app purchases in 100km2 tiles
• GPS tracking to show current location and direction of travel
• Plan routes on screen and save in app or as GPX file
• Route recording including route taken, time, distance and average speed
• Search for place names, points of interest, postcodes and grid references
• Works fully offline – no mobile or data connection required
Using OS MapFinder
• For walking and hiking – plan your route in advance with details of footpaths, open access areas and rights of way and check your location on the map as you progress
• For cycling and running - track your route, time and speed with the GPS logging functions, and see if you can improve on your best times
• For bird spotting, wildlife watching and photography - identify the best habitats or landscape features and find a route
• Also includes features for horse riding, kayaking, geocaching, fishing, tourists and geology.
Adding OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps
Your app includes road maps for England, Scotland, Wales and islands included in Great Britain. Our detailed OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale) and OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale) maps are also available as in-app purchases. Each map section is 100 km2. Go to ‘Buy Maps’, zoom in to the area you want and select the scale. Once purchased, you can download your maps to multiple Android devices on the same Google® account
A free sample map is included for the Exeter area so you can see the quality of the high resolution maps available. Current map tile prices are
OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale): £0.69
OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale): £1.99
Using OS MapFinder
There is a help area included in the app that will help you use the route planning and GPS tracking. It also includes a brief guide to map reading and navigation skills to help you make the most of the OS maps on your device.
Our customer support team can help with problems using OS MapFinder, whether that is planning a route, using GPS tracking or viewing maps on your phone or tablet.
Check the FAQs at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/mapfinder/mapfinder-android-faq.html, or contact us at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/contact/
App and Map sizes
The app is a large download as it is designed to be used even when you are offline, so it has to save the high resolution maps and search database to your device. Included in the app is overview mapping for all of Great Britain, plus the ability to search for towns, cities, postcodes and places of interest. Please ensure your device has sufficient free space and you are connected via WiFi before beginning the download.
Maps sections are around 60MB each. To save space you can remove unneeded map sections from your device, and then download them again for free when you next need them
We will occasionally update maps to reflect changes. To get an updated map, just remove and re-install the map section – the most recent version will be automatically downloaded.
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet. And now you can get it for free!
The only truly complete online and offline solution, which does not only make mobile navigation, but also global digital maps (including city maps) easier to use and more adaptable to your needs. No matter where or how you are on-the-go.
This is not some lightweight bait version. On the contrary: Scout is the ultimate all-in-one map and navigation solution. You get FOR FREE, what costs 50 bucks and more elsewhere.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
All of that and more FREE OF CHARGE.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
WikiCamps is a dynamic user generated Camping App for the United Kingdom.
What does this mean? It means all the sites are added, edited and shared by campers like yourself!
Wikicamps also works offline with the ability to download all site and user content, as well as a high quality offline map.
Making WikiCamps the fastest growing resource for locating Camp Sites, Caravan Parks, Backpacker Hostels, Dump Points, Information Centres, Day Stops and POIs. With over 4,500 sites already and growing every day.
And best of all, you will never have to pay for updates.
Each site has loads of information to help you plan your trip. From camping prices, activities including swimming, fishing, 4x4ing, pet rules, Wi-Fi hotspots, pricing, toilets, showers, and heaps more.
Add and view photos from other happy campers all around the UK. So you can see what the camp site is like before you go there.
Rate sites as you go and add them to your own personal favourites list.
With heaps of extra gadgets including at no extra cost:
* Camping Checklist
* Satellite dish pointer
* Chat Forum
* Home Clock
* High Quality Offline Map
Alternatively you can use Freepoint when on site, provided there is a WiFi or 3/4G Internet connection available, to obtain the results for any location in the UK. FreePoint gives reception predictions and the correct channels to use, for up to 3 TV transmitters in the area, from an on-line TV prediction site that is based on postcodes. Provided the phone or tablet has location services enabled the Locate Me function will get the postcode for your current position.
An optional small subscription will provide subscribers with updates to the database of Caravan, Camping and Caravan Clubs, Listed sites including Best of Britain and Premier Sites. Places where motor homes stop are also being added.
If you subscribe to the database updates then results obtained on site can be saved, together with favourite club sites, to a My Sites database. Additional type filters and a pop up menu allows saved sites to be renamed and deleted as required.
Freeview UK is designed for use in England, Scotland and Wales, but not all locations in the UK, particularly remote sites in Scotland, can receive digital terrestrial TV. The settings for the Astra 2 satellite service are provided so that Freesat can be tried instead.
Note that TV signals are affected by nearby obstacles and sources of interference, so no guarantee can be given or is implied, that the recommended settings will work 100% of the time. Even small changes in position can affect the signal quality and by its nature digital television tends to be 'all or nothing'. Three possible alignments are provided to give the best chance of success.
This version requires Android 4.0 or above and is suitable for using on phones or tablets.
The wide range of services on offer from RAC are now all easily accessible while you’re on the go, thanks to the new RAC app. So whether you’ve broken down and need to contact us from the side of the road, you’ve had an accident and you’re not sure what to do next, or you need a route to your destination, you can do it all from your tablet or smartphone wherever you are.
Key features include:
- Traffic news. View incidents, delays and roadworks for the whole of the UK. View the incidents on a map or in a list. You can zoom in on the map and zoom out to see traffic on major and minor routes in the UK. This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date data available in the UK and shows current incidents and expected delays.
- Route planner. Simply add in your starting point and destination and view a map of your journey and a separate directions tab. You can plan the journey by the shortest or quickest route. You can also view live traffic updates along the way.
- Broken down? Use the breakdown tab to contact the RAC if your car breaks down.
- Had an accident? If you’re unfortunate enough to be involved in a bump, you can use the accident care tab to call our accident care helpline and get all the help you need.
- RAC Cars. This has its own tab to help you search for a new or used car, meaning that you can put those unexpectedly free 5 minutes to good use.
- Insurance. In just a few easy steps, you can get a quote and make great savings on anything from car and home to travel and pet insurance.
- Member Benefits. Keep up to date with the latest member offers from RAC.
- Membership details. Store all your details, including membership number, safely so you have it with you if you need it.
With Park4night find and share the places you liked to relax, spend the night, have a picnic or clear your head.
Uncover the hidden places, close to nature that gave you a feeling of freedom. Forests, beautiful views, parks, creeks, beaches, ...
Inform the community of possible activities around (Windsurf / Kitesurf, Biking, Hiking) ...
If you have suggestions, ideas, please let us know:
- Post a comment.
- Contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ideas for future versions:
- All good ideas from users.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Inspire Me
- Campsite overview with Google Maps, Mapquest OSM or OpenCycleMaps (online)
- Campsite overview with Mapsforge OSM (offline)
- Campsite category (Camping Cheque, Camping Card, Best Deal, Other Campsites)
- Phone number (direct call from App possible)
- Selection of naturist campsites
- Selection of campsites near Highway
- Selection of small campsites
- Search for campsites by name
- Search for any location on earth by name
- Maintain list of favourite campsites
- List nearby campsites
- Show distance and bearing in campsite lists
- Show altitude at any place by long press on map
- Integrated Google campsite search
- Route planning to a campsite with Navigon, Google Maps or Sygic
- Opening period for many campsites
- Create your own POIs
Keywords: campground, campgrounds, camp, tent, rv, camper, navigon, sygic, camper, campsite, pitch, camping guide, waypoint, POI, touring
The Historic Houses Association (HHA) represents hundreds of privately-owned properties: from ancient castles and opulent palaces to quirky medieval manor houses or elegant Elizabethan mansions. Most have glorious gardens for you to enjoy and many have wonderful restaurants or tea rooms to refresh you after a few hours exploring. Others have even more to offer, from adventure playgrounds and galleries to mini railways and safari parks!
Features of the App include:
• Find a property near you or search the map to plan your trip. Details include photo, description, address, contact details and opening times
• Find out about all the latest events
• Save properties and events to your favourites so you can quickly go back to them
• Browse a gallery of stunning images to inspire you and find out about each property
• Share images and property details with your friends
• Find out about the HHA, read some facts and figures, or become a Friend and visit hundreds of houses and gardens free
Britain’s heritage is here for you to enjoy!
This app allows you to search for sites, book them, call them up and navigate directly to them. Whilst searching for your site, you can also check out video reviews, and read reviews that others have written and what to do in the local area (not all sites support this).
You can find sites on the following networks:
Camping And Caravanning Club
You can also start other handy apps from this one, and a small selection of YouTube videos are included for people who are just starting out caravanning.
Feel free to leave feedback.
I hope you enjoy using this app.