Simple and intuitive to use, the app allows you to search for places to visit in a number of ways. Use the near me map or list to find out what’s around your current location, or our unique Day Out finder wheel which suggests places based on your selected region or county as well as any specific needs like somewhere that’s great for the kids, or something coastal, or that allows dogs.
Other useful features include:
• Events at places to visit
• Don’t miss tips for when you arrive
• Times, prices, directions and more
• Picture galleries
• Favourites - build your own list
• Share with your friends
• Scalable maps
A great app for anyone on the move or planning a trip, you can explore all 400 English Heritage places to visit and never be lost for ideas for a great day out again!
Please note that this app will not run on Android phones with smaller screens (eg HTC Wildfire)
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Use the app to find, filter and favourite the right campsite for your needs.
Plus, Club members can get access to over 1,500 Certificated sites - the perfect travel companion!
●Filter your results by location, price and on-site facilities
●In-depth site information including photos, facilities, prices and booking options
●Interactive map showing ‘Sites nearby’.
●Made to be used both online and offline for flexibility on the move.
●Includes all Club, Forest and Certificated Sites*.
* Only Club members will be able to view Certificated Sites after unlocking these with their membership number on the first visit.
Sony Xperia users will need to install the ice cream sandwich update from Sony. You should have received a notification to do so on your phone.
For further help & advice please visit: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/appsupport
If you're still having problems please email us: SiteSeekerApp@thefriendlyclub.co.uk
** TO UNLOCK: Tap on the text 'membership number' type in your number and THEN click the unlock button **
** SYNCING: Please restart your device if you have problems syncing or building indexes.
This app allows you to search for sites, book them, call them up and navigate directly to them. Whilst searching for your site, you can also check out video reviews, and read reviews that others have written and what to do in the local area (not all sites support this).
You can find sites on the following networks:
Camping And Caravanning Club
You can also start other handy apps from this one, and a small selection of YouTube videos are included for people who are just starting out caravanning.
Feel free to leave feedback.
I hope you enjoy using this app.
Campsites have been awarded an AA rating by a professional AA inspector. Entries may include a detailed description, price information, images, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Caravan & Camping Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 850 recommended Caravan and Camping sites in England, Scotland and Wales
• AA graded campsites
• Filter options
• Price information
• Detailed descriptions
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Search by Campsite name
• Inspire Me
Intuitive and easy to use, the Historic Scotland app allows you to search by region or interest, with best for categories such as ‘families’, ‘gardens’, ‘picnics’ and ‘military history’ to choose from. You can also view all attractions on an interactive map of Scotland.
Not sure where you want to go? The app includes event information, articles and itinerary features, with new content added regularly to provide a source of inspiration. A view of Historic Scotland on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram gives you the latest ‘social buzz’ all in one place.
• What’s near me? Find attractions within a 50km radius of your current location
• Search by region or ‘best for’ category
• Image galleries
• Interactive map view
• Pricing, opening times and facilities information
• Events search
• Location and travel information
• ‘Inspire Me’ – find ideas on where to visit with the latest features and itineraries
To make your rental experience even better, the National app has these features:
• Make, modify and cancel reservations.
• Find and map pickup and drop-off locations.
• See specials and deals that can be booked right from the app.
• Access roadside assistance and customer service.
Become an Emerald Club® member and get even more powerful app features and benefits:
• Track your past, current and future itineraries.
• Monitor and redeem your Free Rental Days.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile.
Travel with the new National app and put speed and choice in the palm of your hand. It’s available for download today!
WikiCamps is a dynamic user generated Camping App for the United Kingdom.
What does this mean? It means all the sites are added, edited and shared by campers like yourself!
Wikicamps also works offline with the ability to download all site and user content, as well as a high quality offline map.
Making WikiCamps the fastest growing resource for locating Camp Sites, Caravan Parks, Backpacker Hostels, Dump Points, Information Centres, Day Stops and POIs. With over 4,500 sites already and growing every day.
And best of all, you will never have to pay for updates.
Each site has loads of information to help you plan your trip. From camping prices, activities including swimming, fishing, 4x4ing, pet rules, Wi-Fi hotspots, pricing, toilets, showers, and heaps more.
Add and view photos from other happy campers all around the UK. So you can see what the camp site is like before you go there.
Rate sites as you go and add them to your own personal favourites list.
With heaps of extra gadgets including at no extra cost:
* Camping Checklist
* Satellite dish pointer
* Chat Forum
* Home Clock
* High Quality Offline Map
Use it as your GPS navigator!
It's free and you don't need an internet connection to see the map!
Search addresses or points of interest.
Get routing to destination.
It includes a detailed list of points of interest for tourists, accommodation, parking, restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, theatres, auto services, shops, parks, schools, hospitals, sport areas.
The application has detailed maps of major cities in United Kingdom: London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast and others.
This application is based on Osmand project under the GNU GPLv3 license and uses high quality data from OSM.
With Park4night find and share the places you liked to relax, spend the night, have a picnic or clear your head.
Uncover the hidden places, close to nature that gave you a feeling of freedom. Forests, beautiful views, parks, creeks, beaches, ...
Inform the community of possible activities around (Windsurf / Kitesurf, Biking, Hiking) ...
If you have suggestions, ideas, please let us know:
- Post a comment.
- Contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ideas for future versions:
- All good ideas from users.
>> Always know the fastest route: TomTom Traffic gets you there faster
>> Get real-time traffic information: See exactly where delays start and end and how to avoid them
>> Quick access to your favorites: Immediately start driving to your favorite places
>> See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D: Know exactly where you are so you never miss a turn
>> Get alerts for safety cameras: Avoid speeding fines with accurate and timely speed warnings
>> Navigation you can rely on: No need for an internet connection to plan your route
Download TomTom GO Mobile and drive with the app for a fixed number of free miles every month. Upgrade to Unlimited Navigation to drive without miles restriction. Select from a one year or three year subscription, depending on your driving needs.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS
The previous TomTom Navigation app for Android is replaced by the new TomTom GO Mobile app. Buyers of the Navigation app can drive with the GO Mobile app for 3 years for only $0.99 (or equivalent price in your local currency). For more information see http://goo.gl/LWtw1w
- Lifetime World Maps: Always drive with the latest maps for over 100 countries**
- Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your smartphone. So you don't need an internet connection, or data roaming, to plan a new route or re-route.
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic: Always drive with real-time traffic information for the lifetime of your app*
- Lifetime Safety Cameras: Avoid speeding fines with accurate and timely speed warnings for the lifetime of your app*
- Points of Interest: From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs
- Navigate to Contacts: Never memorize an address again. Select a contact from your list and the app will plan your route.
- Quick search: Find your destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick search starts to find your destination as soon as you start typing.
- Tap and go: Tap on your favorite destination on the map, and you’re on your way
* Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services require a cell phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad.
** You can download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
TomTom reserves its right to unilaterally withdraw and/or to amend this offer and/or to amend the terms and conditions.
If you wish to get help or provide feedback please email email@example.com, we cannot support you on Google Play.
MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.
OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org
* intuitive voice navigation in different languages
* door to door route planning
* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
* overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen
GPS satellite navigation
* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
* day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving
* map rotates in driving direction, or north up
* find nearest points of interest
* full GB postcodes (1.8 million)
* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras
* add your own favourite locations and routes
* routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck
* route avoidance - block off certain road from your route
------------ OpenStreetMap data ------------
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom Postcode - Ordnance Survey
Antigua And Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
St Pierre And Miquelon
Turks And Caicos Islands
Trinidad And Tobago
United States of America
Wallis And Futuna
Democratic Republic Of Timor Leste
Union Of Myanmar
United Arab Emirates
Federated States Of Micronesia
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Of The Congo
Sao Tome And Principe
United Republic Of Tanzania
For improved mobility, take advantage of the different services offered by this application for smartphones and tablets:
- Locate your current position through geolocation and display interactive maps. Different plans and maps available : Michelin maps, lite maps and aerial maps.
- Quickly and accurately calculate routes in car, motorcycle, cycle or pedestrian mode from your current location, a specific address or a contact address and optimise your travel with :
• Display of multiple route options including journey times without traffic, estimated journey times based on current traffic levels, the distance for each route and the estimated distance and cost for each route (toll fees, vignette fees and fuel prices that can be personalised according to petrol prices and vehicle type).
• Display your route in either map or road map mode and feature all the key stages of your journey.
- Find an address
In addition, numerous options enabling you to display:
- Car parks, petrol stations AND real-time traffic
- Hotels and restaurants from the MICHELIN guides and tourist information from the MICHELIN Green Guides, as well as the ability to calculate your route with a single click !
- Whether it’s a business trip or holidays and travel, use the ViaMichelin application to travel with peace of mind. Day after day, we look for ways in which to improve mobility in order to bring you greater efficiency and fun. We work on your behalf with passion and enthusiasm.
ViaMichelin offers maps for across the world including Europe and, of course, the United Kingdom, with maps and plans for towns and cities: London map, Birmingham map, Manchester map, but also Liverpool, Bristol… Road and motorway traffic is also available for Europe and the UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol traffic…)
NB : You will need to authorise access to your contacts in order to directly complete data fields with contact addresses.
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Drive smartly with the MICHELIN application range
Discover a package of free, interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your trips
-Maintain your tyres and vehicle:
o MICHELIN MyCar: advice on checking and maintaining your vehicle
o MICHELIN Navigation: GPS, community road alerts and real-time traffic information
o ViaMichelin: mapping and route calculation
-Enjoy your travels:
o MICHELIN Hotels: real-time booking
o MICHELIN Restaurants: restaurant search and booking
o MICHELIN Travel: a wealth of information from the Green Guide
Any ideas for improving your application? Share your ideas by leaving a comment on the store or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your feedback which enables us to continually improve our travel products and services.
Automatically find your nearest bus stop using your phones geo-location
Search for other stops by street name, place of interest or postcode
Keep a list of your favourite stops
Rename your favourite stops
Get the latest service information via our twitter feed
Information about tickets available from our driver
Find routes for walking, running and cycling with roads, footpaths and cycle trails clearly marked. Plan your route in advance using the route planning tools, or track your location using the integrated GPS. Discover Britain’s hidden treasures with historic monuments, mountain peaks and country pubs or just go for a ramble and use the map to discover more of the landscape.
OS MapFinder features
OS MapFinder is ideal for walking, running, cycling or any outdoor activity and includes:
• Free road maps down to street level
• OS Landranger and OS Explorer high-resolution maps available as in-app purchases in 100km2 tiles
• GPS tracking to show current location and direction of travel
• Plan routes on screen and save in app or as GPX file
• Route recording including route taken, time, distance and average speed
• Search for place names, points of interest, postcodes and grid references
• Works fully offline – no mobile or data connection required
Using OS MapFinder
• For walking and hiking – plan your route in advance with details of footpaths, open access areas and rights of way and check your location on the map as you progress
• For cycling and running - track your route, time and speed with the GPS logging functions, and see if you can improve on your best times
• For bird spotting, wildlife watching and photography - identify the best habitats or landscape features and find a route
• Also includes features for horse riding, kayaking, geocaching, fishing, tourists and geology.
Adding OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps
Your app includes road maps for England, Scotland, Wales and islands included in Great Britain. Our detailed OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale) and OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale) maps are also available as in-app purchases. Each map section is 100 km2. Go to ‘Buy Maps’, zoom in to the area you want and select the scale. Once purchased, you can download your maps to multiple Android devices on the same Google® account
A free sample map is included for the Exeter area so you can see the quality of the high resolution maps available. Current map tile prices are
OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale): £0.69
OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale): £1.99
Using OS MapFinder
There is a help area included in the app that will help you use the route planning and GPS tracking. It also includes a brief guide to map reading and navigation skills to help you make the most of the OS maps on your device.
Our customer support team can help with problems using OS MapFinder, whether that is planning a route, using GPS tracking or viewing maps on your phone or tablet.
Check the FAQs at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/mapfinder/mapfinder-android-faq.html, or contact us at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/contact/
App and Map sizes
The app is a large download as it is designed to be used even when you are offline, so it has to save the high resolution maps and search database to your device. Included in the app is overview mapping for all of Great Britain, plus the ability to search for towns, cities, postcodes and places of interest. Please ensure your device has sufficient free space and you are connected via WiFi before beginning the download.
Maps sections are around 60MB each. To save space you can remove unneeded map sections from your device, and then download them again for free when you next need them
We will occasionally update maps to reflect changes. To get an updated map, just remove and re-install the map section – the most recent version will be automatically downloaded.