Know and discover what the skies of the Coquimbo Region with Univrso holds. Through the Virtual Reality, travel to the Tololo Observatory and look at the sky as if you were really there.
This educational application includes a simple interface where you can observe more than four thousand stars with their respective magnitudes and colors, which are observable one night in June at dawn from Cerro Pachón, Vicuña.
Some features of Univrso are:
- The menu is based on a Molle-Diaguita petroglyph that represents the fertility and observation of our native peoples.
- You can identify and interact with bright stars, constellations and planets, all visible in winter from the southern hemisphere.
- You can also activate and deactivate the visualization of the domes of the Cerro Tololo observatory for a more complete observation of the skies.
- Cell phone with support for Virtual Reality (gyroscope).
- Virtual Reality Lenses.
- Minimum version of Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
Univrso is a project that seeks to strengthen the Astroturismo of the Coquimbo Region through citizen training and a Virtual Reality application that simulates the skies of the star region. This project has contributions from the Innovation Fund for Regional Competitiveness FIC-R and is executed by the University of La Serena through Digital Campus.
Learn more at univrso.userena.digital