Filter by state or region, this app uses internet connection to bring publicly available radio streams directly to your phone.
App merely sorts streams by area so that you can listen to public streams of official broadcasts.
Next updates will add more territories and cities, but in this version, these states are available: Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Marianas Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Keywords: police scanner, police radio, radio scanner, internet radio, live streaming, police radio scanner, nypd, lapd, fdny
- "Hit me back."
- "On my way!"
- "Lunch time." (to coworker)
- "Nurse!" (after a tonsillectomy)
- "Where's my money!?"
- "Pick up dinner."
- "We're being robbed!" (from a bank)
- "Working late again." (to spouse)
ActiveEMS is a portable viewer for the Phoenix Fire Department's Active Incidents web page. The application will also notify you in real time of major incidents such as structure fires, serious MVA's, shootings, drownings, mountain rescues and more.
* Displays all active incidents as listed on the Phoenix Fire Department's website. Coverage includes the cities of Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Buckeye, Tolleson, Litchfield Park, Goodyear and more. Also will display mutual aid responses with Mesa and Rural/Metro Fire Departments.
* Runs in the background and notifies you of major calls and highlights them in red in the incident list as they come in. (Click Menu>Exit to stop the background service from running)
* Google Maps integration allows you to view the location of most calls with a long-click on any device with Google Maps installed.
* Displays the channel, nature, location and units responding.
* Option to keep phone "awake" to allow you to sit back and monitor new incidents and updates as they come in. (Default is off to save battery life).
*NEW! Where available, the ADOT camera can now be viewed if near the scene of an active incident. If ADOT view is available, you will be prompted to select it if you long-click the incident. A camera icon will also let you know there's a camera view available. Great for traffic reporters or commuters!
ActiveEMS is perfect for news journalists, traffic reporters, firebuffs, scanner enthusiasts or just about anyone who wants to keep informed of active fire department incidents in the Valley of the Sun.
** Disclaimer **
This application is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Phoenix Fire Department. All address information has been "sanitized" for public viewing by the Phoenix Fire Department and not all active calls are displayed. For more information and to view the source of the data displayed by this app, please visit the Phoenix Fire Department's Official Website at https://htms.phoenix.gov/publicweb/
**Please contact me with any problems or questions before giving a low rating. I am committed to your complete satisifaction with your purchase and I thank you for your support.**
Versions of ActiveEMS for Dallas, Houston, Seattle and others coming soon!
- IT professionals
- Anyone wanting to customize text alerts from a certain sender
- Do you participate in an on call rotation where you get your pages via a text message? Hospital or IT professional?
- Need persistent reminders until you acknowledge the text from a certain someone or group?
- Need better control over sound alerts for text alerts?
- Need to silence alerts from a certain someone, area code, or email domain?
- Have a girlfriend or spouse that you can't afford to miss a text from?
- Get text messages from your children that you cannot miss?
**Please test the free version first (OnCall Pager & Text Alerter) so that you know the features work fine with your phone and service provider
- Pro version has several additional key features over the free version, to turn your phone into an ultra custom pager!
- Speak option - speaks out "New text Message" and says the sender if it can match it to one of the Contact phone # or email in your phone
- Specify the # of 'rings' for incoming text from default senders
- Specify the # of 'rings' for incoming text from a CustomContact match
- Specify a unique sound for incoming text from default senders
- Specify a unique sound for incoming text from texts that match a check
- Subject line MMS keyword exclusion(s), so you can ignore false alerts
- Subject line match 'AfterHours' so you don't get sound alerts for keywords after hours
- Message body keyword match actions based on text message content
- Specify the Reminder interval for CustomContact match
- Ringer Profile override option for message match
- Get to support the Developer!
- Works on KitKat
- Very light-weight application, tiny install
- Simple easy to user interface
- Supports SMS & MMS types of text messages, including MMS via email
- Reminder feature (persistent) for a keyword match for multiple senders
- Works great for scenarios where sender has different numbers each time (If your work for example sends texts from different numbers, but all begin with 712######, then just enter 712 as search string in ContactMatch to get a match
- Can enter search string to distinguish sender(s) (Contact # or email), then apply rules against (either email if coming via email, or phone # if coming via phone). Since it's a search string you can use just a partial # such as an area code, or domain name from email, etc (Could set to get persistent reminders for all email MMS texts sent from your work, for example).
- CustomContacts show a red Notification icon, while all other texts show a green icon
- Select actions for text from custom sender: Ignore only this sender, Only alert for this sender, Alert for everyone
- Spam filter option - prevent alerts for numbers with 6 digits or less
- Select custom sounds
- In-app volume control seperate from other system volumes
- Vibrate option
- Notification LED: blinks green for default senders, red for a match
- Many other options
- Every phone and carrier is different, so make sure to test first!
- Disclaimer: Developer is NOT responsible for any missed texts!
- Within App, go into Menu Options to get Help or App info including versioning
- If you are having trouble with getting CustomContact to work, open a text from the sender you want to apply the rule to, select their message to get to message details or try to long press their actual message & click Details (differs on each phone). In there you should see the raw "From:" field. This is the field the app uses to search against for the CustomContact. Should be either a phone number or an email address.
- If you still can't figure it out, please send the Developer an email, along with the Logs (Menu Options->Email Logs to Developer)
Keywords: OnCall On-call On Call Pager Hospital IT Doctor
Only SMS messages are supported at this time.
MMS messages are NOT supported.
A1 Pager (Lite) is absolutely free. It lets you send pages to users on the supported pager networks by entering the pager number and your message. Use this free version to test whether A1 Pager works with your pager carrier before purchasing the professional version.
***A1 Pager (Pro), available in Google Play, syncs with your contacts, log your sent messages, and it will have a replay button that allows you to send the same page to multiple people.
A1 Pager supports the following major pager networks:
Midwest Paging (Uses a 7 digit number)
USA Mobility (formerly Arch Wireless and Metrocall)
A1 Pager cannot guarantee the delivery of pages being sent from mobile devices. It should not be used in an emergency where failure of delivery will cause potential harm or financial loss.
A1 Pager allows you to enter alphanumeric pages of up to 499 characters but the true limitation is based upon the number of characters the pager can receive. Numeric pages MAY work but be aware the message should be significantly shorter. This application is NOT specifically designed to transmit numeric pages.
You do not need telephony service to send pages but you must have an internet connection and be connected in order to send them using A1 Pager.
More from developer
Be the first to know about fires, accidents, and police activity in your area. Users are notified of emergency incidents in their area as they occur.
*Incidents are plotted on a map with the option to display navigation to the incident scene.
*Users can submit and view related media directly from their device.
*Customize your notification type and coverage area using an online web-based tool.
*Currently covering the following states:
District of Columbia
BNN is looking for correspondents in these and all other states. If you monitor police/fire scanners and are interested in participating, visit www.breakingnewsnetwork.com/reporter.html
Subscribe to Breaking News Network using the link on the application log-in screen, or call toll-free 855-855-2266.