- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
Interested in women’s rights? Civil rights? Voting rights? Who won the latest election? Who are your elected officials and how do their votes reflect your opinions? iCitizen allows users to get informed quickly on the issues they choose, join like-minded others, and influence their elected representatives—and all from the palm of their hand.
Our goal is citizen engagement – giving U.S. citizens the opportunity to build their own “political DNA,” access important and constantly updated information on relevant news and legislation, and vote in polls related to today's political issues. And from the president all the way down to your local state representatives, it has never been easier to track what your federal and state officials are doing and how it will affect you. Once you know, tell them how you feel about it! Not only does iCitizen deliver user opinions on polls and legislation directly to your officials, but it will give you all available contact information for every representative nationwide.
“Regardless of your party affiliation, iCitizen provides comprehensive and fact-based political news and information you can trust,” says Duncan Dashiff, chairman of iCitizen. “It’s an election app and a ‘between elections’ app – so you can help your federal and state representatives steer the direction of our politics and our democracy.”
Track your issues. Track your representatives. Make your voice count. It’s that simple. So join us today and help us change politics forever!
- Aggregated, up-to-date news feed featuring only the issues you want to follow, from budget to civil rights to economy to women’s rights and voting rights.
- Ability to view legislation and vote to support or oppose it.
- Daily polls where your vote is delivered directly to your legislators, including state and federal representatives.
- Ability to call, email, and interact on social media with elected officials within the app.
- Ability to rate your elected representatives.
- Ability to view elected officials’ voting records and campaign contributors.
Download our free app now! Stay informed on political news, issues and legislation that matter to you. Vote in the polls and make your voice count in politics and government – not just during elections but also between elections.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to contact us through http://www.icitizen.com/. We are always looking for new and better ways to provide you with the information on politics and government that you care about. We’re here to make your voice count.
CNN connects you to the world -- wherever you are.
The redesigned CNN App for Android has been rebuilt and redesigned for use on both your phone and tablet.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Share stories and videos and comment on top stories.
•Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
•Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
•Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows live (as available, check with your cable, satellite or telecommunications provider).
•Contribute a story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their points of view.
•Access your local weather information, including current and extended forecasts.
•Browse photo galleries related to today’s news.
•Sync your Samsung Galaxy Gear to your CNN app and receive breaking news and top stories on your wearable device (available on select Android phones).
The CNN App may ask your permission to access certain functions on your device such as location, network connection, camera and social media accounts. Doing so can enhance some features of your app such as weather forecasts, iReport submissions and ability to share stories with your social networks. The CNN App may also ask your permission for “phone calls” to allow you to call CNN regarding story ideas or general feedback. CNN respects your privacy and would never misuse your personal information.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at Android@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.
Hear the latest podcasts from Alex Jones, Max Keiser, Ron Paul, Democracy Now, The Young Turks, The Corbett Report, Scott Horton, Richard Syrett, Conspiracy Queries, Red Ice Radio and The Unexplained with Howard Hughes and news feeds from Max Keiser, RT, Wikileaks, InfoWars, Craig Murray, Prison Planet, David Icke, 9/11 Truth and AlterNet.org plus video from Abby Martin, Max Keiser, Alex Jones, Lee Camp and more.
All sources are constantly updated and free.
Truthseeker has no political agenda.
Truthseeker just gives you access to the news behind the news and let's you make up your own mind.
◎ 新聞直播 - 免費任睇24小時now新聞台/ now直播台
◎ 即時新聞 - 一App睇盡新聞、娛樂、生活、財經、體育等最新消息
◎ fb新聞 - 嶄新「fb新聞」功能，讓你掌握社交媒體最熱議題
◎ 熱門新聞 - 緊貼城中熱話為你蒐集Top100熱門新聞
◎ 事件追蹤 - 獨特貼心功能助你將新聞由頭跟到尾
◎ 新聞提示 - 第一手重要新聞資訊主動推送到你的手機
如對now 新聞 App 有任何意見，歡迎電郵至：firstname.lastname@example.org
A：now 新聞 App並非以收費模式運作，而且亦沒有要求閣下登記個人資料。所有用戶可完全免費使用。
A：now 新聞 App的開發正不斷進行中，iPad版亦在考慮之列。其實現時閣下已可利用iPad於以下連結以優質畫面，免費觀看 now 新聞台直播，希望能滿足到你的需要：http://news.now.com/home/live
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
The completely redesigned NBC News app can be used on both your phone and tablet. Here are a few highlights:
• Faster and more visual than ever before
• Stories download automatically so you can keep reading when you’re offline
• Even more videos, slideshows and articles now available
• Unique split screen plays video while you read stories
Our live, continuous coverage gives you all the news you want, and now it’s easier than ever to share the stories that matter most to you.
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
*Photo Credit for Audie Cornish: Eli Meir Kaplan*
It's like Democracy Now but with much more swearing.
Become a member at http://wearecitizenradio.com to support this podcast and keep it ad-free.
They have interviewed such distinct intellectuals, bands, and comics such as Noam Chomsky, Ralph Nader, Tariq Ali, Howard Zinn, Matt Taibbi, Jeremy Scahill, The Thermals, Robin Williams, Matt Besser, Janeane Garofalo, Johann Hari, Melissa Harris-Lacewell and more. They have also been the recipient of batshit crazy threatening letters by the hate group God Hates Fags. Good stuff.
“Jamie Kilstein and Allison Kilkenny have created an important political radio show that balances humor and unreported news. At a time when media conglomerates dominate the airwaves, independent media like Citizen Radio is vital to national discourse” - Noam Chomsky
“Jamie reminds me of why I got into comedy. It’s like watching a combination of George Carlin and Bill Hicks ” - Janeane Garofalo
“Allison Kilkenny’s writing makes me want to vomit” - G. Gordon Liddy, Convicted Watergate criminal
“In a corporate media that cares more about Carrie Prejean than preemptive war, Citizen Radio covers the issues that really matter” - Lizz Winstead, Co- creator of The Daily Show
For advanced features please install AntennaPod https://bit.ly/Zfudz5 and your podcast subscriptions will be automatically imported.
Find more comedy by Jamie Kilstein on Google Play https://bit.ly/YsL0Pc
Pre-order #Newsfail on Google Play https://bit.ly/1uhultd
This software is free and open source: https://github.com/CoderCoop/AntennaPodSP/tree/citizenradio
NPR's Science Friday®, with Ira Flatow. Tasty bytes - audio and video - of lively and thoughtful ideas with the experts, from Oliver Sacks to Jane Goodall, Francis Collins to Isabella Rossellini.
* A new top navigation for swiping quickly across popular sections
* Customize which sections will be in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance including speed and stability
* Redesigned daily notification featuring the Morning Briefing
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
* Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking News Alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Twilight Mode: darken your screen for more comfortable reading in low light
* Collapsible top navigation: see more of your screen as you scroll through the sections
* Save NYT articles across platforms to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
* Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
Download the NYTimes app for Android FREE today and subscribe to receive your first 14-days at no cost*. All users can access up to 10 free news articles per month, from any section: national news, world news, business, the arts, technology, style, sports, food, travel, opinion and more.
The New York Times app also includes our International edition, The International New York Times, with breaking news, world news, current events and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the globe.
For unlimited access to the NYTimes app for Android, subscribe now and get your first 14-days at no cost via Google Play*. Subscriptions are $14.99/month (Smartphone + Web), $19.99/month (Tablet + Web) and $34.99/month (All Digital Access which includes tablet and smartphone apps). All subscriptions auto-renew.
The NYT app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4” phones to 12”+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (4.1+), including Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, HTC One and beyond.
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Here's a little bit about what each one does:
* In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
* Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
* WiFi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available WiFi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted WiFi networks or if WiFi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
* Device ID & call information: These settings turn phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include access to the print newspaper. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and local pricing is available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
Our goal is to bring important news and information to the public.
This app brings you full expirience of browsing original Wikileaks documents, share articles with friends, read recent tweets.
50% of raised money will be sent to Wikileaks Defence Fund.
Support Open Media!
- With Fox News Go, 24/7 live Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network anytime, anywhere*
- View streaming coverage of live events and exclusive programming available only online
- Browse the latest headlines while watching Fox News live coverage and clips on demand
- Adjust the player size to you preference – go full screen by flipping your phone into landscape or shrink it down to audio only. Watch it your way
Breaking News & Alerts
- Subscribe to Fox News Alerts to follow breaking news as it happens
- Keep an eye on the Breaking News Hub to stay up to date on a story as it unfolds
Enhanced News Format
- Articles now offer related content – view videos, slideshows, and lists for the news that matters to you
- View the latest videos from the #1 cable news shows and anchors on Fox News Channel
- Connect with your favorite shows and news personalities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more directly from the app
- The Fox News 2.0 app is available for 4.0 and up
- Saved articles and weather preferences will not transfer to version 2.0
- Users will need to re-enter credentials for their cable, satellite, and telco providers to watch Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live
- Fox News Radio has been removed from the app, download the Fox News Radio app on the Google Play to listen live
* An authorized pay TV subscription is required in order to watch live FOX News Channel and FOX Business Network.
Whether you like Wal-mart or not, you can gain insights into how he successful ran the largest company in the world, Which is now #1 on Fortune 500's list.
This application is ad free!
App Features ;
status bar notification on new podcasts[enabled by default, can be turned off in settings]
ability to tweet or post the chosen podcast to facebook
ability to download[save] the chosen podcast [to sd card]
In addition to the above, there is a second tab which conatins links to the Gentlemans Drunk online presences:
link to email, gentleman drunk's website,facebook page, twitter page, google+ page and the ability to donate to the drunks via paypal
Pause on incoming phone call
Also, here is the source code https://github.com/charleswolfe/GentDrunk
+Supports posting results to your Facebook wall
+share results via SMS, email, ect