Serenity for Android is a client for Emby and Plex Media Servers 0.8 - 1.0. If using plex, do not enable multiuser / plex pass support on your server. See FAQ for frequently asked questions regarding Plex.
Serenity provides an optimized layout for Android TV, and navigation using a remote control, gamepad, or keyboard. Serenity lets you access videos on your server. You can use the internal video player or external players are supported if the videos do not play on your device with the internal player. Transcoding is supported for both media servers if your device can not directly play the content. External player support for MX Player is provided.
As of version 2.0.0 Serenity only supports TV devices. Older versions are no longer supported for phones or tablets. An Emby Media Server is recommended for the best experience not all versions of Plex will work.
You must have an emby or plex media server installed locally to use Serenity. If you have both you can choose between them.
Only unsecure login is supported for Emby. Plex Media Server requires you not to have Plex Pass. If you need this, then use the official Plex App. No Emby Premier features are supported (including Live TV).
Multiple users are supported for Emby Media Server.
No limitations on the number of videos you can play, app is fully functional.
Users should review the FAQ if you are using cloud servers instead of local servers.
Support and FAQs:
What is supported:
* Server discovery and configuration.
* Optimized layout for TV screens
* All screens remote, game controller, and D-PAD optimized.
* Movie and TV Show libraries
* Internal or external video player support. Enhanced support for some popular players is provided.
* Update viewing position when using external player
* User configurable layout preferences and starting categories
* Multiple Layouts (Grid View and Detail View)
* Content filtering via categories
* App localization for English, Spanish, and French.
What is not supported:
* Subtitles (coming soon)
* Most phones and tablets no longer supported as of version 2.0.0
* Photo Libraries
* Cloud services