How do you find a word in the dictionary if you do not know the first 2-3 letters it starts with?
Enter the letters exactly how it SOUNDS to you using Spanish or English letters. Type in 2-3 letters in Spanish or English for the word you wish to find. Add more letters to narrow your search. Set your device to Spanish to see Spanish descriptions.
Locate your word using Spanish spellings such as:
• ais or aiz = ice / eye(s).
• llaquet or yaket or yaquet or llaket = jacket
• leit = late
Very brief definitions in English are to help you quickly understand the meaning of the word.
Homophones are listed along with each word that sounds or is spelled similar. Example:
* they're / their / there
* emigrant / immigrant
* medal / metal / meddle / mettle / middle
This dictionary interprets your word from Spanish into English as it sound to you “phonetically”. Example:
* jump = llomp or yomp or iomp
* jubilee = llubili or yubili or jiubili
* gentle = llental or yental
* ice / eye(s) = ais or aiz
* jacket = llaquet or yaket or yaquet or llaket
* late = leit
Suffixes and their root word are shown in the with all suffix endings spelled out. Example:
* 'mad' = madder, maddest, madden, maddening, maddeningly, madly, madness
List of prefixes and their definition. Examples:
* satisfied = dis (for dissatisfied) / un (for unsatisfied)
Phonetic spelling also includes Japanese vowel sounds, suitable for Japanese ESL
This dictionary satisfies Common Core and COPPA standards.
No internet connection required.
No data will be collected.
Proper nouns will only be listed if they sound or are spelled similar to a non-capitalized word.
* PLEASE NOTE: This app requires ANDROID 2.1.0 or higher. If your ANDROID OS System is older than version 2.1.0, this app will NOT open!
This app will receive constant updates resultant of user feedback. Please submit your requests for changes, additional misspellings, questions, problems to our support team because only the best spell checking app will do!
Author: Diane Frank