The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
Explore the night sky with your Android! Search for stars, planets and constellations. Useful compass/object finder, night, live (accelerometer) mode and 'quick view' function - simply point the phone at the heavens and PlanetariaX will show you what you're looking at!
- View the sky from where you're at, or enter your location
- View the sky from any date or time in history
- Various display options
- Uses device sensors to draw the sky in 'live' mode
- Point your phone at the stars and 'quick view' will do the rest
- Improved time functionality
- Improved positional accuracy
- Numerous bug fixes
- Improved UI and menus
- Night Mode
Keywords: stargazing, astronomy, planetarium, stars, constellations, universe, galaxy, solar system
Keywords: astronomy, planetarium, planets, stars, wikitude
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
Satellite Tracking Is Back and Faster!
New Satellite category database soon!
see http://www.n2yo.com/satellites/ for list of the new extra beta category, check back in the next few days fore.
Sky Map turns your Android-powered device into a window on the night sky.
The Plus adds the new ability to track any near earth objects with a NORAD Id in real time. Follow satellites, the international space station, and more!
Sat Locks My take up to 1-2 minutes over cell networks!
You can get predictions for Iridium Flares for the next 7 days. Think shooting star like flares.
Based on code Open sourced and donated by Google.
Tracking data is courtesy of www.n2yo.com
Anyone interested in helping? Fell free to email.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, NORAD, satellites
The Night Sky - Simply Magical
The Night Sky is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, constellation or even a satellite, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
(Please see http://www.iCandiApps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky_-_Licensing.html for licensing information.)
See "Developer's website" (linked from this page) for more information, including the full changelog. If you find bugs or have questions, please report by email, as there is no mechanism for us to respond to comments left as reviews. Thanks!
Comet Monitor comes with two databases. "Selected JPL" is a selection of popular imaged comets using elements from JPL, while "Observable MPC" is the elements database of observable comets by the Minor Planet Center (MPC) without image icons. If you wish to have an imaged comet transferred to the "Selected JPL" database, please send the author an email with your comet icon (128 x 128) photo.
The development of this software has been inspired by the approach of comet C/2012 (ISON) which is expected to become a celestial spectacle as bright as the full moon. With Comet Monitor you can follow the development of this event and locate the comet on a star chart.
The orbital elements will be updated on regular basis and can be downloaded at any time. An update notification is not planned for privacy reasons, since this application does not send any data out of your device, but this would be necessary for checking your current database version. Internet Permission is required for database updates and download of Sky View images. Once downloaded images are saved and available offline and can be updated online any time.
GPS Permission is for those who prefer to set local coordinates via GPS. Coordinates can also be input manually without GPS.
The decimal accuracy of comet ephemerides is exaggerated in order to demonstrate how fast or slow things are changing. The computed data is in good agreement with NASA's Horizons data, however, not recommended for high precision astrometry.
The use of this software, designed for amateur astronomers, requires familiarity with astronomy and the use of your device. A Help page is bundled and accessible from the main menu.
This application operates in landscape mode only and requires presence of an external storage card. Of course best viewed with tablets.
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
If in doubt, please contact the developer by email for pre-sales questions.
Keywords: astronomy, comets, C/2012 S1, ISON, Panstarrs, Lovejoy, Lemmon, solar system
*Double-tap on the screen to toggle between a label-rich sky and a serene view of the stars alone.
*Your view smoothly rotates around horizon every 2 minutes
*Follow the moon through its phases, the planets through their monthly dance
Update: Added Scuba Diving Hand Signals and other minor corrections.
The sky view is updated every 4 minutes which is roughly equivalent to a sky motion of 1 degree.
This application will fade out shortly, i.e. no new functions will be added, but bug fixes will be made.
All functions of Planisphere are now included in "Solunar".
If you own a tablet, please also consider the applications "Solunaero" or "AsteriaCoeli" or "Sky Atlas for Tablets", all of which include a planisphere.
- Stars plotted in spectral colors
- Stars up to magnitude 5
- Constellation lines
- Positions of sun and moon
- Positions of the planets
- Solar system ephemerides
- Night and daytime view modes
- Sidereal time display
- Sun rise and set times
- Twilight times, daylight durtion
- Moon rise and set times
- Moon phase image
- Time inc/dec in 30 min intervals
- Save planisphere image to microSD
- Day/night terminator map, plus 3D Earth globe
- Relative positions of Sun-Earth-Moon trio
- GPS-enabled or manual input
- No internet connection required
- Runs in full-screen portrait mode
- Clean, intuitive interface, thus simple operation
- Help in Menu/Settings
Keywords: astronomy, planisphere, sun, moon, earth, moon calendar, moon phase, twilight
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
1. This application is designed for phones and is tested only with a 10inch tablet.
2. Please be so kind as to send a report preferably with screen snap should you encounter any layout issues.
3. This application requires Android 2.2 or higher and a display which is to the Android standard.
4. This application operates in portrait mode only.
5. Please contact the author, if you have any pre-sales questions.
Augmented reality (AR) view: See the positions of planets or comets live on a camera image and search your selected object with your phone!
Since version 3.0 Planetdroid comes with a visibility diagram. You see the elevation above the horizon of your selected body (white line) of the current nicht and the elevation of the sun (dark yellow line), as well as the twilight times. The horizontal black line ist the horizon, the vertical red line your selected time.
Since version 3.3 it is possible to save locations offline. The file containing the locations is sdcard/.com.strickling/location.txt. It can be edited with any test editor. To start the editor, simply click menu in the location selection form.
Download elements for asteroids and comets from the internet.
Supports GPS localization.
Calculates (select or deselect different items in the menu):
- time of rise, culmination, set,
- azimut of rise and set
- equatorial right ascension and declination
- ecliptical coordinates and distance
- azimut an elevation
- equation of time, true local time, sidereal time
- diameter, brightness, central meridian, position angle of the axis
- for comets and asteroids: motion velocity and direction
- Civil, nautical and astronomic twilight
- begin of the seasons, lunar phases, and lunar age
- times of opposition, conjunction and greates elongation for planets.
- time of perihelion for comets
On some devices without front camera Google Play Store will indicate, that Planetdroid is not compatible with your device. The front camera is needed for the augmented reality screen. If you like to install Planetdroid without using augmented reality, please install it from my website: http://www.strickling.net/android_engl.htm#PlanetDroid
Thanks to Mark Huss for his AstroLib containing the VSOP-routines and to the translators Nenad Trajkovic (Serbian), Alfredo Caronia (Italian), IDris a.k.a. MANsur, Ghost-Unit (Russian), Sizhuang Liu (Chinese), M. César Rodríguez (Spanish) and Osama Al Shammari (Arabic).
- Hardware controls: Camera. Required for AR. May cause compatibility refusal for devices without front camera. Try installation from my website!
- Exact location: For site-specific calculations eg. rising and setting times.
- Internet Access: Online access to asteroid and comet orbital databases and online selection of an observation site.
- SD card access: Storing orbital elements data, settings and location coordinates for offline search.
More translators are welcome! If you like this app and prefer using it in your language, contact me! Translation is very easy.
Frequent users are asked to purchase the Planetdroid donation version to share the Android market fees.
Bugs or problems found? Please send error report for error loclisation and removal or send an email instead of giving bad ratings!
Key words: sun, moon, planet, planets, solar system, coordinates, position, physical ephemeris, planetoid, planetoids, asteroid, asteroids, comet, comets, ephemeris, sky, astronomy, observation, rise, set, culmination, azimuth, azimut, elevation, coordinates, position, physical ephemeris, conjunction, opposition, elongation, Augmented Reality, AR, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptun, Pluto, Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta, droit, planetdroit, planet-droid, planetandroid, Planet droid
If you are an advanced user or would like to support the development of SkEye, please consider purchasing this version.
This version has:
• Support for Comets.
• The complete NGC, IC catalog with a powerful object filter
• Satellite tracking
(Note that the updating of TLE data is still under development)
• All stars upto mag 10 are rendered.
Send an email to email@example.com
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space, Planets
A Fun Rewarding Hobby For Everyone
No matter what age, we will always be amazed at the vastness and mysteries presented by the universe. While we await the technology that will be able to bring people like you and me to see the planets and stars up close, looking at them through the eye of a telescope will have to suffice for now.
Here's what You can learn:
History of the Telescope
New Developments in Telescopes
How to Use a Telescope
Current Astronomy News for the Sky and Telescope
Hubble Space Telescope
History of Hubble Space Telescope
Facts about the Hubble Space Telescope
When Was the Hubble Telescope Launched Into Space
The Next Generation Space Telescope
Galileo’s First Telescope
Amateur Telescope Making
How to Make a Telescope
How to Buy a Telescope
Coronado Telescope Review
Celestron CPC 800 telescope review
Telescope Review of LX200R
Tasco 48t telescope
Hubble Telescope Photos
Space Telescope Photos
Pictures of the Spitzer Space Telescope
Tasco Telescope Accessories
Celestron Nexstar 80 Telescope Accessories
Telescope Outdoor Furniture
Homemade Telescope Roof Mount
Meade Telescope Accessories
Telescopes for Kids
Kid’s Toy Telescope
More from developer
* Shows satellites, planets, stars, and constellations.
- solar system computations using white paper by Paul Schlyter
- satellite TLE data from NORAD feed at celestrak.com
- uses sgp4 c++ port
* Sky View mode ( planetarium sky map view )
- tag satellite flyby by touching a satellite as it goes overhead
- tag planets, stars, and constellations by just tapping on them while in the view
- share tagged objects with friends on your Facebook feed
* Earth View mode ( view earth from space )
- shows "you are here" marker with proper orientation for what your device is pointed at
- day / night shading
- satellite viewing bands indicate when satellites are visible in your sky
* Choose from:
- Brightest satellites
- Favorite satellites
- Amateur radio satellites
- Iridium constellation satellites
* Displays paths of satellite fly-overs
* Uses location services to determine your global position
* Uses NTP ping for accurate time
* Night Mode to reduce eye shock
* Facebook integration:
- publish the satellites you've spotted
- update your favorites list at http://home.xyzw.us/star3map/user.php
* Updates data when network connection is available
* Uses cached copy when away from network
If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond quickly and provide an update if there is a bug in the software.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, sky map, star chart, star map, satellite tracker, night mode, satellite finder, NASA, NORAD, TLE, Celestrak, dragon c2+, spacex