The Night Sky - Simply Magical
The Night Sky is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, constellation or even a satellite, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
(Please see http://www.iCandiApps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky_-_Licensing.html for licensing information.)
The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
See "Developer's website" (linked from this page) for more information, including the full changelog. If you find bugs or have questions, please report by email, as there is no mechanism for us to respond to comments left as reviews. Thanks!
Sky Objects turns your Android-powered device into a window on the night sky.
The Plus adds the new ability to track any near earth objects with a NORAD Id in real time. Follow satellites, the international space station, and more!
Sat Locks My take up to 1-2 minutes over cell networks!
You can get predictions for Iridium Flares for the next 7 days. Think shooting star like flares.
Based on code Open sourced and donated by Google.
Tracking data is courtesy of www.n2yo.com
Anyone interested in helping? Fell free to email.
One of Yahoo! News' Best Stargazing Apps.
"Beautifully presented and strangely compelling." - Greg, "...looks amazing, and provides excellent information" - Ravi, "Awesome live wallpaper!" - Troy, "Very cool app with good graphics and intuitive UI." - Seth
"This app ... will show you a moon calendar and what the moon phase was or will be for any date between 1900 & 2100. It also shows you tons of other location-based moon data and has some very pretty animations to get the info across. Recommend!" Appolicious - Best Moon Phase Android Apps
Astronomers - "Great App for all Astronomers and star gazers." - JB
Stargazers - "Know the best time to see the stars." - sylvan
Moon watchers - "... great for either moon watching or stargazing." - cameron
Outdoor enthusiasts - "A must have for the outdoorsman" - Andy
Photographers - "Absolutely great for … planning night photo excursions." - Ron
Geeks - "If you’re an astronerd this is the app for you!” - Nakeisha
▶ For any date/location, instantly shows phase, crescent angle, rise/set times, and nearest syzygies
▶ Change phase by touchscreen, trackball, or direct date entry
▶ 2 finger drag rotates the moon: see the far side!
▶ Calendar shows month's phases at a glance
▶ Data pane gives additional details: azimuth, altitude, distance, apogee, perigee, zenith, and more
▶ Choice of imagery: High definition or Maximum realism
▶ Share moon image/data via email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, ...
▶ Fully tablet-optimized
▶ Notifications for major phases
▶ Live wallpaper
▶ Multiple sizes of widget, most with optional moon info text
▶ Dynamic shadows of surface features (craters, mountains, etc. - Android 2.2+ only)
▶ Supports installation to SD card. HOWEVER: doing so will disable the widgets and live wallpaper! This is a "feature" of Android, and isn't something I can fix. See http://bit.ly/icwTHi.
If you are an advanced user or would like to support the development of SkEye, please consider purchasing this version.
This version has:
• Support for Comets.
• The complete NGC, IC catalog with a powerful object filter
• Satellite tracking
Note that TLE data is not automatically updated. I haven't added this mainly to avoid an extra permission: Internet access.
• All stars upto mag 10 are rendered.
Send an email to email@example.com
Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/skeye
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space, Planets
Realistic 3D space travel simulator and planetarium.
In this app you will find:
- All major planets and moons in the Solar System, with their accurate keplerian orbits:
* Earth and Moon
* Mars and its moons Phobos and Deimos
* Jupiter and its major moons: Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto
* Saturn and its major moons: Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion and Iapetus
* Uranus and its major moons: Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania and Oberon
* Neptune and Triton
- All dwarf planets and its major moons:
* Pluto and its moons:Charon, Nix and Hydra
* Haumea and its moons: Namaka and Hi'iaka
* Eris and its moon Dysnomia
- Asteroid field and Trojan asteroids
- Real space photographs for all celestial bodies in the Solar System
- All known extrasolar systems with exoplanets within 50 light years:
* Alpha Centauri
* Epsilon Eridani
* Tau Ceti
* Kapteyn's Star
* Gamma Cephei
* 47 Ursae Majoris
* 55 Cancri
* 54 Piscium
* 61 Virginis
* Upsilon Andromedae
* Nu2 Lupi
* HIP 57050, HIP 79431
* HD 20794, HD 85512, HD 102365, HD 69830, HD 40307, HD 147513, HD 176051, HD 38858
* Gliese 86, Gliese 176, Gliese 179, Gliese 317, Gliese 433, Gliese 436, Gliese 581, Gliese 649, Gliese 667, Gliese 674, Gliese 682, Gliese 785, Gliese 832, Gliese 849, Gliese 876, Gliese 1214
- Notable stars also present:
* Proxima Centauri
* Barnard's Star
* 61 Cygni
- Timeslider to accelerate/decelerate time. You'll also be able to run time backwards
- Realistic interplanetary orbits from any planet to any other planet and moon
- Realistic calculation of fuel requirements using Tsiolkovsky Rocket equation
- Interstellar travel!
- Relativistic effects of time dilation, length contraction and relativistic doppler shift during interstellar flights
- Free flight mode: command your spaceship with unlimited fuel and experience effects of gravity on your trajectories.
Please contact me if you have any complain or suggestion.
This app helps open oneself to the amazing history of astronomy by listing all the great events in chronological order.
Browse through all the events that has made history!
Note: Only the facts listed in first section are free. To unlock all sections you must purchase after downloading this app.
More than 4 million paying customers from 175 countries.
You can subscribe to more than 500 apps for learning and training via GoLearningBus.Com.
GoLearningBus brings you a simple, crisp and to-the-point app for "Learn Astronomy by GoLearningBus".
You have limited access to the content provided.
In guest mode you can access first chapter for free.
Login further to access second chapter of each app.
For full access to the content, please login and purchase this application.
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
3. Simple and easy quizzes for self-assessment.
This app provides a quick summary of Astronomy via easy to grasp snack sized chapters:
History of Astronomy,
Branches of Astronomy,
The Galaxy and Night Sky,
The Solar System,
Planets of the Solar System,
This app will access your personal information like first name, last name, and Email id.
For more details you may refer our privacy terms at http://golearningbus.com/tou.html.
Why GoLearningBus apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Enjoyable, Entertaining and Exciting apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
★ ★ ★ GoLearningBus Vision : simpleNeasy Apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ To make education enjoyable, entertaining, and exciting for everyone. ★ ★ ★
Visit us : www.GoLearningBus.com
Please write to us at Team@WAGmob.com. We would love to improve this App.
Calculate Horizon Coord's (Altitude and Azimuth) from Right Ascension and Declination
Includes: Star Ref's, Messier, Caldwell and Binocular Objects Catalog. Create your own Favorites catalog from currently displayed object.
Input Dialog for Ra/Dec and Favorite Item Name.
User Location: GPS or Input Dialog
Explore the night sky with your Android! Search for stars, planets and constellations. Useful compass/object finder, night, live (accelerometer) mode and 'quick view' function - simply point the phone at the heavens and PlanetariaX will show you what you're looking at!
- View the sky from where you're at, or enter your location
- View the sky from any date or time in history
- Various display options
- Uses device sensors to draw the sky in 'live' mode
- Point your phone at the stars and 'quick view' will do the rest
- Improved time functionality
- Improved positional accuracy
- Numerous bug fixes
- Improved UI and menus
- Night Mode
Keywords: stargazing, astronomy, planetarium, stars, constellations, universe, galaxy, solar system
The details of the various models used in this application can be found here: http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/1109.3207
(Icon shows M51, the Whirlpool Galaxy. Image credit: NASA and The Hubble Heritage Team, STScI/AURA)
* Shows satellites, planets, stars, and constellations.
- solar system computations using white paper by Paul Schlyter
- satellite TLE data from NORAD feed at celestrak.com
- uses sgp4 c++ port
* Sky View mode ( planetarium sky map view )
- tag satellite flyby by touching a satellite as it goes overhead
- tag planets, stars, and constellations by just tapping on them while in the view
- share tagged objects with friends on your Facebook feed
* Earth View mode ( view earth from space )
- shows "you are here" marker with proper orientation for what your device is pointed at
- day / night shading
- satellite viewing bands indicate when satellites are visible in your sky
* Choose from:
- Brightest satellites
- Favorite satellites
- Amateur radio satellites
- Iridium constellation satellites
* Displays paths of satellite fly-overs
* Uses location services to determine your global position
* Uses NTP ping for accurate time
* Night Mode to reduce eye shock
* Facebook integration:
- publish the satellites you've spotted
- update your favorites list at http://home.xyzw.us/star3map/user.php
* Updates data when network connection is available
* Uses cached copy when away from network
If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond quickly and provide an update if there is a bug in the software.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, sky map, star chart, star map, satellite tracker, night mode, satellite finder, NASA, NORAD, TLE, Celestrak, dragon c2+, spacex