The Night Sky - Simply Magical
The Night Sky is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, constellation or even a satellite, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
(Please see http://www.iCandiApps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky_-_Licensing.html for licensing information.)
The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
The size of images downloaded with Sky Lounge is as large or as small as the device screen in pixels. In order to minimize server load, the selectable field of view is limited to 7 degrees, which well embraces NGC 7000 (the North America Nebula in Cygnus).
Downloaded images are saved to the memory card in a folder named "skylounge". If an image with given parameters already exists locally, it will be loaded from memory, rather than being downloaded.
Sky Lounge is designed for tablets in landscape mode (normal and reverse) running Android 3/4. It will run on phones, however, the screen would look rather crowded and ugly.
Keywords: astronomy, deepsky, stars, DSS, sky images, sky survey, sky view
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
This application is believed to be reliable and accurate, however, errors inherent to the human factor or Android implementation cannot be ruled out entirely.
1. This application is designed for tablets in landscape mode.
2. This application requires Android 3 or higher and a display which is to the Android standard.
3. Please contact the author, if you have any pre-sales questions.
Keywords: astronomy, planetarium, planets, stars, wikitude
Comet Monitor comes with two databases. "Selected JPL" is a selection of popular imaged comets using elements from JPL, while "Observable MPC" is the elements database of observable comets by the Minor Planet Center (MPC) without image icons. If you wish to have an imaged comet transferred to the "Selected JPL" database, please send the author an email with your comet icon (128 x 128) photo.
The development of this software has been inspired by the approach of comet C/2012 (ISON) which is expected to become a celestial spectacle as bright as the full moon. With Comet Monitor you can follow the development of this event and locate the comet on a star chart.
The orbital elements will be updated on regular basis and can be downloaded at any time. An update notification is not planned for privacy reasons, since this application does not send any data out of your device, but this would be necessary for checking your current database version. Internet Permission is required for database updates and download of Sky View images. Once downloaded images are saved and available offline and can be updated online any time.
GPS Permission is for those who prefer to set local coordinates via GPS. Coordinates can also be input manually without GPS.
The decimal accuracy of comet ephemerides is exaggerated in order to demonstrate how fast or slow things are changing. The computed data is in good agreement with NASA's Horizons data, however, not recommended for high precision astrometry.
The use of this software, designed for amateur astronomers, requires familiarity with astronomy and the use of your device. A Help page is bundled and accessible from the main menu.
This application operates in landscape mode only and requires presence of an external storage card. Of course best viewed with tablets.
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
If in doubt, please contact the developer by email for pre-sales questions.
Keywords: astronomy, comets, C/2012 S1, ISON, Panstarrs, Lovejoy, Lemmon, solar system
Explore the night sky with your Android! Search for stars, planets and constellations. Useful compass/object finder, night, live (accelerometer) mode and 'quick view' function - simply point the phone at the heavens and PlanetariaX will show you what you're looking at!
- View the sky from where you're at, or enter your location
- View the sky from any date or time in history
- Various display options
- Uses device sensors to draw the sky in 'live' mode
- Point your phone at the stars and 'quick view' will do the rest
- Improved time functionality
- Improved positional accuracy
- Numerous bug fixes
- Improved UI and menus
- Night Mode
Keywords: stargazing, astronomy, planetarium, stars, constellations, universe, galaxy, solar system
The sky view is updated every 4 minutes which is roughly equivalent to a sky motion of 1 degree.
This application will fade out shortly, i.e. no new functions will be added, but bug fixes will be made.
All functions of Planisphere are now included in "Solunar".
If you own a tablet, please also consider the applications "Solunaero" or "AsteriaCoeli" or "Sky Atlas for Tablets", all of which include a planisphere.
- Stars plotted in spectral colors
- Stars up to magnitude 5
- Constellation lines
- Positions of sun and moon
- Positions of the planets
- Solar system ephemerides
- Night and daytime view modes
- Sidereal time display
- Sun rise and set times
- Twilight times, daylight durtion
- Moon rise and set times
- Moon phase image
- Time inc/dec in 30 min intervals
- Save planisphere image to microSD
- Day/night terminator map, plus 3D Earth globe
- Relative positions of Sun-Earth-Moon trio
- GPS-enabled or manual input
- No internet connection required
- Runs in full-screen portrait mode
- Clean, intuitive interface, thus simple operation
- Help in Menu/Settings
Keywords: astronomy, planisphere, sun, moon, earth, moon calendar, moon phase, twilight
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
1. This application is designed for phones and is tested only with a 10inch tablet.
2. Please be so kind as to send a report preferably with screen snap should you encounter any layout issues.
3. This application requires Android 2.2 or higher and a display which is to the Android standard.
4. This application operates in portrait mode only.
5. Please contact the author, if you have any pre-sales questions.
See "Developer's website" (linked from this page) for more information, including the full changelog. If you find bugs or have questions, please report by email, as there is no mechanism for us to respond to comments left as reviews. Thanks!
Includes all three complete question pools (and lifetime updates):
* Technician (effective until June 30, 2014)
* General (effective until June 30, 2015)
* Extra (effective until June 30, 2016)
Install the free version to try it out.
Run through various types of practice test to ensure that you'll be prepared!
Please email email@example.com for any issues or suggestions.
Satellite Tracking Is Back and Faster!
New Satellite category database soon!
see http://www.n2yo.com/satellites/ for list of the new extra beta category, check back in the next few days fore.
Sky Map turns your Android-powered device into a window on the night sky.
The Plus adds the new ability to track any near earth objects with a NORAD Id in real time. Follow satellites, the international space station, and more!
Sat Locks My take up to 1-2 minutes over cell networks!
You can get predictions for Iridium Flares for the next 7 days. Think shooting star like flares.
Based on code Open sourced and donated by Google.
Tracking data is courtesy of www.n2yo.com
Anyone interested in helping? Fell free to email.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, NORAD, satellites
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Flight 101".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts of Flight by following snack sized chapters:
The Four Forces:
• The Four Forces
• The Four Forces in Action Decides the Direction of Flight
Axes of Rotation:
• Axes of Rotation
• 3 - Dimensional Geometry
• The Yaw Axis
• The Pitch Axis
• The Roll Axis
• Aerodynamic Forces
• Symmetric Airfoil
• Banking Turn
• How Lift is generated?
• The Wing Design
• Lift Coefficient
• Factors Affecting the Lift
• Parts of an Airplane
• Flaps and Slats
• Parts of a Jet Engine
• Turbine Engine in Action
• Flight Speed
• Mach number
• Subsonic Speed
• Transonic Speed
• Supersonic Speed
• Hypersonic Speed
Basic Flight Maneuvers:
• Basic Flight Maneuvers
• Descending/ Diving
• Banked Turns
Physics of Flight:
• Physics of Flight
• Aircraft Range
• Maximum Time Aloft
• Lift to Drag Ratio
• Thrust to Weight Ratio
Turbulence and Ash:
• Clear- Air Turbulence
• Turbulence during Storms
• Turbulence Over Mountains
• Volcanic Ash
• The Space Flight
• Types of Spaceflight
• How Space Flight Works?
• Orbits and Satellites
• Reaching Space: Delta-V
• Escape Velocity
• Calculating Escape Velocity
• Launch Pads
• Space Shuttle Introduction
• Parts of the Space Shuttle
• A Typical Mission
• Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs)
• Main Engine
• External Fuel Tank¬
• Orbital Maneuvering Systems
Space Shuttle Mission:
• Details of the Space Shuttle Mission
• Step 1
• Step 2
• Step 3
• Step 4
• Step 5
• Step 6
• Step 7
• Step 8
• Step 9
• Step 10
• Step 11
• V, W, and Y.
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
If you are an advanced user or would like to support the development of SkEye, please consider purchasing this version.
This version has:
• Support for Comets.
• The complete NGC, IC catalog with a powerful object filter
• Satellite tracking
(Note that the updating of TLE data is still under development)
• All stars upto mag 10 are rendered.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space, Planets
The star chart is plotted on equatorial coordinates centered on a selected object of interest. A star chart can be saved to external memory card for documentation purposes, such as for printing, websites or blogs. For this purpose, a monochrome (white background) display is provided. A red night view is not possible due to operating system restraints.
Asteria Coeli adds an interactive planisphere view including stars, constellations, sun, moon, planets and 4 comets, plus Sun and Moon information, such as rise & set and ephemerides.
Global 3D surface views are available for solar system planets as is a fully fledged interactive moon calendar, a moon atlas, and sun path plot.
An abundant and partly illustrated astronomy quiz has been added for those eager to learn about astronomy the easy way. To provide some help, the quiz offers two means of assistance, a 50/50 narrow-down or a hint button.
Asteria Coeli runs under Android 2.2.2 and higher on phones and tablets, but is strongly recommended for tablets or phones running Android 3+ with screens larger than 4.5 inches across. Both, portrait (where meaningful) and landscape modes are supported while the landscape orientation is most rewarding.
Please be so kind as to report any issues by email. If it can't be fixed - MONEY BACK!
Available Object Categories
* Stars down to magnitude 6.5
* Named stars (subset of Stars)
* Nearby stars (subset of Stars)
* Bright stars (subset of Stars)
* Solar neighborhood
* Variable stars
* Binary stars
* Messier objects
* Caldwell objects
* Bright deepsky objects
* Solar system planets
* Dwarf planets & asteroids
* Hubble objects with images
* Meteor shower radiants
* Star chart in color or black on white.
* Adjustable FOV (swipe up or down).
* Tap on a star to identify and center.
* Star charts can be saved to external memory.
* Toggle display features.
* Object data and ephemerides, where applicable.
* Rise & set times, azimuth & altitude.
* Object descriptions (still authoring more).
* Planisphere view with sun/moon data.
* Interactive moon atlas
* Interactive moon calendar
* Interactive Sun path plot
* Illustrated astronomy quiz
* Download of star and deepsky images
* Generates data tables in HTML
* Solar System data
* Planetary moons data
* Habitable zone simulator
* Galilean satellites simulator
* Telescope calculator
* Binoculars calculator
* Astronomical dashboard.
* Bundled help page
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
Galaxy Precident Model SCH-M828C and other 320x480 screens are not supported.
Both phones and tablets supported, best experience with tablets in landscape orientation.
Your phone or tablet must be designed to the Android standard.
Refunds will be issued against proof of application failure.
Please contact the developer with pre-sales questions, if in doubt.
Keywords: astronomy, sky atlas, star chart, star map, moon calendar, constellation, solar system, stars, binaries, comets, asteroids, planets, dwarf planets, KBO, messier, deepsky, exoplanets, hubble, meteor, nearby stars, telescope, hbz, astro quiz, quiz, learning astronomy
Voor vrijwel elke dag van het jaar worden bijzondere hemelverschijnselen beschreven, vaak met een handig sterrenkaartje erbij. De app geeft ook informatie over opkomst en ondergang van zon en maan, en over de zichtbaarheid van de planeten.
Push-notificaties houden je desgewenst op de hoogte van wat er op stapel staat, en voor de liefhebber biedt de app ook links naar actuele sterrenkundenieuwtjes.
LIMITATIONS OF FREE VERSION:
-No sightings log
-No Text-To-Speech alerts
-Only allows fetching up to 24 hours ahead for all satellites vs. 10 days in Pro
-Only allows one custom satellite for 10-day pass predictions vs. unlimited satellites in Pro
-Only allows one alert per event vs. unlimited in Pro
-Only manual alert creation vs. semi-automatic in Pro
Internet - Fetch satellite data, browse Heavens-Above site; ads.
Location - Sent to Heavens-Above to find predictions for your sky.
Modify SD card - Write debug files.
View Network State - Check connectivity before trying to download data.
Vibrate - Notifications (optional).
PrediSat is ready for translations! Google Translate isn't quite good enough (I've tried), so I need human translators.
If you would like to help, translation is crowdsourced at http://getlocalization.com/predisat
If for any reason you can't or don't want to use Get Localization, you can always email me.
PROBLEMS OR SUGGESTIONS:
Please email me or submit the problem or suggestion at http://tracker.pilot51.com. Usually Google Play comments or even Android crash reports don't tell me everything I need to know to fix it and there is no way for me to reply to either to ask for more details.
Additional keywords: iss space station hubble telescope transit orbit
More from developer
* Shows satellites, planets, stars, and constellations.
- solar system computations using white paper by Paul Schlyter
- satellite TLE data from NORAD feed at celestrak.com
- uses sgp4 c++ port
* Sky View mode ( planetarium sky map view )
- tag satellite flyby by touching a satellite as it goes overhead
- tag planets, stars, and constellations by just tapping on them while in the view
- share tagged objects with friends on your Facebook feed
* Earth View mode ( view earth from space )
- shows "you are here" marker with proper orientation for what your device is pointed at
- day / night shading
- satellite viewing band indicates when satellites are visible in your sky
* Choose from:
- Brightest satellites
- Favorite satellites
- Amateur radio satellites
- Iridium constellation satellites
* Displays paths of satellite fly-overs
* Uses location services to determine your global position
* Uses NTP ping for accurate time
* Night Mode to reduce eye shock
* Facebook integration:
- publish the satellites you've spotted
- update your favorites list at http://home.xyzw.us/star3map/user.php
* Updates data when network connection is available
* Uses cached copy when away from network
If you have any problems, please email. I will respond quickly and provide an update if there is a bug in the software.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, star chart, star map, satellite finder, NASA, NORAD, TLE, Celestrak, space flight, dragon c2+, spacex