One of Yahoo! News' Best Stargazing Apps.
"Beautifully presented and strangely compelling." - Greg, "...looks amazing, and provides excellent information" - Ravi, "Awesome live wallpaper!" - Troy, "Very cool app with good graphics and intuitive UI." - Seth
"This app ... will show you a moon calendar and what the moon phase was or will be for any date between 1900 & 2100. It also shows you tons of other location-based moon data and has some very pretty animations to get the info across. Recommend!" Appolicious - Best Moon Phase Android Apps
Astronomers - "Great App for all Astronomers and star gazers." - JB
Stargazers - "Know the best time to see the stars." - sylvan
Moon watchers - "... great for either moon watching or stargazing." - cameron
Outdoor enthusiasts - "A must have for the outdoorsman" - Andy
Photographers - "Absolutely great for … planning night photo excursions." - Ron
Geeks - "If you’re an astronerd this is the app for you!” - Nakeisha
▶ For any date/location, instantly shows phase, crescent angle, rise/set times, and nearest syzygies
▶ Change phase by touchscreen, trackball, or direct date entry
▶ 2 finger drag rotates the moon: see the far side!
▶ Calendar shows month's phases at a glance
▶ Data pane gives additional details: azimuth, altitude, distance, apogee, perigee, zenith, and more
▶ Choice of imagery: High definition or Maximum realism
▶ Share moon image/data via email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, ...
▶ Fully tablet-optimized
▶ Notifications for major phases
▶ Live wallpaper
▶ Multiple sizes of widget, most with optional moon info text
▶ Dynamic shadows of surface features (craters, mountains, etc. - Android 2.2+ only)
▶ Supports installation to SD card. HOWEVER: doing so will disable the widgets and live wallpaper! This is a "feature" of Android, and isn't something I can fix. See http://bit.ly/icwTHi.
The Night Sky - Simply Magical
The Night Sky is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, constellation or even a satellite, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
(Please see http://www.iCandiApps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky_-_Licensing.html for licensing information.)
Keywords: astronomy, planetarium, planets, stars, wikitude
If you are an advanced user or would like to support the development of SkEye, please consider purchasing this version.
This version has:
• Support for Comets.
• The complete NGC, IC catalog with a powerful object filter
• Satellite tracking
Note that TLE data is not automatically updated. I haven't added this mainly to avoid an extra permission: Internet access.
• All stars upto mag 10 are rendered.
Send an email to email@example.com
Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/skeye
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space, Planets
See "Developer's website" (linked from this page) for more information, including the full changelog. If you find bugs or have questions, please report by email, as there is no mechanism for us to respond to comments left as reviews. Thanks!
The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
Currently on Sale! 50% Off, Don't miss it!
Glossary of Astronomy is an application containing over 800 astronomy related glossary terms and jargon. It is an excellent educational and reference application for hobbyist as well as those who are in the field of astronomy .
The application is optimized for all Android devices running on OS 2.3 or above.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPECT
This application has the following features:
- User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
- Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other glossary
- A glossary search engine
- Text preview of each item
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
· Sunrise and sunset times with azimuths
· Civil, nautical and astronomical twilight times
· Solar noon with elevation
· Golden hours
· Length of daylight
· Rise, set and transit times for the moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
· Lunar phase and illuminated fraction
· Track the azimuth and elevation of the sun, moon and planets individually or together
· Solar and lunar eclipses 2000-2020
· Solstices and equinoxes 2000-2020
· Earth aphelion and perihelion 2000-2020
· Notifications and alarms for sun and moon rise and set events
· Monthly calendar views showing how times change each day
· Choice of light and dark themes
You can use your location from wireless networks or GPS, select places on a map, search by name or zip code or enter coordinates. Locations can be saved for later use.
Please email me with problems, questions and suggestions, I'm happy to help!
***** New feature: Sun, moon and planet tracker *****
This feature shows the path of the sun, moon or any planet through the sky. This has many uses including garden planning, photography and even finding a shady spot to park your car.
The path is shown as a line on a compass disc, where the edge represents the horizon and the center is vertically up. You can view this on a road map, satellite map, or a plain background. Compass rotation is supported on the plain background.
***** New feature: Alarms *****
As well as setting simple notifications for events, you can now set up alarms so you'll never miss a sunrise photo opportunity!
***** Example uses *****
Here are some examples of what Sundroid can be used for. If you've found another use, let me know!
· Hunting and fishing
· Photo and film shoots
· Planning holidays and outdoor events
· Positioning solar panels
· Planning a garden
· Choosing a new home
· Parking your car in the shade
***** About permissions *****
In case you're concerned about permissions, here's what Sundroid needs them for. I'm happy to answer any question you have about security, so please feel free to get in touch.
· Internet access: Used to look up the name and time zone of your location, and for location selection using maps and search. Connects to Google only; there is no usage monitoring. Offline use is supported.
· Coarse and fine location: Allows Sundroid to get your current location (at your request) using GPS or networks.
· Prevent device from sleeping: Allows an alarm to keep sounding until you dismiss it. Otherwise it might be cancelled before you wake.
· Disable keylock: Allows Sundroid to show an alarm when the phone is locked so you can dismiss it without having to unlock the phone yourself. Keylock is re-enabled as soon as the alarm is dismissed.
· Start at boot: Alarms and notifications are cancelled when the phone is turned off, and this permission allows Sundroid to reset them.
· Control vibrator: For alarms and notifications.
· External storage: Google Maps uses this to cache map tiles for better performance. Sundroid does not read or write anything on SD.
· Google services: Required by Google Maps. Sundroid does not use it.
Across thousands of domains--with more continually added--Wolfram|Alpha uses its vast collection of algorithms and data to compute answers and generate reports for you.
Parts of Wolfram|Alpha are used in the Apple Siri Assistant; this app gives you access to the full power of the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine. Domains covered by Wolfram|Alpha include:
STATISTICS & DATA ANALYSIS
Electricity & Magnetism
Animals & Plants
DNA Sequence Lookup
Human, Mouse & Fruit Fly Genomes
UNITS & MEASURES
DATES & TIMES
Current & Historical Weather
PLACES & GEOGRAPHY
PEOPLE & HISTORY
Historical Events, Periods & Countries
Historical Numerals & Money
CULTURE & MEDIA
Television Networks & Programs
WORDS & LINGUISTICS
SPORTS & GAMES
Color Names & Systems
MONEY & FINANCE
Cost of Living
HEALTH & MEDICINE
Medical Test Data
FOOD & NUTRITION
WEB & COMPUTER SYSTEMS
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
***A Parents' Choice Classic, Fun Stuff Award Winner
*** Famingo APProved - top rating!
*** Awesome Kids Apps - top review and rating!
***”Once you start experiencing the app, you will see why Wubbzy’s Space Adventure is out of this world.” – Appolicious
***”The interactive elements and mini games within the story add fun and enhance the children’s experience of the app.”– iHeartThisApp
3, 2, 1 . . . blast off with Wubbzy, Walden, Widget and Daizy for an out-of-this-world space adventure! Explore the galaxy, take a tour of Planet Fun, meet one-eyed Gorks and nine-armed Gaks, and lots more in this fun-filled, deluxe storybook. Will Wubbzy and his friends make it in time to wake up the Man in the Moon before sunrise? Hop on board to find out!
Wubbzy’s Space Adventure was developed by Cupcake Digital in partnership with the producers of the Emmy® Award-winning Nick Jr. TV series Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!®.
• Now in English and Spanish (Available as a free upgrade for those who have already downloaded the English-only version).
• Interactive, action-packed games for Wubbzy’s littlest fans!
• Three storytelling modes – professionally narrated with Read To Me, Read & Play or try Just a Book for quiet reading time
• Tap into creative play with exciting games, sing-along music videos, coloring and more!
• Surprising animations and interactions on every page bursting with playful sound effects
• Grown-up’s corner prompts meaningful conversations for one-of-a-kind family moments
The use of Sky Atlas is believed to be simple, intuitive and largely self-explanatory, yet requiring basic knowledge of astronomy and familiarity with your Android phone.
Opens a list of object categories. Tap on a category to view available objects. Upon selection of an object, its data is shown in a message box, from which to return to selection of another object or choose to center an object on the star chart. Categories which contain a large number of objects are assigned a sub-menu (tap on screen's menu button) which allow to narrow down by various criteria dependent on the nature of the category.
* Named Stars
* Nearby Stars
* Binary Stars
* Variable Stars
* All Messier objects with images
* Bright deepsky objects with images
* All Caldwell objects with images
* Solar System Planets
* Dwarf Planets & Asteroids
* Meteor Showers
* Hubble Objects
* Kepler Field Overlay
* Celestial Poles
This list of items is not directly related to the star chart, but to astronomical time-keeping, information and visualizations.
* Rise, set, twilight times
* Day & Night Visualization
* Rectangular view of the sun's vicinity
* Earth Globe in 3D
* Moon Atlas in 3D
* Moon Calendar
* MSL Curiosity Station
* 3D planetary phase views
* Planetary Moons
* Pleiades Close-up
* Solar Eclipses
* Greek Alphabet
* Historical Timeline
* Zodiacal Signs
* Martian Moons
* Plutonian Moons
This section is for astronomical computing, such as current positions of the Galilean moons, orbit simulation, calculation of optical equipment performance and more.
* Galilean Moons
* Orbit Simulator
* Distances among Stars
* Speed of Light Simulation
* Telescope Calculator
* Binocular Calculator
* CCD Imaging Calculator
* Optical Formulae
* JD-Date/Date-JD Converter
* Stars down to magnitude 6.4
* Constellation lines
* Constellation boundaries
* All Messier objects
* Bright NGC/IC objects
* All Caldwell objects
* Sun, moon and planets overlay
* Equatorial Grid
* Equator line
* Ecliptic line
* Associated object labels
* Color display
* Monochrome, negative display
* Nightview (red display)
Sky Atlas is designed only for Android phones operating in portrait mode. If you own a tablet please search for "Sky Atlas Tablet".
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
In this catalogue of 112 deep sky objects over 35 can be seen with out the use of a telescope or binoculars!
Just scroll to an object of your choosing and tap "Locate".
The location data will be sent to your Google Sky Map application which will show you the location of that object in the sky!
For beginners to professionals, this app makes finding all the brightest galaxies, nebulae and star clusters as easy as one tap of a button!
Listed with each object is its brightness in magnitude and what the minimum optical gear is necessary to view it.
All you need is a dark, clear sky and a passion for Astronomy! :D
Optional: To view the wikipedia page for each object an active internet connection is required.
To use the "Locate" feature Google Sky Map (free) is required.
keywords: space, andromeda, messier catalogue, ngc, carl sagan, neil degrasse tyson, nebula, nebulae, orion, catalog, telescope, binoculars, deep sky, hubble
This app contains the King James Version of the Bible, also known as the Authorized Version.
King James Bible or KJV, is an English translation of the Christian Bible by the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.
Get closer to Jesus and God with this King James Bible app.
READ, LISTEN AND STUDY THE BIBLE
★ Offline Bible:
Works offline, Read even without internet access.
★ Bible Widget:
Get inspired daily with a Daily Bible Verse of Day widget.
★ Audio Bible:
Have the Bible read to you! Just go to the reading section and click on the Audio button, which is next to the font change button. (Beware though it can get quite loud, so do tune the volume)
★ Daily Bible Verse:
When you open the app, you will see Bible Verse of Day, and Bible Book of the Day. Start your day with a Daily Bible Verse or Browse the Book of Day.
★ Bible Study:
Study the bible with our easy to use interface. Browse by books, chapters, verse. Highlight your favorite Bible verses and easily access them in future.
Use the favorites feature to save or bookmark your Bible study and quickly access where you left off. Get access to your favorite inspiration bible verses whenever you need them!
Use the highlight feature to make highlights in different colors. And then easily access them in the Highlights tab.
★ User Friendly Interface:
We hate clunky, difficult to use Bible apps. That's why we model after Instagram's easy to use interface, and aim to make this Bible app as simple and easy to use as possible.
Easy & fast search any keyword, book names, or Bible verses. Our easy to use search function, allows you to quickly find what you are looking for.
★ Read Easier:
Change the font settings directly when reading the Bible.
Inspirational and motivational Bible verses are meant to shared! Share your favorite Bible verses with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Email, SMS and many other sharing apps.
Most important of all, its FREE.
Contains All 66 Books from the King James Bible
This app uses Google Analytics.
This app is available as a FREE and a PRO version. The FREE version includes ads which serves to finance the app development while the PRO version is advertisement free. Both versions are exactly the same except from the ads. Check out the FREE version to see if you like the app. Upgrade to PRO for just 99 cents if you find the ads annoying or simply just as a support to this app's development. You know as well as i do that 99 cents is really nothing compared to the value you got.
Download this King James Bible app today and experience fuller, richer Bible study—wherever you go.
Download this app now and get King James Bible at your fingertips. Carry your Bible with you wherever, whenever, and share with whomever you want! Study Anywhere. Download Now!
- Works Offline
- 75 different bible translations available to download.
- Installation in SD Card (Version 2.2 or higher).
- Search words inside the Bible
- Support for small screen phones. Like the Xperia Mini
- Fix the chapter screen for different screen sizes
- Fix the bible search when the search return no match.
- Share in SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
- Night Read Mode
- Books in alphabetically order (optional).
- Higher fonts selection.
- Tablet layout (HD).
- Cantor Cristão
- Multi words search
- Notes (Personal Notes)
- Marker verse colors
- Copy Verse
- Talking Verse (beta)
- Reading Bible Plan
English: King James Version
English: American Standard Version
English: Basic English Bible
English: Darby Version
English: Webster\'s Bible
English: Weymouth NT
English: World English Bible
English: Young\'s Literal Translation
Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Spanish: Reina Valera NT (1858)
Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Portuguese: King James Version
Arabic: Smith and Van Dyke
Aramaic NT: Peshitta
Armenian (Eastern): (Genesis, Exodus, Gospels)
Armenian (Western): NT
Basque (Navarro-Labourdin): NT
Chamorro (Psalms, Gospels, Acts)
Chinese: NCV (Traditional)
Chinese: Union (Simplified)
Chinese: NCV (Simplified)
Chinese: Union (Traditional)
Coptic: Bohairic NT
Coptic: New Testament
Dutch Staten Vertaling
Finnish: Bible (1776)
Finnish: Pyha Raamattu (1933/1938)
French: Louis Segond (1910)
French: Martin (1744)
French: Ostervald (1996 revision)
Georgian (Gospels, Acts, James)
German: Elberfelder (1871)
German: Elberfelder (1905)
German: Luther (1545)
German: Luther (1912)
Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550/1894)
Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
Greek NT: Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants
Hebrew OT: Aleppo Codex
Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Latin: Nova Vulgata
Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Latvian New Testament
Manx Gaelic (Esther, Jonah, Four Gospels)
Myanmar/Burmse: Judson (1835)
Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Potawatomi: (Matthew, Acts) (Lykins, 1844)
Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Russian: Makarij Translation (Pentateuch) (1825)
Scots Gaelic (Gospel of Mark)
Tagalog: Ang Biblia (1905)
Ukrainian: NT (P.Kulish, 1871)
* Shows satellites, planets, stars, and constellations.
- solar system computations using white paper by Paul Schlyter
- satellite TLE data from NORAD feed at celestrak.com
- uses sgp4 c++ port
* Sky View mode ( planetarium sky map view )
- tag satellite flyby by touching a satellite as it goes overhead
- tag planets, stars, and constellations by just tapping on them while in the view
- share tagged objects with friends on your Facebook feed
* Earth View mode ( view earth from space )
- shows "you are here" marker with proper orientation for what your device is pointed at
- day / night shading
- satellite viewing band indicates when satellites are visible in your sky
* Choose from:
- Brightest satellites
- Favorite satellites
- Amateur radio satellites
- Iridium constellation satellites
* Displays paths of satellite fly-overs
* Uses location services to determine your global position
* Uses NTP ping for accurate time
* Night Mode to reduce eye shock
* Facebook integration:
- publish the satellites you've spotted
- update your favorites list at http://home.xyzw.us/star3map/user.php
* Updates data when network connection is available
* Uses cached copy when away from network
If you have any problems, please email. I will respond quickly and provide an update if there is a bug in the software.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, star chart, star map, satellite finder, NASA, NORAD, TLE, Celestrak, space flight, dragon c2+, spacex