One Plus 6T is a beast but it lacks a notification LED. It's a tedious process to pick your phone up just to check if you have unread notifications. Plus Beat makes use of Ambient Display and generates pulses after regular time intervals. The time interval can be set by the user. The ambient display lits up if there is an unread notification.
- Set the time interval for notification loop on ambient display
- Per app configurable notifications - Choose apps to display notifications.
- Hide or Show Notification content on per app basis - Show or hide notification content on a per-app basis.
- Stealth Mode - Hide all the content and show notification in the form of the app icon.
- DND Profiles - Add Do Not Disturb timings to pause Plus Beat.
- Custom colors for notification icons
Tested on: OnePlus 6/6T/5/5T/3/3T. Not tested on other phones but should work with any phone supporting Ambient Display and wake screen for new notifications. However, only OnePlus 6T is officially supported.
1. Make sure 'Wake screen when you receive notifications' is enabled under Settings > Display > Ambient Display.
2. Remove 'Plus Beat' from Battery Optimization under Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization. Failing to do so won't start the app on phone restart, causing malfunction. OnePlus has strict rules, can't help it. If it shows already 'Not optimizing', select optimize and reselect don't optimize. Restart the device and check if it's working. If the app doesn't work, please repeat this process.
3. In Stealth Mode, custom colors are not possible for icons because of the nature of Ambient Display, which can only display in monochrome.
Help me improve the app by suggesting new features and buying me a beer by donating here:
1. PayPal - https://www.paypal.me/vishalAF
2. UPI - vishalaf@upi
3. Google Pay - yzvishal.vd@okhdfcbank