-Calculate time, distance and race paces
-Calculate training paces
-Calculate the equivalent performance of a race result at another distance
-Calculate the effect of temperature or altitude on training or race paces
What's Your VDOT?
VDOT is a measure of your current running ability. It assigns a score to all running performances and let's you equate a time in one distance against another. For instance, you can compare your VDOT score from a recent 5k result to a friend's score who just ran a half marathon. Who won?
What VDOT Level Have You Reached?
Input a race result or estimated performance and learn what score it reaches on the VDOT scale. Enter all your past performances to see which race result scores the highest. There are 10 levels starting at Beginner - White (Female: 31.4, Male: 35) all the way up to Professional - Gold (Female: 71, Male: 80).
McRun is a great way to target and train for peak performance.
Feedback? Suggestions? Sore legs?
Send us an email: John --> firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick start guide:
- From Calculator screen enter your best time in any distance and press “calculate”
- View your equivalent race times
- Press “Workout Paces” to see recommended paces for tempo runs, long runs, easy runs, and speed workouts
- Select “Recalculate” to return to the Calculator screen
- Turn your iPhone sideways to see motivational quotes and training tips
Combine the app with Wahoo Fitness sensors to track heart rate, cycling speed, cadence, and power data.
With more functionality than an expensive GPS watch or dedicated cycling computer, the Wahoo Fitness App and hardware provides everything you need to stay safe, motivated, and informed while you run or ride your bike… all on your Android device!
Visit http://www.wahoofitness.com for more information on Wahoo Fitness products.
◆ Pair with Wahoo Fitness devices including: BlueHR, BlueSC, KICKR, TICKR family, RFLKT family, Magellan Echo and many more!
◆ Pair with other BTLE and ANT+™ heartrate, footpod and bike speed/cadence/power devices.
◆ Upload workouts to your favorite training website, including Strava, RunKeeper, MapMyFitness, Nike+, TrainingPeaks, GarminConnect and Magellan Active or email the export data directly.
◆ Get comprehensive cycling power data. Offers multiple power screens with power in watts, avg. power, nPower, iFactor, TSS, and mean max power for 20 seconds, 1, 2, 20, and 60 minutes.
◆ Use multiple sensors at once. You can use multiple sensors at the same time without interference.
◆ Get personalized heart rate zone info. Calculates personalized HR zones and shows current, average, and max heart rate as well as how much time you spend in each zone during your workout.
◆ Get the most accurate calorie burn count. Add your user data such as age, weight, and height to get personalized calorie burn information.
◆ Don't get lost. In-app GPS maps keep you on the right track as you run or cycle outdoors.
◆ Review your History. See a summary of the results from your entire workout history, including GPS route, organized by date and workout type in the history view.
◆ Dedicated KICKR workout screen with four modes including Resistance Levels, Ergo Mode, Simulation Mode and Manual mode
◆ Works with all Android devices that are Bluetooth Smart Ready (requires Android 4.3+).
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Don't forget to email email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, compliments or feature requests!
Test your Bluetooth Smart Hardware
Use Wahoo Utility to test the connectivity of your Bluetooth Smart hardware including heart rate monitors (including the Wahoo Fitness TICKR family), bike speed/cadence sensors, bike power meters, and power trainers (including the Wahoo Fitness KICKR).
We are Smartphone Powered Fitness
Wahoo Fitness harnesses the awesome power of the smartphones to transform the way you run, ride and reach your training and fitness goals. Using Bluetooth Smart technology, you can get all of your workout data in real time, on your favourite Apps, for less than the cost of purchasing dedicated sensor systems.
What Wahoo Fitness hardware means for you:
◆ Eliminates the need for separate display devices for each sensor.
◆ Open platform, meaning your hardware is available to any fitness App that you choose to incorporate your real-time fitness data for a high degree of accuracy and functionality.
◆ Simplifies your workout: One device becomes your bike computer, mp3 player, GPS and data logger.
Visit http://www.wahoofitness.com for more information on smartphone powered fitness.
User reviews : "Beautiful, simple, perfect." & "Useful and beautiful!"
12 high intensity bodyweight exercises. 30 seconds per exercise, 10 seconds rest between exercises.
Voice prompted, so complete the entire workout without looking at a timer or device!
Use the Wahoo Fitness TICKR X for automated repetition counting during exercises. The app counts out loud as you perform each exercise.
This app is inspired by the 7 Minute Workout that was originally published in ACSM'S Health & Fitness Journal and then covered by the NYTimes.
What the 7 minute workout app does:
* Outline of all the exercises in the workout.
* See video and text descriptions of each exercise.
* Perform the workout with countdown timers and prompting for each exercise and breaks.
* Voice prompting for each step, no need to even look at the phone!
* No need for timers.
* No confusion on what exercise to do next, or how to do it.
* Set the duration per exercise.
* Set the rest between exercises.
* Adjust the number of sets.
* Randomize the exercises.
* Unlock alternate workouts
We developed this app for doing demonstrations of ANT functionality on Android. Since there currently aren't many apps with this functionality, we decided to release it on the Play Store to anybody who might find it useful. So, if you are reading this, we hope you find it useful!
Disclaimer: This app is intended for demonstration/recreational purposes only and not for medical use.
Officially supported heart rate devices are listed in our directory: http://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/62/~/
ANT+ Plugins (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus)
ANT Radio Service (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.service.socket)
ANT hardware support on your phone (see the description of the ANT Radio Service page for more info)
-Once recording is stopped, the graph will be cleared the next time the screen changes
-Since the entire recording is shown on the screen at once, recording long periods of time will make it difficult to read the graph, may be slow, and really long sessions may crash the app.
Attention Developers! Using the ANT+ plugins in your app to communicate with ANT+ devices is quick, easy, and free and uses a simplified API that doesn't require referencing technical documents or learning new protocols. Visit the ANT Android Developer page http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant/ant-in-android/ for more info and to download the SDK containing the source code for this open source application.
To learn more about ANT+ visit http://www.thisisant.com.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get fit with the MapMyFitness community. Log over 600 different types of workouts; record GPS-based activities to view detailed stats; log on to the web to join Challenges, connect devices and view 24/7 activity data.
ALL THE FEATURES YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
☆ Gear Tracker - Add your athletic shoes and start tracking mileage with Gear Tracker. Help yourself avoid common injuries and get notified when it’s time for a new pair.
☆ 600+ Activities - Log and record workouts with the largest selection of activities, including running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga and tons of others.
☆ Workout Stats - Record GPS-based workouts with customizable voice feedback for precise stats like pace, route, distance, calorie burn, elevation profile and more.
SHARE FITNESS & NUTRITION DATA
☆ Share Data - Sync your account with other health and nutrition apps like MyFitnessPal and Google Fit.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP MEMBERSHIP
☆ Go MVP - Be a premium member for an ad-free experience and access special features like heart rate analysis, personal training plans, audio coaching, and Live Tracking.
☆ MVP Members Only - Enjoy exclusive offers and promotions from our partners.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
☆ Activity Feed - Share your progress and see what friends are doing on your Activity Feed. Whether you’re a beginner, casually active, looking to rededicate yourself to fitness or an athletic enthusiast, you’ll fit in perfectly with our 30+ million member strong community.
☆ Social - Share your progress and workouts with friends on social media.
MORE FEATURES ON THE WEB
☆ 24/7 Activity Graph - Connect devices to view steps, sleep, workouts and more, all in one expertly designed graph.
☆ Import Data - We make it easy to connect and import data from the best activity tracking devices in the industry. Connect devices from Jawbone, Misfit, Fitbit, Garmin, Withings and more (Bluetooth Smart™ and ANT+™).
☆ Challenges - Join Challenges for some friendly, virtual competition, climb the leaderboards and win prizes.
Be sure to visit us at www.MapMyFitness.com for the full experience.
Should you choose to upgrade to MVP, payment will be charged to your Google Wallet account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year or USD 2.50 per month. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off on wallet.google.com and click on ‘Update or cancel your subscription’ on the Transactions page after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be cancelled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a subscription to MVP.
Under Armour Connected Fitness powers the complete digital product suite of MapMyFitness, including MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk, MapMyHike, and the Under Armour Record app. Our mission is to make all athletes better by providing the digital connected fitness products they need to train, perform and improve.
* Chart to show your heart rate over time in real time w/ pan & zoom.
* Map that shows your heart rate color coded route in real time.
* Export your heart rate data to either TCX file format or Comma Separated Value (CSV) text file format so you can analyze it externally. CSV data format: Time, Heart Rate, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude (meters above sea level), Speed (meters/second), Heart Rate Variability (milliseconds), Calories Burned (kcal), Battery Level (%).
Each premium feature is unlocked independently.
Displays battery level for Polar H7 and other HRM devices that support sending battery level information. The feature is active on Android 4.3 and Samsung devices at this time.
Due to Android Bluetooth Low Energy support limitations, this app only supports devices running Android 4.3 and above, the Samsung GS4 (Android 4.2+), and the following HTC devices - HTC One, HTC Droid DNA and HTC One X+ (Android 4.1+). Please note that your device must have hardware that supports Bluetooth SMART. If your device is not supported, please don't give my app a bad rating because it is out of my control. If you'd like to know why your device is not supported, please email me at email@example.com. The 2012 Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus are not supported at this time.
The Samsung GS3, GS2, Note 2, and Motorola Razr XT910 have been confirmed to work with Cyanogenmod 10.2. You may need to put a file "android.hardware.bluetooth_le.xml" in /system/etc/permissions in order for Android to detect that the device supports Bluetooth SMART. Please email the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like help using Cyanogenmod 10.2.
It has been verified to work with the Mio Alpha, Polar H7, BlueLeza HRM Blue, Zephyr HxM Smart, Viiiiva, 60beat Blue, Beets BLU, and Wahoo heart rate monitors and should be compatible with any BLE heart rate measuring device.
Heart Rate Monitor app measures your heart rate by analyzing blood flow on the tip of your finger. Heart Rate Monitor is a cardiograph for your Android device. Results are instant. Check your heart rate in real time.
HOW TO USE?
Lightly place the tip of your left hand index finger on the camera lens so it completely covers the lens and press START.
Hold until the measurement is complete. Hold your phone steady.
If your camera does not have flash, measure your heart rate in well-lit environment. If you are not getting any readings readjust the position of your finger. If your device does not have back facing camera but has front facing camera such as Nexus 7 use the front facing camera.
Heart Rate Monitor app is extremely accurate and it does not need any external hardware to be used. Whole process is done quickly, precisely, simply. Get your heart rate instantly, process is quick and easy. A must have app for every smartphone, try it now!
- Push-button data entry
- Auto-calculation on every change as it is entered
- Pace: time & distance ==> pace & speed
- Time: pace & distance ==> time & speed
- Predict the time to complete a race
- Metric or imperial (English) units
- Persistent data across sessions
The free TrainingPeaks mobile app syncs with your TrainingPeaks.com account to provide a complete web, mobile and desktop solution for tracking, analyzing and planning your training.
• Log your runs, rides or swims in the TrainingPeaks Calendar
• Keep track of daily stats like power, speed, distance and more
• Dash off post-workout comments for yourself and your coach
• Check your progress with the Performance Management Chart
• Customize your Dashboard charts to see the data that is important to you
• View HR, power or GPS for your workouts in the workout file viewer
• See how much time you spent in your training zones during your workouts
• Look at your Peak HR, power, pace, and speed values from your workouts
• Schedule training sessions from your Android device
• Access your planned workouts and meals on the road or the trail
• Add workouts from your TrainingPeaks workout library (TrainingPeaks Coach or Premium Athlete users only)
• Share your workouts on Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or IM
Then log into your TrainingPeaks.com account to perform deeper analysis of your training, upload workouts from over 90 devices, and plan your season using a training plan or a coach. If you don’t have a TrainingPeaks.com account yet, you can sign up within the app or visit TrainingPeaks.com.
• This app can be used on devices running Android 4.0 or higher
• You must have an internet connection, 3G or Wi-Fi, to use this app
"The Polar Beat acts like a personal trainer in your palm"
"...well designed user interface that looks pretty, and the functions work easily"
Polar Beat is at its best when used together with a Polar Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor. Polar Beat is a training and exercise app that goes beyond just recording workouts. It actually interprets your workout data, so you’ll know what your body has achieved and what to do to meet your goals more effectively.
For training indoors or out – Polar Beat works from running and cycling to gym sessions and weightlifting.
PLAN your training before you get started
- Choose a training target – maybe you want to burn calories* or beat a time or distance record
- Choose your activity – Polar Beat is suitable for any exercise, indoors or out
TRAIN at the right intensity
- Meet your training goals with the help of real-time graphical and voice guidance
- Stay at the right intensity for the most effective workout*
- Track your distance, pace and route while walking, running or cycling
- Listen to music while training
ANALYZE and understand your training session
- See what you achieved with each workout – for example, whether you improved endurance, increased your strength, or burned fat*
- Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels*
- Get the most accurate calorie tracking – even while exercising indoors*
- Re-live your routes on the map and get motivation from weekly summaries
SHARE your results with friends
- Keep your promises - or outdo others - and shout it out on Facebook and Twitter
* When used with the Polar H7 or H6 heart rate sensor. Please note: Polar Beat is designed to be used with Polar Bluetooth Smart sensors, and it's compatible with Android devices that support Bluetooth Smart. It is not compatible with other Polar heart rate sensors or wrist units, which use a different transmission technology.
Discover more about Polar Beat at www.polar.com/beat
Please note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.