Now it’s easy to keep up with the most important advances in the study, diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases. The Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (GIE) app, now available for your android tablets and smartphones brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap.
•Browse new issues and read new Articles in Press throughout the month, or jump to the featured articles with a tap!
•Download issues while reading: no need to wait
•Layouts and navigation get you to content you want more quickly and conveniently
•Interact with figures, tables, multimedia and supplementary content
•Personalize your experience with My Reading List, Notes, saved articles for offline reading, sharing articles via social media, emailing useful content
Journal Subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on GIE website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy publishes original, peer-reviewed articles on endoscopic procedures used in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of digestive diseases. Articles report on outcomes research, prospective studies, and controlled trials of new endoscopic instruments and treatment methods. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy has become the international forum for the newest developments in the specialty, bringing readers challenging reports from leading authorities throughout the world.
The app has three areas focused on education. The atlas gives an image and the diagnosis only. The quiz section has an image, a scenario followed by a multiple choice question. The Endoscopedia sectionhas the images, diagnosis , brief write up and references.
Enjoy while you learn!
DD Surgical: " Enhancing Surgical Education one app at a time"
The Colonoscopy Helper is the first smartphone app that provides a complete, step-by-step multi-media guidance for colonoscopy preparation. There are 13 reminders, spread over 10 days including reminders before and after the procedure. It navigates colonoscopy preparation with GPS-like precision with graphic illustrations, texts, and audio directions to ensure that the bowel prep is done just right. It also reminds important medication(s) that may need to be adjusted, held, and resumed at appropriate time and interval. Finally, it alerts important symptoms following colonoscopy that may require a prompt medical attention. Colonoscopy Helper is really a very helpful and essential companion to having colonoscopy examination.
Colonoscopy is an examination that enables a careful evaluation of the lining of the colon (large intestine) for abnormalities. It is performed by inserting a colonoscope which is made with a flexible tube with a camera at the end. During colonoscopy, this instrument is inserted into the anus and slowly advanced inside the colon. It is a test commonly utilized as a diagnostic tool in colon cancer screening. In addition to diagnosing colon cancer, colonoscopy is often used to evaluate gastrointestinal bleeding (GI bleeding), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's disease.
Available also in Spanish.
Visit www.colonoscopyhelper.com for more information.
U.S. Patent Pending: #61946014
Authors: Assoc. Prof. Radan Keil, M.D., Ph.D., Jan Stovicek M.D.
GI Endoscope Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, Motol Hospital, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
Edited by Roman Kerekes, M.D., REKESh Comp Ltd., Prague, CZ
- the app requires Internet connection, we recommend WiFi - cca 3 MB the videos must download completely before played !
- 170 annotated videos (January 2012) and growing
- once purchased, the database of videos loaded from our server is regularly updated and extended
IMPORTANT: in case of any technical issue please, DON'T RATE BAD, DON'T COMPLAIN IN REVIEWS but send us an email! We'll fix it ASAP!
NOTE: The size and quality of the video files are optimized and it's easy to download over a WiFi connection.
*** We currently support video for VGA (640x480), WVGA (800x480) and higher resolution displays.
Feel free to visit our endoscopy website WWW.ENDO3.EU for support. In case of any issue we respond to your emails quickly at email address firstname.lastname@example.org
All content copyright 2012-2013 REKESh Comp Ltd.
Learn all mcqs and then read book, it would be very easy for you.
+10 marks for right answer, -5 marks for wrong answer,0 marks for not attempting question.
It does contain minimum ads which don't interfere with the apk experience.
The applications is updated according to official communications and news about this disease.
* General information about the virus, including its history and origin.
* 3D visualization of the virus, with explanations for every component.
* Schematic 3D visualization about how the virus replicates once in the organism.
* Complete information about how the virus is transmitted, along with the symptoms detailed per day.
* Updated map about official infection detection.
* Advises to prevent infection.
* Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), mortality rate, information for travellers.
It will take place on October 6th to 9th, 2014 in Buenos Aires (Argentina). We would like to invite you to participate in the most important meeting of this medical specialty in the Americas which will bring together Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Digestive Endoscopy, GI Surgery, Nutrition and other related specialties.
SPED has experienced a significant growth at every edition and we believe the Gastro 2014 will be no exception. Our aim is to provide you with up-to-date knowledge in the above mentioned specialties which will surely be very valuable in your daily clinical practice. Additionally, we want to encourage the scientific interaction among the thousands of colleagues from the thriving community of specialists from the continent through the active participation of speakers and conference attendees.
In addition to our scientific goals, we would also like to invite you to get to know our history, places, sounds and everything else Argentina has to offer its distinguished guests while visiting the conference host city and the various places of interest in our country.
SPED will start on October 6th, 2014 with the traditional Course of the Inter-American Association of Gastroenterology (AIGE) and the Digestive Endoscopy Workshop organized by the Inter-American Society of Digestive Endoscopy (SIED). In the course of the next three days (October 7th to 9th), the program will include several different activities: Plenary Sessions, Symposiums, Discussion Forums, oral paper presentations, among others.
We will be delighted to welcome you at the Gastro 2014, hoping you will join us for this outstanding scientific and social program which will take place in our “Dear Buenos Aires”.
Dr. Horacio Rubio
President of SIED and of the
Pan-American Week of GI
Diseases 2014 - Endoscopy Dr. Julio C. Bai
President of AIGE and of the
Pan-American Week of GI
Diseases 2014 - Gastroenterology
App for mobile and tablet devices focused on the Endoscopy field, aimed at Nursing students and experts. Learn the basics of the use of the endoscope by means of realistic 3D models. The application includes the visualization of the endoscope handle and the distal end, a practical tutorial to learn how each component works, an interactive manual about the cleaning and maintenance protocol, and a complete set of ancillary equipment.
* Interactive 3D representation of the endoscope (handle and distal end). Theoretical explanation of its components.
* Endoscope handling tutorial. Practical explanation of its components.
* Interactive 3D visualization of 15 ancillary instruments.
* Video game about cleaning and maintenance of the endoscope.
Focus is on developing hand eye co-ordination and understanding of the tissue planes more than being dependent on the equipment for surgery.
Day Care surgery for laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomy & infertility related surgeries.
Details of the training program, short course and the Fellowship course at Akola available with regular updates on the course dates.
The app allows direct contact with the Endoscopy Centre for inquiry or suggestions.
Disclaimer : The app is meant for gynaecologists, surgeons, health care professionals, healthcare industry and those who understand the surgical concepts.
• Report your CME
• Access the American Family Physician and Family Practice Management journals
• Take journal quizzes
• Review Board Review practice questions
• Update your member account information and pay dues
• See latest news and blog briefs on issues related to family medicine
• View upcoming events and CME activities
• Examine up-to-date immunization recommendations
• Check out Student and Resident resources
Clinical Guidelines—Browse the top 25 most popular Committee Opinions
ACOG News—Get the latest need-to-know news affecting the ob-gyn specialty and women’s health, including news releases, daily alerts highlighting the day’s top stories, and weekly posts from the ACOG President’s Blog
Patient FAQs—A wide range of consumer fact sheets to help keep your patients healthy for a lifetime
Immunizations—A trusted and interactive source on immunization best practices
Pause Magazine—A consumer magazine and educational tool for your patients on everything they need to know about menopause
Annual Clinical Meeting—Up-to-date information on one of the largest scientific gatherings of ob-gyns
- AOA News – Brush up on the latest news about the osteopathic medical profession, including in-depth analyses of issues affecting osteopathic physicians and osteopathic medical students in The DO.
- JAOA—The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association – Read current issues of the AOA’s monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal, featuring osteopathic medical research.
- Find a DO – Quickly find an osteopathic physician in your area by searching by name, state, city, zip and/or medical specialty.
- CME Report – Access your latest continuing medical education report instantly.
- Contacts – Get in touch with the right person the first time using the AOA’s key contacts list.
- Partnerships – Take advantage of member benefits offered by the AOA: electronic health records, credit cards, payment processing, insurance, reference software, mobile services and car rentals.
- Advocacy – Learn how you can get involved or stay up-to-date on the AOA’s federal grassroots legislative efforts.
- Events – Browse through a complete list of current and future AOA events, including CME meetings and certification exams.
The workshop and the app offer a strategic view of key challenges facing publishing, education, and even membership executives – how to leverage your intellectual property to enhance communities among your members, and how these enhancements can improve society revenue streams. The app provides a description of the program, copies of the slide decks used in the presentations of the keynote speakers and panelists and of the case studies uses in the group exercises (along with the optimal solution for each of the case studies).
In addition the app presents results of the online survey sent to registrants immediately following the workshop, offering their candid assessment of what they benefited from and how the experience could have been enhanced. The workshop organizers also intend to use the app as a platform to continue to stay in touch with all workshop attendees, registrants and experts alike.
Target Audience for the Doody’s Digital Workshops and the app:
Executives from professional societies interested in learning and exploring best practices, tools, and strategies for developing educational programs and publications using digital technology will especially benefit from attending the workshop and downloading this app. This workshop was conceived by and planned with the help of executives from five societies—who understand the unique demands of creating and disseminating content within the association environment. The workshop and the app are intended to provide a collegial environment in which registrants will meet with, learn from, and interact with both experts and colleagues who are solving the same problems that they are facing.
In addition to the app, another byproduct of participating in the workshop will be lasting connections with association colleagues, something the organizers hope this app will also help foster. This workshop is offered to only a select number of society executives. Attendance is limited to encourage greater peer sharing and interaction. Registrants will be able to establish a network of contacts that they can tap into long after the workshop ends.
The workshop offers a blend of presentations from experts and hands-on learning with colleagues. Topics covered in both the workshop and the app include:
• Learning to collaborate with rather than compete with disruptive innovators that appeal to your members
• Helping your workforce adapt to new digital challenges
• Using breakthrough platforms to foster community building
• Understanding your communities through ethnographic research
• Strategies for “competing with free”
• What customers value and what they will pay for
The app will be the single source for all of the enduring materials from the meeting, as well as the platform that will allow for ongoing communication and updates to all workshop participants. The slide decks from the speeches and panel presentations contain valuable data and insights which can be shared with the registrants’ colleagues, as well as be cited in future business plans developed by registrants.
One of the best features of the app is the Meeting Highlights slide deck prepared by the organizers. This slide deck is intended to allow registrants to brief their colleagues when they return from the Workshop on the highlights from each of the presentations in an informal setting like a brown-bag lunch.
The app will also announce upcoming workshops for publishing staff and for society executives in the Doody’s Digital Workshop series.
CPS Monographs and Drug Choices are now offered as annual subscriptions. The CPS Monographs subscription is $349 per year, and Drug Choices is $179 per year, each with a 15-day free preview.