An App (EUS) dedicated to endoscopic ultrasound education has been developed by Drs Shyam Varadarajulu, Paul Fockens and Robert Hawes. This App is a “must-have” for all endoscopists, pulmonologists and gastroenterology/pulmonology trainees interested in EUS. The EUS App is available for free download in the Google Play Store.
The App is compatible for use with Android phones. The key features of the EUS App are
(1) Teaching videos (with audio) on how to perform Diagnostic EUS,
(2) Teaching videos (with audio) for Interventional EUS,
(3) Video Atlas (no audio) of common diseases (streamed from YouTube),
(4) Lecture slides: the iPhone and iPad can be connected to a projector and the slides be used for lectures,
(5) What is New in EUS: quarterly literature review on the latest developments in EUS,
(6) Cytopathology section: a dedicated video lecture teaching endosonographers how to process and interpret FNA specimens will be streamed from YouTube and lecture slides on EUS cytopathology,
(7) Educational Resources section: provides information on TNM cancer staging, role of antibiotics and anticoagulation in EUS-FNA/interventions and medication dosages for celiac plexus interventions and,
(8) Conferences: information on meetings dedicated to EUS.
This App is not a one-time development. It will be periodically updated and revised. Future developments will include sections dedicated to Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) and Updated videos and literature review.
Authors: Assoc. Prof. Radan Keil, M.D., Ph.D., Jan Stovicek M.D.
GI Endoscope Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, Motol Hospital, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
Edited by Roman Kerekes, M.D., REKESh Comp Ltd., Prague, CZ
- the app requires Internet connection, we recommend WiFi - cca 3 MB the videos must download completely before played !
- 170 annotated videos (January 2012) and growing
- once purchased, the database of videos loaded from our server is regularly updated and extended
IMPORTANT: in case of any technical issue please, DON'T RATE BAD, DON'T COMPLAIN IN REVIEWS but send us an email! We'll fix it ASAP!
NOTE: The size and quality of the video files are optimized and it's easy to download over a WiFi connection.
*** We currently support video for VGA (640x480), WVGA (800x480) and higher resolution displays.
Feel free to visit our endoscopy website WWW.ENDO3.EU for support. In case of any issue we respond to your emails quickly at email address email@example.com
All content copyright 2012-2013 REKESh Comp Ltd.
The app has three areas focused on education. The atlas gives an image and the diagnosis only. The quiz section has an image, a scenario followed by a multiple choice question. The Endoscopedia sectionhas the images, diagnosis , brief write up and references.
Enjoy while you learn!
DD Surgical: " Enhancing Surgical Education one app at a time"
This is the free Lite version of "Interactive CT and MRI Anatomy".
The function is restricted.
You can only see the transverse CT images of the head.
Please check the operation before purchasing the full version.
★ Details ★
This application is developed for medical students, interns, residents, doctors, nurses, and radiology technicians to understand the essential anatomical terms of the body.
You can learn anatomy by answering the terms by step-to-step questions using a total of 241 CT and MRI images.
A total of 17 images of 3D-CT, MRA and plain X-ray film(particularly the extremities) are included as references.
Other reference images include coronary artery segments defined by the American Heart Association(AHA), pulmonary segments, and liver segments(according to Couinaud classification).
You can enlarge all the images by simple manipulation.
★ Major functions ★
There are 4 major functions.
-1) Anatomical mode
Anatomical terms are overlaid on the images.
It can be used as the anatomical atlas.
-2) Quiz mode type 1
You select the part of the image by using anatomical term.
Questions will basically appear randomly.
-3) Quiz mode type 2
You select the anatomical term by the part of the image.
Questions will basically appear randomly.
You can find the specific images by using anatomical terms.
★ Intended users ★
-Interns and residents
-All those who are intrested in CT and MRI anatomy
★ Images(a total of 258 images) ★
Images basically include horizontal, coronal, and sagital planes.
-Head(36 images including CTA and 3D-CT)
-Spine(19 images including plain X-ray films)
-Chest(61 images including 3D-CT images)
-Abdomen (37 images)
-Pelves: male (9 images)
-Pelvis: female (11 images)
-Extremities (shoulder, hand, elbow, hip joint, knee, foot) (61 images including plain X-ray films)
Toshiaki Nitori, M.D. (Professor of Radiology, Kyorin University, School of Medicine)
Yasuo Sasaki, M.D. (Manager of diagnostic radiology, Iwate Prefectural Central Hospital)
• Report your CME
• Access the American Family Physician and Family Practice Management journals
• Take journal quizzes
• Review Board Review practice questions
• Update your member account information and pay dues
• See latest news and blog briefs on issues related to family medicine
• View upcoming events and CME activities
• Examine up-to-date immunization recommendations
• Check out Student and Resident resources
Clinical Guidelines—Browse the top 25 most popular Committee Opinions
ACOG News—Get the latest need-to-know news affecting the ob-gyn specialty and women’s health, including news releases, daily alerts highlighting the day’s top stories, and weekly posts from the ACOG President’s Blog
Patient FAQs—A wide range of consumer fact sheets to help keep your patients healthy for a lifetime
Immunizations—A trusted and interactive source on immunization best practices
Pause Magazine—A consumer magazine and educational tool for your patients on everything they need to know about menopause
Annual Clinical Meeting—Up-to-date information on one of the largest scientific gatherings of ob-gyns
- AOA News – Brush up on the latest news about the osteopathic medical profession, including in-depth analyses of issues affecting osteopathic physicians and osteopathic medical students in The DO.
- JAOA—The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association – Read current issues of the AOA’s monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal, featuring osteopathic medical research.
- Find a DO – Quickly find an osteopathic physician in your area by searching by name, state, city, zip and/or medical specialty.
- CME Report – Access your latest continuing medical education report instantly.
- Contacts – Get in touch with the right person the first time using the AOA’s key contacts list.
- Partnerships – Take advantage of member benefits offered by the AOA: electronic health records, credit cards, payment processing, insurance, reference software, mobile services and car rentals.
- Advocacy – Learn how you can get involved or stay up-to-date on the AOA’s federal grassroots legislative efforts.
- Events – Browse through a complete list of current and future AOA events, including CME meetings and certification exams.
The workshop and the app offer a strategic view of key challenges facing publishing, education, and even membership executives – how to leverage your intellectual property to enhance communities among your members, and how these enhancements can improve society revenue streams. The app provides a description of the program, copies of the slide decks used in the presentations of the keynote speakers and panelists and of the case studies uses in the group exercises (along with the optimal solution for each of the case studies).
In addition the app presents results of the online survey sent to registrants immediately following the workshop, offering their candid assessment of what they benefited from and how the experience could have been enhanced. The workshop organizers also intend to use the app as a platform to continue to stay in touch with all workshop attendees, registrants and experts alike.
Target Audience for the Doody’s Digital Workshops and the app:
Executives from professional societies interested in learning and exploring best practices, tools, and strategies for developing educational programs and publications using digital technology will especially benefit from attending the workshop and downloading this app. This workshop was conceived by and planned with the help of executives from five societies—who understand the unique demands of creating and disseminating content within the association environment. The workshop and the app are intended to provide a collegial environment in which registrants will meet with, learn from, and interact with both experts and colleagues who are solving the same problems that they are facing.
In addition to the app, another byproduct of participating in the workshop will be lasting connections with association colleagues, something the organizers hope this app will also help foster. This workshop is offered to only a select number of society executives. Attendance is limited to encourage greater peer sharing and interaction. Registrants will be able to establish a network of contacts that they can tap into long after the workshop ends.
The workshop offers a blend of presentations from experts and hands-on learning with colleagues. Topics covered in both the workshop and the app include:
• Learning to collaborate with rather than compete with disruptive innovators that appeal to your members
• Helping your workforce adapt to new digital challenges
• Using breakthrough platforms to foster community building
• Understanding your communities through ethnographic research
• Strategies for “competing with free”
• What customers value and what they will pay for
The app will be the single source for all of the enduring materials from the meeting, as well as the platform that will allow for ongoing communication and updates to all workshop participants. The slide decks from the speeches and panel presentations contain valuable data and insights which can be shared with the registrants’ colleagues, as well as be cited in future business plans developed by registrants.
One of the best features of the app is the Meeting Highlights slide deck prepared by the organizers. This slide deck is intended to allow registrants to brief their colleagues when they return from the Workshop on the highlights from each of the presentations in an informal setting like a brown-bag lunch.
The app will also announce upcoming workshops for publishing staff and for society executives in the Doody’s Digital Workshop series.
CPS Monographs and Drug Choices are now offered as annual subscriptions. The CPS Monographs subscription is $349 per year, and Drug Choices is $179 per year, each with a 15-day free preview.