Finally!!! Google search is terrible at searching local content and oddly enough the app drawer has no search feature. This gives you fast and accurate launchy style app searches one swipe away. Solves an embarrassing android shortcoming. However, the widget is hideous :)
Could Use a better widget, which doesn't open a new window on interaction. Cannot find non English strings because the app cannot normalize capitalized letters in their names, e.g. Привет can only be found using "ивет" but not "П". Fix it!
Hands down my most used apl After my home screen, this is the most used app I have. After having it I shudder to think how I could launch apps anyway else! 10 stars! Just wish there were more updates and more features, a la Linux Zeitgeist
One of the best time savers We often times take for granted we will find the application we are looking for but the reality is that we will just waste time swiping back and forth. This application has saved me thousands of seconds that I would have otherwise wasted swiping. Those thousands of seconds would have become months of my life wasted doing nothing, just like it happens when we wait for a video to load or an old PC to boot. This application is a priceless shortcut.
Great app launcher Perfect for users of Alfred or Quicksilver. You just open Quickdroid and type in the app you'd like to open. I use this with Nova Launcher,and I've set up a double tap on the homescreen which opens Quickdroid. I haven't used my app drawer in months.
Suggestion Allow to set priority between apps / contacts etc... As opposed to just on or off. For example, if apps are set at top priority, apps will always show above contact results, even if contact results produce a stronger match.
- Launch Quickdroid even faster by swiping up from the navigation bar
- Optionally search for contacts in all groups: Settings -> Contacts -> Contact groups
- Long-press on items to create home screen shortcuts
- Preference option to remove Quickdroid from the back stack
- Preference option to exit Quickdroid by pressing the back key once even if the soft keyboard is visible
- Learning aptitude: Give the user's favorite items a high ranking within the search results