La traviata is an opera in three acts by Giuseppe Verdi set to an Italian libretto by Francesco Maria Piave. It is based on La dame aux Camélias (1852), a play adapted from the novel by Alexandre Dumas, fils. The title La traviata means literally The Fallen Woman, or perhaps more figuratively, The Woman Who Strayed. It was originally entitled Violetta, after the main character.
Piave and Verdi wanted to follow Dumas in giving the opera a contemporary setting, but the authorities at La Fenice insisted that it be set in the past, "c. 1700". It was not until the 1880s that the composer and librettist's original wishes were carried out and "realistic" productions were staged.
Place: Paris and its vicinity
Time: Beginning of the 18th century
* Act 1 - (Alfredo, Violetta)
* Act 1 - (Alfredo, Violetta)
* Act 1 - (Violetta)
* Act 1 - (Violetta, Alfredo)
* Act 2 - (jereumong)
* Act 3 - (Violetta)
* Act 3 - (Alfredo, Violetta)
- Joan Sutherland (Violetta Valéry)
- Miti Truccato Pace (Flora Bervoix)
- Dora Carral (Annina)
- Carlo Bergonzi (Alfredo Germont)
- Robert Merril (Giorgio Germont)
- Piero de Palma (Gastone)
- Paolo Pedani (Barone Douphol)
- Silvio Maionica (Marchesse d'Obigny)
- Giovanni Foiani (Dottore Grenvil)
- Angelo Mercuriali (Guiseppe)
- Tereno Meridionale (Domestico di Flora)
- Mario Frosini (Commissionario)
- Sir John Pritchard (conductor)
- Orchestra e Coro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
The opera uses an orchestra with the following instrumentation:
2 flutes (fl. 2 doubling piccolo), 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, cimbasso, timpani, cymbals, bass drum, triangle, strings
Banda: 2 piccolos, A-flat piccolo clarinet, E-flat clarinet, 2 B-flat clarinets, 2 horns, flugelhorn, 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, tambourine, bass drum, castanets, harp, 2 double bass
[La Traviata 1/4]
1. Prelude [3:54]
2. ACT ONE Dell'invito trascorsa è già l'ora (Coro) [4:57]
3. Libiamo ne'lieti calici (Alfredo) [2:57]
4. Che è ciò? (Tutti) [2:20]
5. Un dì felice, eterea...Si ridesta in ciel l'aurora (Alfredo) [6:27]
6. E strano! - Ah, fors'è lui (Violetta) [7:02]
7. Follie! Delirio vano è questo! - Sempre libera (Violetta) [4:58 ]
[La Traviata 2/4]
1. ACT TWO Scene 1 Lunge da lei per me non v'ha diletto (Alfredo) [1:48]
2. De' miei bollenti spiriti...Annina, donde vieni? (Alfredo) [2:47]
3. O mio rimorso!...Alfredo? (Alfredo) [6:53]
4. Pura, siccome un angelo...Un dì, quando le veneri (Germont) [7:07]
5. Dite alla giovine...Non amarlo ditegli (Violetta) [9:46]
6. Dammi tu forza, o ciel!...Ah, vive sol quel core (Violetta) [6:33 ]
7. Di Provenza il mar...Né risponde d'un padre... (Germont) [4:39]
8. No, non udrai rimproveri (Germont) [3:40]
[La Traviata 3/4]
1. Scene 2 Avrem lieta di maschere la notte...Di Madridi (Flora) [6:31]
2. Alfredo! Voi!...Or tutti a me...Ogni suo aver (Tutti) [8:18]
3. Di sprezzo degno...Alfredo, Alfredo, di questo core (Germont) [6:27]
[La Traviata 4/4]
1. ACT THREE Prelude. Annina? Comandate? (Violetta) [8:06]
2. Tenesta la promessa - Attendo, né a me giungon mai - Addio del passato (Violetta) [8:17]
3. Largo a quadrupede (Coro de maschere) [0:48]
4. Signora... Che t'accade?...Parigi, o cara (Annina, Violetta) [1:47]
5. Parigi, o cara...Ah! Gran Dio! (Alfredo) [9:50]
6. Ah, Violetta!...Se una pudica vergine (Germont) [6:12]
In this app you will find free opera music from the best classical composers like Giacomo Puccini, Georges Bizet, Giuseppe Verdi and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Some of the most famous classical music composers of all time composed famous operas like La Boheme, Carmen, Rigoletto and The Marriage of Figaro. If you need some relaxing music, download this opera app and listen to the best opera arias of all time.
Western classical music has its roots in early Christian music, first influences dates back to the Ancient Greeks but developed with more modern day musical instruments.
Influences and styles are divided in to four main classical music periods:
- Early period, that includes Medieval music 500–1400 and Renaissance music 1400–1600.
- Common practice period, that includes Baroque music 1600–1750, Classical 1750–1830
- Romantic music period 1804–1949
- Modern classical music 1900–2000 and contemporary period 1975–current.
Most modern popular music uses the common song form, while classical music uses more sophisticated forms like concerto, symphony, sonata, suite, opera and others.
Get Best Famous Opera Arias free app for Android now, you can choose to download opera music to your phone or stream music online!
In this free android app you will be streaming classical music online, so you will need to have Internet access (WiFi recommended) in order to listen to Best Famous Opera Arias. However, there is an option to download classical music that you like to your phone, this way you can listen to classical music from this app even when you don’t have Internet access.
As an option you may also create your own classical music playlist with your favorite composers and music.
This app consists of opera music mp3 only!
The app includes complete list of works by Johann Sebastian Bach, according to BWV catalogue, with videos and free scores for almost every composition! If you love Bach's music, then you should install this app to have an instant access to every sheet, wrote by Bach! Yes, there is free Bach's sheet music inside!
App also features information about composer; you can also easily search the whole catalogue and navigate throught the ~1100 works, grouping compositions the way you wish! Download the scores from IMSLP via internal download manager and easily access them any time! Database is continiously update, so don't forget to check for new videos and scores.
Please rate this app and share it with your friends - it will help this project a lot!
If you have any ideas, comments or questions about program - feel free to send me an email!
If you have noticed any error in composition description, or if Youtube link is wrong - please, use "Report an error" option. This will help us quickly fix it!
Applications doesn't include any audio/video materials or sheets of compositions - it just provides a link to external websites (Youtube and IMSLP) with these files. Please, refer to disclaimers on these websites. For any copyright questions please contact the website's owner.
The Augmented Reality (AR) allows to "increase" images and objects with the digital contents: links, videos, presentations, links to the e-commerce platform and much more! WINTRADE AR will be the key for the access to a richer and nicer universe, inclusive and multimedia, in which you can promote your products and services.
PAY ATTENTION: the application has a demonstrative aim. To learn more about the procedure to apply the Augmented Reality to the products and services of your Company, contact us: email@example.com- 045 8002116 - www.wintrade.it .