A PRTG Mobile Probe sees your network from the mobile perspective and provides you monitoring data from just this point of view. You can review the monitoring results in PRTG Network Monitor’s web interface, as well as the most recent results directly on the PRTG Mobile Probe.
Features currently include:
* Monitoring WiFi coverage
* Performing pings to other devices or services from the mobile point of view
* Monitoring loading times of webpages via HTTP from the mobile point of view
* Monitoring environmental data such as light intensity, temperature, pressure, or humidity, depending on available measuring components on your Android device
* Showing location of the device (OS 2.3 or later) and its battery status
Requirements and Setup:
* You need to run an installation of PRTG Network Monitor version 13.4.7 or later.
* Your Android device should be configured to not turn WiFi off when it sleeps.
* The PRTG Core Server must be accessible from the network your device is connected to.
* Under "Setup | System Administration | Probes", you will need to enter either "any" or an appropriate IP range under "Allow IPs" and the “Small Probes” setting must be set to allow Small Probes to connect. Please note that we do not recommend relying on a VPN!
* Link up the Mobile Probe with your PRTG webserver by providing its address and access key.
* Acknowledge the new probe connection in PRTG’s web interface and create corresponding sensors for the mobile probe.
* For location monitoring you need OS 2.3 or later.
* Sometimes the countdown timer forgets how much time is remaining. It will be fixed in a future release.
* Certain devices are very aggressive about putting the WiFi radio to sleep. Please let us know if you see gaps in the results - we're still looking for a good solution.
For more information about PRTG Mobile Probe, please refer to our blog article and contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
# Runs as a system service on your Android device
# Quick Overview in Taskbar: OK / Warnings / Errors
# Detailed Overview for actual alarms in status bar
# Choose your own alarm tone (from ring tones)
# Turn on/off accoustic alarms
# Turn on/off android system-mute override
# Turn on/off vibration alarm
# Turn on/off 'Skip warnings' if you do not use them
# Turn on/off 'Warning alerts' like Errors
# Shortcuts to all Alarms, acknowledged alarms and Warnings
# Adjust Checking Interval (1,2,3,5,10 Minutes)
# Very small amount of bandwith usage! Great with Roaming!
Same functionality as in LITE-Version plus:
+ Passwords are masked and not clear-text shown
+ Every SSL-Cert is accepted - even self-signed ones
+ Service is not limited to 1 Hour of monitoring
+ Enter die ID of your PRTG Tree if you do not want to monitor whole prtg!
You see, LITE-Edition is ideal for service time windows.
If you like our app it would be great if you purchase the Pro-Edition!
Relax and let MONDroid to check your PRTG automatically.