A PRTG Mobile Probe sees your network from the mobile perspective and provides you monitoring data from just this point of view. You can review the monitoring results in PRTG Network Monitor’s web interface, as well as the most recent results directly on the PRTG Mobile Probe.
Features currently include:
* Monitoring WiFi coverage
* Performing pings to other devices or services from the mobile point of view
* Monitoring loading times of webpages via HTTP from the mobile point of view
* Monitoring environmental data such as light intensity, temperature, pressure, or humidity, depending on available measuring components on your Android device
* Showing location of the device (OS 2.3 or later) and its battery status
Requirements and Setup:
* You need to run an installation of PRTG Network Monitor version 13.4.7 or later.
* Your Android device should be configured to not turn WiFi off when it sleeps.
* The PRTG Core Server must be accessible from the network your device is connected to.
* Under "Setup | System Administration | Probes", you will need to enter either "any" or an appropriate IP range under "Allow IPs" and the “Small Probes” setting must be set to allow Small Probes to connect. Please note that we do not recommend relying on a VPN!
* Link up the Mobile Probe with your PRTG webserver by providing its address and access key.
* Acknowledge the new probe connection in PRTG’s web interface and create corresponding sensors for the mobile probe.
* For location monitoring you need OS 2.3 or later.
* Sometimes the countdown timer forgets how much time is remaining. It will be fixed in a future release.
* Certain devices are very aggressive about putting the WiFi radio to sleep. Please let us know if you see gaps in the results - we're still looking for a good solution.
For more information about PRTG Mobile Probe, please refer to our blog article and contact us via email@example.com.
OID1 will be graphed in green (download) and OID2 will be graphed in blue.
For this app to work, you need:
1. The router must support SNMP v2 and SNMP is enabled.
2. The router IP address, like 192.168.1.1
3. The Get community password of the router, usually “public”.
To start monitor an interface in the router, go to settings, and enter the Host, Port and the Community.
Then click on the menu and choose 'Scan Router's Interfaces' to scan all the available interfaces in the router and then select one.
I use this app to monitor the PPP interface (the internet) of my LinkSys ADSL router to get a real feeling of how the internet is utilized in my LAN.
# Runs as a system service on your Android device
# Quick Overview in Taskbar: OK / Warnings / Errors
# Detailed Overview for actual alarms in status bar
# Choose your own alarm tone (from ring tones)
# Turn on/off accoustic alarms
# Turn on/off android system-mute override
# Turn on/off vibration alarm
# Turn on/off 'Skip warnings' if you do not use them
# Turn on/off 'Warning alerts' like Errors
# Shortcuts to all Alarms, acknowledged alarms and Warnings
# Adjust Checking Interval (1,2,3,5,10 Minutes)
# Very small amount of bandwith usage! Great with Roaming!
Same functionality as in LITE-Version plus:
+ Passwords are masked and not clear-text shown
+ Every SSL-Cert is accepted - even self-signed ones
+ Service is not limited to 1 Hour of monitoring
+ Enter die ID of your PRTG Tree if you do not want to monitor whole prtg!
You see, LITE-Edition is ideal for service time windows.
If you like our app it would be great if you purchase the Pro-Edition!
Relax and let MONDroid to check your PRTG automatically.
G-NetWifi can be used in outdoor and in indoor environment with loading of floorplans.
The main features of G-NetWiFi are:
- measuring of WiFi network parameters
- logging of measured values in text and kml files
- displaying measured values on map view
- loading of cellfile and displaying WiFi access points and serving cell line on map view
- auto connect to best configured WiFi - in Settings - Other
Get G-NetWiFi Pro version:
Google Play: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnetwifipro
G-NetWiFi Pro - additional features:
- WiFi scan logging
- Data test (ping, upload, download)
- Data sequence
- Scan only configured WiFi
- Change WiFi AP color
- Extended kml export
- Change level legend colors
- Change log parameters (distance, time)
- Predefined routes load
- Auto add new WiFi AP to cellfile
- Import/export app settings
- Extended text logging
- Change app folder
- Log reduction factor
2.1. WIFI Tab
WIFI tab shows network and geographical information.
2.2 SCAN Tab
SCAN tab shows information about neighbor WIFI AP measurements. It consists of two tables:
You can change the chart to show all WiFi or only configured WiFi via the button under the chart.
2.3 MAP tab
MAP tab shows geographical view of the measurements and WiFi access points
2.4 INFO tab
The INFO tab provides miscellaneous information.
2.5 DRIVE tab
DRIVE tab represent the main serving AP information in comfortable format with big font letters
Create cellfile and put it into folder G_NetWiFi_Logs/cellfile.
Here is a sample cellfile: http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/downloads/G-NetWiFi/cellfile.txt
How to use indoor mode:
1. Go to Settings and activate INDOOR MODE
2. On Map the button [Set Point] and center point will appear
3. Point your current location on the map center and press [Set Point] - a marker will appear on the map
4. Move to the next point. Center map on it and press [Set Point] - several new markers (one for each second) will appear connecting previous and current location
5. Go through the route putting points when you change direction.
6. You can clear the markers using [CLR] button
AUTO INDOOR mode allows auto filling of measurement points when the GPS fix is not available like in tunnels or on places with bad GPS reception.
AUTO INDOOR mode works only when the log is active.
If INDOOR mode is selected AUTO INDOOR mode is not activated.
How to use it:
1. Enable AUTO INDOOR mode in Settings.
2. Choose threshold for GPS validity
3. Start log.
4. When you enter the tunnel and lose GPS fix the GPS writing on upper right corner of MAP tab will color in blue which means that AUTO INDOOR mode is active and measurements are collected.
5. When you go out of the tunnel and GPS fix is valid the values for GPS accuracy and time are colored in green, the exiting point is auto set and the missing measurements between entering and exiting point are shown on the map and filled in the log.
How to load floorplans:
1. In folder G_NetWiFi_Logs/floorplan put the floorplan images and create text index file (index.txt) with rows for each image and following content (tab delimited)
imagename longitudeSW latitudeSW longitudeNE latitudeNE
where SW and NE are South - West corner and North - East corner.
2. Go to Menu - Load Floorplan. The floorplans will be shown on map and you can change the floor with the help of the Floor button - next to CLR button
Here you can download floorplan sample: http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/downloads/G-NetTrack/floorplan.rar