Arko hopes to address the need of every Filipino to more information during times of major rains and flooding. By accessing the extensive databases of Project NOAH and DOST, Arko can give the user up-to-the-minute updates on rainfall and other weather conditions near you or wherever you choose.
• Flood Mapping: Using data from previous floods (like Ondoy), Arko will show you which areas are prone to flooding so you can avoid them, or designate a safe zone where evacuees can go to during floods.
• Remote Monitoring: Arko can allow you to check on how flooding and/or rainfall is in other areas. Perfect for those who worry if a family member, loved one or friend is doing fine despite the weather.
• Weather Advisory: By connecting with Project NOAH, PAGASA and DOST's various weather monitoring facilities, Arko can give you updates on the weather. It can even give you a good estimate on whether it will rain or not, based on the data it gets.
Arko was developed by the Mobile Team of Pointwest Technologies Corporation, in cooperation with Project NOAH and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) of the Republic of the Philippines.
• Get alerts when it is about to rain within 4 hours in your city or town
• Get real-time alerts when there are class or work suspensions in your location (coming soon!)
• Add multiple locations of interest to the exact city (more locations will be added)
• Get the most accurate information coming from DOST’s Project NOAH utilizing 700+ of the most advanced
The IM Ready Mobile App provides you accurate and up-to-the-minute information on:
• Traffic Situations
• Earthquakes and other Geohazards
• Road Hazards
• Fire Emergencies
• Class Suspensions
• Power Interruptions
• Oil Price Hikes and Rollbacks
• … and many more.
Powered by GMA News and Public Affairs and GMA New Media, IM Ready integrates data from The Weather Company, Project NOAH-ClimateX, PAGASA, MMDA, and Waze – Google’s community traffic and GPS navigation system. Information in an instant… all just a click away.
Make preparedness a part of your lifestyle with IMReady!
Visit us: www.imready.ph
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/imreadyph
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/imreadyph
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/imreadyph
Join our growing IMReady Waze Community and connect with other users:
1. Click MyWaze.
2. Select Groups.
3. Click “+” for IMReady.
Please rate this app. It can only get updated and serve you better if I get feedback.
More from developer
Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.
This mobile app was developed by Rolly Rulete in cooperation with Project NOAH and with the partnership of Smart Communications, Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMART DevNet). Content and data come from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and its participating agencies.
Project NOAH’s (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contours, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan, Tampakan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges, Tide Levels)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost the same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
keywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, NDRRMC, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, SMART, SMART DevNet