Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in areas prone to flooding with the ability to receive flood and flash flood watches and warning alerts based on their location from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most
• Be ready should a flood hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a flood hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your flood knowledge
• Know the difference between a warning and alert
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Copyright © 2014 The American National Red Cross
Arko hopes to address the need of every Filipino to more information during times of major rains and flooding. By accessing the extensive databases of Project NOAH and DOST, Arko can give the user up-to-the-minute updates on rainfall and other weather conditions near you or wherever you choose.
• Flood Mapping: Using data from previous floods (like Ondoy), Arko will show you which areas are prone to flooding so you can avoid them, or designate a safe zone where evacuees can go to during floods.
• Remote Monitoring: Arko can allow you to check on how flooding and/or rainfall is in other areas. Perfect for those who worry if a family member, loved one or friend is doing fine despite the weather.
• Weather Advisory: By connecting with Project NOAH, PAGASA and DOST's various weather monitoring facilities, Arko can give you updates on the weather. It can even give you a good estimate on whether it will rain or not, based on the data it gets.
Arko was developed by the Mobile Team of Pointwest Technologies Corporation, in cooperation with Project NOAH and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) of the Republic of the Philippines.
• Get alerts when it is about to rain within 4 hours in your city or town
• Get real-time alerts when there are class or work suspensions in your location (coming soon!)
• Add multiple locations of interest to the exact city (more locations will be added)
• Get the most accurate information coming from DOST’s Project NOAH utilizing 700+ of the most advanced
A simple flood early warning system to save lives and property. "Nepal Flood Alert" is an app that -
* Provides you an early warning notification/alarm on any flood possibility
* Enables you to constantly monitor the water level readings provided by multiple water stations established throughout the country
* Enables you to constantly monitor flow and trend of the rivers
* Personalize notifications according to your region or even current location (needs GPS)
* Has Nepali language support
Please do rate and comment, you contribution can help develop the app and save thousands of lives. Don't miss to share. :-)
Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.
This mobile app was developed by Rolly Rulete in cooperation with Project NOAH and with the partnership of Smart Communications, Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMART DevNet). Content and data come from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and its participating agencies.
Project NOAH’s (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contours, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan, Tampakan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges, Tide Levels)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost the same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
keywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, NDRRMC, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, SMART, SMART DevNet