Please install my another application "directory".
And you can edit only file which is /sdcard/.../*.txt.
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file and now backup and restore hosts files. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
The Gold (paid) version has the same feature set as the free version. This is a way to donate back.
The backup files are stored in XMl format defined as follows:
Hosts manager application helping developers willing to modify their /etc/hosts (/system/etc/hosts) file easily.
This could be very useful if you need to test your app on a specific server via its IP.
Apps having root access are critical and their sources should be available.
This app is 100% free and the source code is available on GitHub!
* Best Hosts Editor app on the Play Store
* Blazing fast
* Holo theme
* Android 2.2 and above
* Free and Open Source!
* Support symlinks
* No ads
* Compatible IPv6
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
This is has the same functionality as the Gold version. The Gold version is just a way to donate.
This app will allow you to edit, delete and create entries on the hosts file in your Android phone with root!
The hosts file is a computer file used by an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses. The hosts file is one of several system facilities that assists in addressing network nodes in a computer network. It is a common part of an operating system's Internet Protocol (IP) implementation, and serves the function of translating human-friendly hostnames into numeric protocol addresses, called IP addresses, that identify and locate a host in an IP network.
If you dont know what root is check this out : androidcentral.com/root
Some cool features :
* New app design!, it's pleasant to use and beautiful to watch!
* Blazing fast!, this app is fast, almost no wait when loading and saving your host file!
* Search integrated!, no addons, no in-app purchases, the search option it's full featured since the first day!
* Backups!, it allows you make backups, substitute and append new hosts files to your actual hostfile!
* No ads and funky permissions!, We believe that providing clear use of permissions and keeping the privacy of our users its mandatory.
Thanks for downloading!
Since Hex Editor is quite a versatile tool it is not possible to describe all variants of it's use. Use your fantasy;-)
This is a tool for engineers. If You don't know what for use it - please DO NOT INSTALL and DO NOT RATE this app.
Please note that this application has been thought of, programmed, developed, designed (and so on) by one single, 19 year old student.
Be so fair not to give 1-star rating because you encounter bugs, spelling mistakes or don't understand what this app is for.
If you got any suggestions, bug-reports or anything else, I'd be happy to receive a message from you.
Hex Pirate is a lightweight, easy-to-use Hex-, Binary-, Octal- & ASCII-Reader (Editing functions coming soon) for Android.
- No root required
- Open files from your device or SD-card
- Display the data as hexadecimal, binary, octal or ASCII-representation
- 2 data-representations are display simultaneously
- check the MD5-Hash & file-size
- performance-tweaks (currently WIP)
- decimal, different unicode-formats etc.
- hex comparison-feature
See Menu -> Help.
Big screen should have worked now. At lease will not FC.
However I don't have an actual unit, please email me
screenshots if there is any error.
★features of Jota+
- Support multi-file feature.
- Support 1 million characters.
- Support many character codes and Auto-Detect feature.
- Search/Replace (Support Regular Expression)
- Highlight searching words.
- Supoort font customize. (Proportional / MonoSpace / ttf,otf font )
- Support Install-shortcut feature.
- Auto save.
- Show Line numbers.
- Show Tab/Linebreak mark.
- Count characters/words/lines.
- Customizable Toolbar.
And it's custimizable.
- Customizable Fixed Phrase management.
- Clipboard management.
- Built in file browser with bookmark management.
- Free Wallpaper by Non Miyabi. http://sites.google.com/site/nonsillustgallery/
- Detect file modification.
- Support physical-keyboard devices.
- Support BlueTooth Keyboard.
- Safe app without any evil permission requests.
- Support many kinds of Cloud Storage Services. ( Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive etc...)
- Support multi window feature for Samsung devices.
★FREE version is for trial, so some features are locked.
But you can use free version as a Text editor with sufficient capabilities
You can buy PRO-KEY app from Google Play to unlock extra features.
★For donors of Jota Text Editor (with Google Play Store).
The support for donors has been finished.
▼Google Analytics and Mobile Ads are built into the app.
You can opt-out Google Analytics. (see menu-preferences-misc)
We prohibit the distribution of Jota+ on places other than Google Play.
It has been confirmed that the pirated app mixed malware has been distributed.
And we do not provide support to pirated apps.
Please be careful.
▼We don't reply to anything on Review Comments.
If you have troubles or suggestions, send us an email.
Q. Can't save on external SD card.
A. Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later doesn't support to write on external SD card.
Save it on internal storage, or use cloud storage.
Q. I can't find my file in file browser.
A. Please check off "Text File Only" in side menu.
Q. I baught PRO-KEY, but couldn't activate.
A. Try following...
Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and logged into Google.
Confirm that PRO-KEY is installed in System Settings.
Click Menu - Preferences - Activate PRO-KEY.
reboot the device and start Jota+.
uninstall and re-install Jota+ or PRO-KEY.
- If you have troubles with the activation, please send an email to the developer.
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- read the contents of your USB storage
for loading/saving to internal storage.
- full network access
- view network connections
for mobile ads.
- install shortcut
for installing a shortcut of the file onto Home app.
(c) 2012-2014, Aquamarine Networks.
SmartHost Android could help you check and fetch latest hosts file to walk around network blocking by GFW in China.
- Auto check latest hosts file update.
- Select hosts entries that you just needed.
- Easily switch to your original hosts file or clean hosts file.
✭Cannot save hosts?
If you cannot save hosts，(/etc/hosts is not changed after saving), please use Root Explorer or ES Explorer to mount /system folder to read/write state.
Support Official App v1.8.3 or later.
3rd-party Client, e.g. Seesmic(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.seesmic)
Support Apps that support SSL connection. For example Plume, Seesmic.
Currently Twitter is not able to be visited by modifying hosts file. Please consider other way to get around GFW, e.g. goAgent.
Can open web pages and App, but cannot watch video.
How to use Adfree
SmartHosts could live with other hosts modifier Apps, like Adfree Android (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bigtincan.android.adfree).
1. Download and apply other Apps to modify hosts.
2. Start SmartHosts and it will detected and save your hosts file to "Original hosts" file.
3. Click "Check Update" or "Apply SmartHosts" button.
4. In "Select hosts sections" screen, make sure "Original hosts" is checked.
5. Click save and the "Original hosts" will be merged automatically.
If your hosts file size is too big, SmartHosts might crash because not enough memory. We have provided an slim version of ad free hosts (https://freehosts.sinaapp.com/android_adfree_hosts). Please download manually and paste it to \"Original hosts\" via built-in hosts editor.
hosts file is maintain by open source project http://code.google.com/p/smarthosts.
For any connectivity problem caused by hosts file, please report to smarthosts project.
two panel interface;
basic file operation like editing, copying and renaming;
searching files and directories;
viewing files and directories;
viewing large file;
searching inside files;
extracting/viewing existed archives or creating new;
integration with cloud storages;
and many other actions.
Far On Droid file manager is inspired by these old school file managers like FAR Manager or Midnight Commander.
****UPDATE COMING SOON****
The new update will cover the following issue/s.
- Font sizes for larger screens to be fixed
If you do have the following issue please be patient as it will soon be resolved.
A programmer’s calculator that converts input to and from HEXADECIMAL, BINARY and DECIMAL.
It uses Bit-wise functions such as AND, OR, SHIFT RIGHT and SHIFT LEFT.
All this compiled into a sleek and easy to use interface.
This application REQUIRES ROOT access to allow you to edit your build.prop file in the /system directory.
If the changes you make are not compatible with your device you could cause it not to boot.
Busybox needs to be installed to use this app as well. I recommend this BusyBox installer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox
With this app you can view and edit your build.prop file. This file is a configuration file that lets you change various components of the Android system such as the LCD screen density (ro.sf.lcd_density).
After you make any changes to your build prop you need to reboot the device for those changes to take effect.
On the initial application launch PO Prop Editor will create an original copy of your build.prop file in the /system directory called build.prop.orig in the /system directory so you can always go back to the beginning.
Every time you save a build.prop file it will create a build.prop.bak in the /system directory so you can go back to that.
build prop buildprop
You can link by push big size valsi
You can use hardware back button to back to previous search.
Please push menu button and go to setting and make check box on.
You can select orientation: auto, portrait or landscape from menu