Please install my another application "directory".
And you can edit only file which is /sdcard/.../*.txt.
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file and now backup and restore hosts files. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
The Gold (paid) version has the same feature set as the free version. This is a way to donate back.
The backup files are stored in XMl format defined as follows:
Please note that this application has been thought of, programmed, developed, designed (and so on) by one single, 19 year old student.
Be so fair not to give 1-star rating because you encounter bugs, spelling mistakes or don't understand what this app is for.
If you got any suggestions, bug-reports or anything else, I'd be happy to receive a message from you.
Hex Pirate is a lightweight, easy-to-use Hex-, Binary-, Octal- & ASCII-Reader (Editing functions coming soon) for Android.
- No root required
- Open files from your device or SD-card
- Display the data as hexadecimal, binary, octal or ASCII-representation
- 2 data-representations are display simultaneously
- check the MD5-Hash & file-size
- performance-tweaks (currently WIP)
- decimal, different unicode-formats etc.
- hex comparison-feature
See Menu -> Help.
Big screen should have worked now. At lease will not FC.
However I don't have an actual unit, please email me
screenshots if there is any error.
hex to dec, hex to decimal, hex to bin, hex to binary, bin converter, ascii code, binary to decimal,
hexadecimal converter, decimal converter, decimal to binary
Hosts manager application helping developers willing to modify their /etc/hosts (/system/etc/hosts) file easily.
This could be very useful if you need to test your app on a specific server via its IP.
Apps having root access are critical and their sources should be available.
This app is 100% free and the source code is available on GitHub!
* Best Hosts Editor app on the Play Store
* Blazing fast
* Holo theme
* Android 2.2 and above
* Free and Open Source!
* Support symlinks
* No ads
* Compatible IPv6
This app will allow you to edit, delete and create entries on the hosts file in your Android phone with root!
The hosts file is a computer file used by an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses. The hosts file is one of several system facilities that assists in addressing network nodes in a computer network. It is a common part of an operating system's Internet Protocol (IP) implementation, and serves the function of translating human-friendly hostnames into numeric protocol addresses, called IP addresses, that identify and locate a host in an IP network.
If you dont know what root is check this out : androidcentral.com/root
Some cool features :
* New app design!, it's pleasant to use and beautiful to watch!
* Blazing fast!, this app is fast, almost no wait when loading and saving your host file!
* Search integrated!, no addons, no in-app purchases, the search option it's full featured since the first day!
* Backups!, it allows you make backups, substitute and append new hosts files to your actual hostfile!
* No ads and funky permissions!, We believe that providing clear use of permissions and keeping the privacy of our users its mandatory.
Thanks for downloading!
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
This is has the same functionality as the Gold version. The Gold version is just a way to donate.
If you are not normally accessible to some websites and tangled?
If you hated the great firewall?
If you want to test yourself on the phone site procedures,
I am sure you need them Hosts editing tools!
Hosts modification tools main functions:
1 single Adding Host function, one by one, enter the IP and domain name, a single addition.
2 Host list management functions, you can bulk comment deletion.
3 single function to modify Host, Host list, select a Host long press to bring up the modification, annotation, delete function
4 more supports powerful notepad mode, modify the Host file free to add content, you can press one button to clear Hosts empty
5 Host a key update function, a key to automatically download the latest foreign Host binding information easily crossed GFW!
6 Use the help function.
Phones require root before use.
Super easy and standalone hosts editor for Android root users.
Hosts Editor help developers to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file (/system/etc/hosts) easily. And the hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url, and test applications on a specific server via its IP.
The developer is not responsible for any problem caused by editing the host file.
For free file manager from tomitools, please visit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
★features of Jota+
- Support multi-file feature.
- Support 1 million characters.
- Support many character codes and Auto-Detect feature.
- Search/Replace (Support Regular Expression)
- Highlight searching words.
- Supoort font customize. (Proportional / MonoSpace / ttf,otf font )
- Support Install-shortcut feature.
- Auto save.
- Show Line numbers.
- Show Tab/Linebreak mark.
- Count characters/words/lines.
- Customizable Toolbar.
And it's custimizable.
- Customizable Fixed Phrase management.
- Clipboard management.
- Built in file browser with bookmark management.
- Free Wallpaper by Non Miyabi. http://sites.google.com/site/nonsillustgallery/
- Detect file modification.
- Support physical-keyboard devices.
- Support BlueTooth Keyboard.
- Safe app without any evil permission requests.
- Support many kinds of Cloud Storage Services. ( Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive etc...)
- Support multi window feature for Samsung devices.
★FREE version is for trial, so some features are locked.
But you can use free version as a Text editor with sufficient capabilities
You can buy PRO-KEY app from Google Play to unlock extra features.
★For donors of Jota Text Editor (with Google Play Store).
The support for donors has been finished.
▼Google Analytics and Mobile Ads are built into the app.
You can opt-out Google Analytics. (see menu-preferences-misc)
We prohibit the distribution of Jota+ on places other than Google Play.
It has been confirmed that the pirated app mixed malware has been distributed.
And we do not provide support to pirated apps.
Please be careful.
▼We don't reply to anything on Review Comments.
If you have troubles or suggestions, send us an email.
Q. Can't save on external SD card.
A. Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later doesn't support to write on external SD card.
Save it on internal storage, or use cloud storage.
Q. I can't find my file in file browser.
A. Please check off "Text File Only" in side menu.
Q. I baught PRO-KEY, but couldn't activate.
A. Try following...
Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and logged into Google.
Confirm that PRO-KEY is installed in System Settings.
Click Menu - Preferences - Activate PRO-KEY.
reboot the device and start Jota+.
uninstall and re-install Jota+ or PRO-KEY.
- If you have troubles with the activation, please send an email to the developer.
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- read the contents of your USB storage
for loading/saving to internal storage.
- full network access
- view network connections
for mobile ads.
- install shortcut
for installing a shortcut of the file onto Home app.
(c) 2012-2014, Aquamarine Networks.
1. Enable/disable mappings
2. Backup & restore previous map-sets
3. Clean, easy & modern UI
Kindly report in-case you encounter any bugs or leave your-feature requests in comment, I'll do 'em for sure as this is my very first public-use application.
SmartHost Android could help you check and fetch latest hosts file to walk around network blocking by GFW in China.
- Auto check latest hosts file update.
- Select hosts entries that you just needed.
- Easily switch to your original hosts file or clean hosts file.
✭Cannot save hosts?
If you cannot save hosts，(/etc/hosts is not changed after saving), please use Root Explorer or ES Explorer to mount /system folder to read/write state.
Support Official App v1.8.3 or later.
3rd-party Client, e.g. Seesmic(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.seesmic)
Support Apps that support SSL connection. For example Plume, Seesmic.
Currently Twitter is not able to be visited by modifying hosts file. Please consider other way to get around GFW, e.g. goAgent.
Can open web pages and App, but cannot watch video.
How to use Adfree
SmartHosts could live with other hosts modifier Apps, like Adfree Android (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bigtincan.android.adfree).
1. Download and apply other Apps to modify hosts.
2. Start SmartHosts and it will detected and save your hosts file to "Original hosts" file.
3. Click "Check Update" or "Apply SmartHosts" button.
4. In "Select hosts sections" screen, make sure "Original hosts" is checked.
5. Click save and the "Original hosts" will be merged automatically.
If your hosts file size is too big, SmartHosts might crash because not enough memory. We have provided an slim version of ad free hosts (https://freehosts.sinaapp.com/android_adfree_hosts). Please download manually and paste it to \"Original hosts\" via built-in hosts editor.
hosts file is maintain by open source project http://code.google.com/p/smarthosts.
For any connectivity problem caused by hosts file, please report to smarthosts project.
You can link by push big size valsi
You can use hardware back button to back to previous search.
Please push menu button and go to setting and make check box on.
You can select orientation: auto, portrait or landscape from menu