The only wildlife sightings app featuring:
- FREE offline vector maps (Kruger map is only 1MB)
- All of South Africa's National Parks and most major game/nature reserves.
- Offline species guide covering all birds, mammals and reptiles in each park.
- Dedicated live sightings newsfeed with comments, likes and species suggestions.
- Personal sightings history.
- In app accommodation booking with SafariNow.
- Sightings data sent to the ADU (Animal Demographic Unit, University of Cape Town).
- Management of endangered/protected species by removing location details (No posting of rhino sightings)
Experience Africa's wildest places and the animals that call it home. A smartphone app and interactive website that enables you to document and share your latest sightings whilst on African safari. Designed to maximize your experience when visiting Africa's game parks and nature reserves, it is easy to use and packed with amazing features.
Africa’s wilderness can only be protected when people have the opportunity experience its beauty and contribute towards its long-term preservation. We've built our platform so that your valuable wildlife sightings are distributed to conservation and research organisations.
Sign up for free today and start contributing to conservation!
Protected areas in Africa: Live sightings in the following National Parks, Game Reserves and Nature Reserves.
|Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park, Addo Elephant National Park, Agulhas National Park, Augrabies Falls National Park, Bontebok National Park, Camdeboo National Park, Garden Route National Park, Golden Gate Highlands National Park, Karoo National Park, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Kruger National Park,Limpopo-Lipadi Private Game & Wilderness Reserve, Madikwe Game Reserve, Mapungubwe National Park, Marakele National Park, Mokala National Park, Mountain Zebra National Park, Namaqua National Park, Table Mountain National Park, Tankwa Karoo National Park, West Coast National Park, De Hoop Nature Reserve, Anysberg Nature Reserve, Rocherpan Nature Reserve, Cederberg Wilderness Area, Swartberg Nature Reserve, Kogelberg Nature Reserve, Goukamma Nature Reserve, Robberg Nature Reserve, Gamkaberg Nature Reserve, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve, Ndumo Game Reserve, Tembe Elephant Park, Ithala Game Reserve, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park, Pilanesberg Game Reserve, Great Fish River Nature Reserve, Madikwe Game Reserve and more coming soon...
• Offline location tracking.
• Sharing of your location via SMS.
• Detailed view of tracked routes on map.
• Automatic batch geotagging of photos.
• Backup and restoring of saved data to sdcard
*** Accuracy of location by cell tower is low, ranging from 500m to sometimes even 4KM. This app will be useful only if you are travelling tens or hundreds of KMs and if you dont mind accuracy.
*** To resolve the recorded cell IDs into geo coordinates, you need internet. You can do this anytime later, maybe after you are back to home.
This app works by logging cell tower id. You can specify the time interval. When the app is in background, and is recording locations, it doesn't keep running forever. It runs only at the specified intervals and closes. So, it hardly uses any resources and is task killer friendly.
• Geotagging pics:
To geotag pics, just put this app in recording mode while you click photos. When you get to home, you just need to resolve the locations recorded and geotag the pics.
Geotagging is done by selecting a location from your records, based on the time when the picture was taken.
I added this because I don't want GPS-like accuracy in photos, but just want to know whether it was taken near the Taj Mahal or at the railway station area. And waiting for GPS to fix before photographing life's short moments is not always possible. Not to mention additional data expenses if you use AGPS. And your battery dying just before one of those precious moments...
Create your own back-end and host your location data. Share it in real-time with friends and family. Here are some other user's examples:
Use Backitude to provide the data!! Run this application and automatically improve your Google+ location accuracy and your Google Location History accuracy and rate!
The GOOGLE LATITUDE API shut down on August 9, 2013 which means Backitude lost the ability to sync locations to Google. (previously, it's only purpose)
Backitude has since been in a process of re-invention to offer users a continuous location detection application (Configure once, enable, and leave running forever!) with the capability and flexibility to sync location data to any number of destinations including: Custom server URLs, on-board internal memory in form of KML or CSV files, SMS relay, and more!
Detect your location and configure what URL you would like to send it to. Or, store it locally as kml and open using any Mapping software capable of loading kml files.
Backitude can detect locations using GPS, Wi-Fi network locations, and/or cell tower triangulation locations. The location detection and data transmission can occur seamlessly and silently in the background of your device. It allows the user to control the updating frequency and accuracy constraints, and allows you and your friends to locate eachother via SMS.
Offline Storage is available to save location values when a data signal is not present, or you decide to save your data usage and upload in bulk at a future time. Sync can initiate when signal becomes available again, or only once connected to a Wi-Fi network, or by manual startup only.
Minimum accuracy constraints and fall-back options ensure that you are only collecting location data you desire to keep. Polling timeouts ensure that you are not wasting battery life trying to achieve an accurate value when GPS or location signal is not available.
Backitude can run at varying time intervals dependent on Mode which is automatically detected: Docked mode for connected to a power supply, Wi-Fi mode for connected to a Wi-Fi network, or Standard mode in any other situation. Backitude is most efficient when no interval is selected and the application relies on "Push Updates" via SMS and Location "Steals" instead of timed polling. "Steals" are location values that are served up by the OS from other applications, such as if the user opens Google Maps and the OS determines the location, Backitude will identify and utilize the data. "Push Updates" will trigger polling via SMS.
Widgets help change settings or operate location detecton on the fly without opening up the settings menus.
With all the new options for sync'ing your data- Backitude will surely have some bugs to work out. Any problems, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
New features will be added coming soon as this is the most I could develope with the short notice from Google. If anything else, this is a great app to use as a Lost Phone Tracker. Just enable SMS Push Update with SMS reply, add a secret suffix so not just anyone can find out your location, and let it sit idle until the day when you lose your phone and need a means to track it down, with GPS accuracy.
This app allows you to track the real-time flight status and see the live map flight track of any commercial flight worldwide and general aviation (private, charter, etc) in the United States and Canada.
Track by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code. Tracking data includes complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
Receive real-time push notification flight alerts, view airport delays, see nearby flights (in the sky overhead), and more!
We're excited to be in the Android Market and expect to make many releases in the coming days and weeks.
Please send your feedback to email@example.com
Sighting hotspots are localities were recurring observations of a given animal or group of animals are made over a period of time. These sighting hotspots are ideal for self-drive tourist, which would like to plan their daily trips for the ultimate sightings experience. Planning your game viewing trips using these sighting hotspots would enable you to find you own wildlife sightings and enjoy your own moments in nature.
Because of the dynamics in nature, some animals (especially predators) protect their home range boundaries to secure food, and tend to move or stay for long periods within these boundaries. When the centres of these home ranges are found close to tourist routes, sightings of a given animal or group of animals are often made. Currently many of sightings are reported in public feeds, which are used to compile these sighting hotspot maps.
Sighting hotspots (distribution maps) are an example of how scientist would use observation data, but having this data in the public domain for some animals may pose a potential threat to conservation. We consider the public posting of lion, leopard, elephant, cheetah and wild dog sightings as an equal threat to the conservation effort (similar than posting sightings of rhino onto public feeds) and therefore, users of this app are encouraged only to post information of birds into the public domain, as this information have significant scientific value and less conservation risk. As alternative we created a personal sightings checklist and private sightings group that is for your own use and can be safely used to record your wildlife sightings. You can use these on a daily base to record sightings either to help you to remain focused on wildlife sighting, or to create a personal daily sightings list (record each animal only once a day), or to keep the family or kids engaged in wildlife spotting.
1. Sighting hot spot maps (for trip planning),
2. Create a family (private) sightings group,
3. Sort sightings chronologically or by distance from you,
4. Field notes (snippets of interesting info are awarded for every sighting you are recording),
5. No log in or phone numbers required, no advertisements.
Check online tutorial to get started: http://mapsinside.de/?page_id=1356
This demo version has limited functionality and lower positioning accuracy. To use the full version go to http://mapsinside.de/?page_id=915
- indoor localization
- recording locations
- use own maps
- real time tracking
- map browser
- no need to connect to WiFi network
- Cloud space*
*only available in full version
• Trial version 14 days (all services, 100 map tiles)
• Free license with limited service.
• Full Daily license for 1,99€
• Full Yearly license for 59 €
• Unlimited download of OpenStreetMap based Tracker Topo maps worldwide. They are containing terrain details and elevation contours. Maps updates daily.
• Trial version contains 100 map tiles of national terrain maps. The paid version contains free national terrain map from FI, NO, DE, US and EE. Also free nautical chart from FI and NO.
• Possibility to purchase national maps from SE, FR, ES and IT
• The maps are downloaded automatically and stored in the memory, so the App can be used also off-line
Navigation and group features:
• Add waypoints with variety of symbols
• Plan your routes and find the places with coordinates
• Mark important places and share immediately with your friends
• Small compass directly in the map view, large compass appears after clicking on the symbol
• Check the distance to your target with the distance measuring tool
• Unique group function
•• Create a group with your friends
•• Everyone will see everyone
•• Share your routes, lines, waypoints and dogs with your friends in real time
•• Chat within group, without SMS costs
•• Manage your group
• Track friends
• All tracks are stored and can be replied any time, in the trial. In the paid version they are synchronized automatically to server
The best features for hunting and dog rescuing:
• Track unlimited number of dogs in real time with Tracker’s world’s best dog tracking collars
• Tracker unlimited number of other Tracker for Android or Tracker Hunter® users
• Offline maps for areas with bad network coverage
• Unique group feature for sharing your targets and chatting
• Higher security while hunting, because users see each other
• Automatic receiving positions via GPRS every 3 seconds
• Traditional tracking via SMS possible
• Possibility of calling to the dog collar
• Setting of geofence and barking allarm
• Marking of waypoints like places of shot game, shooting stands
• Creating boarders of hunting area and sharing with other hunters or groups
• Navigation, Distance tool, Waypoints and a lot more
• Everything can be tracked and replayed in the App or online in webtracking
Replay and Statistics
• The unique replay feature: select any date and time when you have used the system and playback the performance minute by minute.
• Only with one click you get information about your own position like speed, altitude, direction, GPS, GSM and battery status and age of the position
• GPS Odometer gives statistics about your average speed, your walked distance, moving time etc.
Farmers and science:
• You can track also reindeer and semi-domestic animal if it has Tracker Boazu collar on it. Look: www.trackeboazu.com
Menu is available in Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish. In case you like to have your own language please contact us.
Dog tracking is possible only with Tracker collars. More information at www.tracker.fi
Keywords: maps, tracking, navigation, hunting, dog, outdoor, hiking, camping, geocaching, real time, terrain maps, dog tracking, Tracker Hunter, OpenStreetMap, OSM, Maanmittauslaitos, MML, Karttakeskus, BKG, Bundesamt für Kartographie und Geodäsie, Institut Geographique National, Nordeca, CNIG, USGS, Tracker Hunter, MGRS
Gain access to useful information in the palm of your hand. This innovative outdoor guide, powered by Pocket Ranger® technology, brings the outdoors to your fingertips and helps you plan the perfect backcountry adventure. You will be able to locate Nebraska’s many fishing, hunting and wilderness sites and gain immediate access to on-the-spot species profiles, rules and regulations, and important permits and licensing details.
Advanced GPS technology enhances any trek through the woods, allowing you to record trails and use waypoints and photo waypoints to mark traps and keep track of wildlife sightings. With the app’s “Nearest Me” feature, uncover which wildlife resource management areas or public fishing areas are closest to you, so you can embark on your adventure right away. With the NE Fishing, Hunting & Wildlife Guide in your pocket, you’ll be able to spend more time hunting, fishing and wildlife viewing and less time trying to recall details from memory.
Pocket Ranger® provides plenty of other standard features and advanced GPS technology to maximize any backcountry excursion:
• Places to hunt and fish
• Species profiles
• Rules and regulations
• License and permit information
• Safety communication tool
• Advanced GPS mapping features
• Cache map tiles for offline use
• Record tracks, distance and time
• Mark waypoints and photo waypoints
• Recall, post or share saved data
• Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family along the way.
• Built-in compass to help users navigate.
• Trophy Case, a community of anglers and hunters!
• Real-time calendar of events
• News and advisories
• Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users’ GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
• SECURITY ASSURANCE: THE POCKET RANGER® PLATFORM DOES NOT AND CANNOT MINE FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PHOTOS OR CONTACTS.
With essential fishing, hunting and wildlife viewing information at your fingertips, prepare to experience Nebraska’s great outdoors like never before.
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/pocketranger
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/pocketranger
• The enhanced features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception; however, some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.
• Obviously, if you choose to call, text or email through the application, you understand that you are responsible to your service provider for any charges that may apply to communications sent from your device. POCKET RANGER DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO OR CONTROL OF THESE COMMUNICATIONS.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.