Features included in the App:
• Adjust text font size.
• Read articles Offline.
• Save your favorite articles.
• Share content with Android's built in sharing menu.
• Bandwidth friendly refresh button per section.
• Image caching saves bandwidth.
Free to download but you'll need to purchase a subscription in app.
Explore our award-winning multimedia content with videos, podcasts and stunning picture galleries.
Join the conversation: view, recommend, share and submit comments.
Upgrade to the Premium Tier (69p a month) for access to Crosswords, an advert-free experience, and future exclusive features and content.
Full feature list:
- download your homepage and favourites for offline reading with the touch of a button, or schedule a daily download for a time that suits you
- take part with comments and debate
- subscribe to the premium tier for:
- the cryptic and quick crosswords delivered every day direct to your phone
- no adverts
- exclusive future features and content
- live football scores, results and tables for hundreds of English, Scottish, European and international games
- receive alerts for big news stories, exclusives, and goals from your favourite football teams
- navigate by section, topic or contributor and discover related stories in an article
- browse our award-winning audio and video content
- save contributors, topics and sections to your favourites
- add favourites to your homescreen with an expanded view or link
- live, updating coverage of news and sport events
- swipe through stunning full-screen picture galleries
- share articles and galleries using the Android share menu
Information about the permissions we request:
- No advertising! ( also free version available )
- Fast & Clear
- All mobile newspapers
Please rate 5 if you like!
With papers like: BBC News, CNN, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Telegraph, Financial Times, Google News, Independent, ITN, NewsNow, Reuters, Sky News, The Guardian, Norwich Evening News, Heraldscotland, Conventry Telegraph, Eastern Daily Express 24, Manchester Evening News, Daily Post, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Metro, Mirror, The Sun, The Times, London Evening Standard, Bristol Evening Post, Shropsire Star, Newcastle Eve. Chronicle, Express and Star, Evening Times, Daily Record, STV, Wales Online, Western Telegraph and South Wales Argus.
Look by yourself into the secret cables being delivered by WikiLeaks. Now supports sharing by FACEBOOK and TWITTER and FULL TEXT searches inside the cables!
Its intuitive user interface allows you to perform simple queries and add cables you read to the favorite list.
Provides tag and contributor search from the handset search button.
The Guardian has recently made changes to the source data which this application consumes.
Not all Guardian content is available for redistribution by 3rd party application such as this one. Users requiring a complete set of content should move to one of the official Guardian applications.
When this application was developed the Guardian did not provide an official Android app. Now that they do the developers of this application would like to devote their efforts to other projects. As such, this application will no longer be available after the 5th of May 2014.
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
Tired of the large adverts and promotions in other apps?
Want a content rich application which allows you to navigate the entire Guardian newspaper?
Well, here it is. Our application includes all of the features in the official Guardian application and more!
* Sign in and comment on all articles
* Share articles to all social media websites including Facebook
* Save articles for offline reading
* Now enabled for full-screen reading!
* Save images and videos to your mobile device
Video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYzI7N130xA
- UK Newspapers:
Huffington Post UK, Herald Scotland, The Press and Journal, The Observer, The Guardian UK, The Mail on Sunday, Channel 4 News, The Times, The Independent, The Telegraph, Express, Daily Star, Daily Mail, Express & Star, Evening Standard, London 24, The Argus, Newham Recorder, Ham & High, Islington Gazette, Western Daily Press, Coventry EveningTelegraph, Liverpool Daily Post, Manchester Evening News, Bristol Evening Post, Newcastle Evening Chronicle, Nottingham Evening Post, Sheffield Today, Yorkshire Evening Post, Eastern Daily Press, This Is South Wales, The Scotsman, Edinburgh Evening News, Dundee Courier, News Wales, South Wales Argus, Wales Online, Western Telegraph, Wrexham Evening Leader
ABC, Access Hollywood, Al Jazeera, The Atlantic, Bloomberg, C-SPAN, CBS, CNN, Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, Center for Public Integrity, Democracy Now!, E! Online, Entertainment Weekly, Forbes, Foreign Policy, Fortune, Globe and Mail, GlobalPost.com, GlobalVoices, Haaretz, The Hill, McClatchy, Mosaic, Mother Jones, National Journal, The New Republic, New York Daily News, New York Observer, The New Yorker, Newsweek, Newsy, NPR, OpEdNews, PBS NewsHour, People, Politico, ProPublica, Reuters, Roll Call, Rolling Stone, The Root, Salon, San Francisco Chronicle, Seattle Times, Slate, Sunlight Foundation, TIME, TMZ, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington Independent, Washington Times, Washington Post, Youth Radio
- Top 100 TECHNORATI ranking blogs in the world: The HuffingtonPost, GizModo, Mashable, Techcrunch, MacWorld, Daring Fireball, TUAW, TheAppleBlog, TiPb, CultOfMac, App Advice, Engadget, Gawker, Boing Boing, The Daily Beast, Hot Air Top Picks, Read Write Web, Kotaku, Boy Genius Report, The Daily Dish, Think Progress, Life Hacker, Jezebel, Ezra Klein, Mediaite, CNNPoliticalTickers, Politics Daily, Deadline, RedState, etc....
+ Large selection of newspapers
+ Read each newspaper by sections: World, Local, Politics, Sport, Business, Technology, Science, Health, Arts, Travel, etc…
+ One tap to share your article to Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Read It Later, GoogleReader, Pinboard, Tumblr, Delicious. Or you can copy, email, open the article in Safari.
+ One tap to sync all the newspapers/blogs to your iPhone/iPod Touch. You can read all the newspapers' articles without having internet connection
+ Ability to reorder your newspapers/sections
Some reviews from our users for our apps so far:
+ "Great selection of news sources and easy to access to the stories that interest me. Simple UI design, everything is a thumb tap away"
+ "Best news app out there! "
+ "Fixes for news junkies"
+ "The most comprehensive news application ever on the AppStore ..."
Read more in our blog post about what's new and how to use the new features: http://sunflowerapps.com.
We love to hear your thoughts, don't hesitate to send us a message: support @ sunflowerapps . com or you can simply write a review on Google Play.
Follow us on Twitter: @sunflowerapps