Whether small or large, friendly or scary, mammals are some of the most fascinating and magical creatures on the planet. This beautiful, educational and interactive multilingual app introduces young kids (3–8 years) to 60 mammals that can be encountered in the animal kingdom.
The app is highly illustrated and the animal descriptions are packed with fascinating facts written by a mammal specialist. Read or listen to the descriptions in four languages (English, isiXhosa, isiZulu and Afrikaans) and find out where the animals live, what their habits are, what they eat, how big they are, what their tracks look like, and when they are active.
This exciting app also contains videos and calls to help identify the animals.
Four engaging and entertaining games will provide hours of fun while also stimulating children's learning and development.
– Beautiful graphics and design, showing mammals in their natural habitat
– Engaging interface and easy navigation for kids
– Packed with accurate information written by a mammal specialist
– 4 languages in one app (English, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Afrikaans) – supports mother-tongue learning and encourages learning a new language
– Learn new words and expand vocabulary
– Read or listen to narrations of animal descriptions – switch between 4 different languages
– Use self-recording function to record your own animal stories and listen to them
– Tap to hear animal calls
– Tap to watch videos
– Play free interactive educational games
– Games change with each new session, so they remain challenging and entertaining
– Swipe, tap, drag and drop to perform tasks
– Fun for kids to use – on their own, with playmates, in families
– No collection of personal/location data, in-app purchases, advertising or external website links (except in the Help section)
GAMES AND LEARNING
– MEMORY GAME: Match pairs of animal cards as quickly as possible with 4 levels to progress through.
*** Develops fine-motor skills; hand-eye coordination; memory and concentration; recognition of animals, colors and shapes; reasoning and logical thinking.
– JIGSAW PUZZLES – Four puzzles with delightful nature scenes and increasing levels of difficulty.
*** Stimulates fine-motor skills; hand-eye coordination; problem-solving; shape and color recognition; reasoning and logical thinking.
– ANIMAL-NAMING GAME – Learn the names of animals by matching words and illustrations and then practice to pronounce them correctly.
*** Helps with verbal and language development; identifying animals and learning their names; letter and word recognition; visual literacy.
– NATURE CLEAN-UP GAME – Develop a love of nature and conservation by dragging and dropping litter into recycling bins to clean up a polluted nature scene.
*** Encourages awareness of nature conservation; creativity and imaginative thinking; visual literacy; sense of achievement.