A TapCard is a card that uses Near Field Communication NFC technology together with NFC enabled devices. The TapCard and TapCard ZUPCO passenger card all work in the same manner. They are all accepted in Kombis, Shops which display the sticker TapCard.
The card is meant to address the following:
• Cash shortages facing Zimbabweans by provision of a solution that allows small value transactions to be done within a second;
• Provide a fast payment solution for merchants in the informal sector who perceive POS machines as not being ideal to address their needs;
• To curb high costs associated with bank and mobile money payment solutions as this card mimics cash and its FREE to transact.
• Contactless payments
• 1 second transactions time
• No KYC required for card holders
• No monthly charges
• Swipe to top-up using any Zim-switch Card
• Top-up using Ecocash/ZipIt at the comfort of your home
• ZUPCO Buses
• City Park