Gmail also lets you:
• Manage multiple accounts
• View and save attachments
• Set up label notifications
- Follow what friends, family, and interesting people around the world are sharing
- Join communities to explore interests and find people with similar passions
- Automatically back up photos and videos at full resolution
- Bring photos to life with animations, panoramas, and other Auto Awesome images
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 200 countries
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 800 cities
- Live traffic, incident reports, and dynamic re-routing
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* You can make a map area available offline by tapping the search box and selecting “Make this map area available offline” Visit http://goo.gl/wawgE to learn more.
* Quickly search the web and your phone or tablet
* Use your voice to search and more
* Get personalized results based on your location
Plus: *Google Now* gets you just the right information at just the right time. It tells you today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, and more (Google Now is currently available on Android 4.1, Jelly Bean).
* Enjoy “what to watch” recommendations
* Find videos and channels with voice search and instant search suggestions
* Subscribe to your favorite channels for easy access from the guide
* Sign-in to access your playlists and “watch later” list
* Share videos via Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Google Play Books to “Read Aloud” your favourite book
• Google Translate to speak translations aloud so that you can hear the pronunciation of a word
• TalkBack and accessibility applications for spoken feedback across your device
• ... and many other applications in Play Store
To use Google Text-to-speech on your Android device, go to Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output. Select Google Text-to-speech Engine as your preferred engine. Note, on many Android devices, Google Text-to-Speech is already turned on, but you can update to the latest version here.
Languages supported: English (United Kingdom), English (United States), French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States).
To use Street View, open Google Maps, search for a place or long-press the map, and tap the Street View option.
To learn more about Street View and see where it's available, visit maps.google.com/streetview.
● Say more with photos, emoji, and animated GIFs.
● See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
● Send and receive text messages (SMS/MMS) with Hangouts. Switch between SMS and Hangouts when messaging a friend. You can also do group MMS conversations.
● Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
● Message friends anytime, even if they're not connected right now.
● Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.
More Hangouts awesomeness:
● Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
● Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point.
● See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
● Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
● View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
● Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
● Quickly share a location with your friends.
● Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support "invisible" status.
• Search and navigate fast, directly from the same box. Choose from results that appear as you type.
• Browse faster with accelerated page loading, scrolling and zooming.
Simple, intuitive experience
• Open and quickly switch between an unlimited number of browser tabs. On your phone, flip through tabs the way you would fan a deck of cards. On your tablet, swipe from edge to edge to switch tabs.
• Sign in to the Chrome web browser to sync your open tabs, bookmarks, and omnibox data from your computer to your phone or tablet. Pick up right where you left off.
• Send pages from Chrome on your computer to Chrome on your phone or tablet with one click and read them on the go, even when you’re offline.
• Browse privately in Incognito mode.
Great reading experience
* Read offline
* Bookmark pages, highlight text, and add notes
* Elegant 3D page turns
* Bookmarks, notes, and reading positions are synced across your phones, tablets and computers
* Search within books, use dictionary, find geographical information, discover web results, and wikipedia right on the page
* Select fonts, font size, and layout for flowing text books
* Choose day, night, and sepia reading modes
* Listen to books with text-to-speech when publisher allows
* Upload your own EPUB and PDF documents through play.google.com/books and read them anywhere with the app
Discover millions of books on Google Play
* Over 4 million books in every imaginable category, from the New York Times® bestsellers to favorite classics
* Textbooks available for rental or purchase
* Millions of free books available instantly
* Read free chapters for preview from every book
*Enjoy Read Now to find more of the articles you care about and discover new ones you will love.
*Explore categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more and subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
*Go Offline with any news edition, topic or magazine without missing a page. Bookmark news stories you don't have time to read for later.
*All in one - Google Play Newsstand is the new home for all your Google Currents subscriptions and Google Play Magazines. Now with one app and one tap, it’s never been easier to stay informed on the news of the day.