Guinness World Records
Please, before any kind of feedback, read troubleshooting at the end of this App Description.
In case of downloading issues, please clean your google play cache, instructions here:
*The app will ask you to download approximately 35Mb of supplementary data when in front of the Video AR feature.
To minimise the effect on any mobile data allowances we recommend first running the app when connected to the internet via a wi-fi connection. Please ensure at least 250m/b of free space on your device.*
See the records leap off the pages of your Guinness World Records 2014 book in full 3D!
Readers of this year's GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS 2014 edition can access a new dimension of record-breaking with this FREE "augmented reality" (AR) app available on Google Play. All you need to do is to download the mobile or tablet app and scan the pages of the book to see the records come alive.
What you'll see:
• Inside, look for the SEE IT 3D alerts – there are 12 to find, from videos and virtual reality features to full interactive 3D animations
• Meet the world's shortest woman and have your photo taken with her ACTUAL SIZE!
• Take control of the largest ever carnivorous dinosaur and walk it around the pages of your book.
• Experience the view from the top of Mount Everest in virtual reality – you won't need to leave the comfort of your armchair!
• Enter the photo booth and see what you and your friends would look like if you had the world's longest tongue or longest beard!
• Watch videos clips of the most exciting records (video will be downloaded within the app on request).
How it works:
To activate the 3D animations, look out for the SEE IT 3D logo in the pages of the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS 2014 book. When you see the logo, launch the app, point your device's camera at the book page and watch as the records comes to life.
This FREE augmented reality app is available to anyone with a compatible Android device with a camera.
For more information go to: guinnessworldrecords.com/2014
For troubleshooting and problems please go to: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/2014/faq.html
This page contains further instructions and troubleshooting:
In App Billing Extra Records: Since the new version (1.1 or higher) has been released you are able to purchase a few extra records. Simply click on the “Locker” icon from the main menu, wait the GWR214 Store menu to appear and purchase the record. Once the purchase has been approved you can go to the page described in the popup menu or use the new marker that has been saved on your photo gallery.
Please pay attention: The Tallest Man will only be visible to Multi Core Devices, before purchasing it check on your device’s official documentation.
See the latest Guinness World Records virtually exploding off the page with the new Augmented Reality app!
Readers of this year's Guinness World Records 2013 edition
can access a new dimension of record-breaking with this
FREE "augmented reality" (AR) app. If you've got the book,
download this AR viewer now to see record holders come to life
as stunning 3D animations.
What you'll see:
• Encounter the great white shark – the world's largest
predatory fish – without risking life and limb!
• Say hello to the new world's shortest man – and the shortest
man EVER measured – in actual size
• Meet the parrot who can perform the most slam dunks in a
minute (yes, really!)
• Go for a spin in the world's smallest helicopter
• Get up close and personal with the Goliath bird-eating
spider – a creepy-crawly the size of a dinner plate
• Have fun with the world's smallest dog – a pooch that can fit
in the palm of your hand
Move your device around the animation to see an entire 360-
degree view. And look out for interactive animations that
respond to your touch – just tap the screen and see Zac the
parrot slam dunk a ball; guide the GEN H-4 helicopter across
the sky with your fingertips; lead Heaven Sent Brandy on her
walkies; and irritate the 11-in-wide bird-eating spider until it hisses at you.
What's more, you can even grab a snapshot of yourself
alongside the record holders – almost as if they're sitting right
"This is a unique opportunity to witness the most amazing
record holders right before your very eyes," says Guinness
World Records Editor-in-Chief Craig Glenday. "I had to travel to
Kathmandu to meet Mr Dangi, the world's shortest man – now,
anyone can have their photo next to him without leaving their
How it works:
To activate the 3D animations, look out for the SEE IT 3D logo in
the pages of the Guinness World Records 2013 book. When you
see the logo, launch the app, point your device's camera at the
book spread and watch as the record-holder comes to life.
This FREE app is available to anyone with a compatible Android device with a camera.