• Simple setup: Get going in seconds by setting your monthly cap and billing cycle
• You compared with everyone: See how your data use measures up to other people for each app
• Your data life: Understand how you use your data in categories that matter to you like music, maps and videos
• Real-time alerts: Know when you’re approaching your data limit and get an indication of where you stand in your current data cycle with notifications on your phone
• Onavo Extend integration: See how much data you’re saving with Onavo Extend right from the Onavo Count home screen
How it works
Onavo Count monitors and analyzes all types of mobile data and phone use. This includes background, foreground, and Wi-Fi use.
" [It] will be able to shave precious megabytes off of [...] wireless bills, which will be particularly useful when roaming." - Venture Beat
"It's clever [..] you could save yourself a lot of cash!" - BBC
"This app doubles your data plan" - WSJ.com
How it works:
To compress and save your data, Onavo Extend runs continuously in the background of your phone and directs all of your mobile data traffic through Onavo's servers and compression technology. Revolutionary universal data caching means you won’t have to use your data to load the same images every time you visit a website or use an app because they’ll already be available to you on your phone. And don’t worry about local storage, because you control the percent of your phone’s memory used for storage.
Onavo Extend also optimizes images when you share over 3 or 4G so even when you’re sending images, you’re in control of how much data you use. And the Onavo Extend widget helps you easily monitor how much data you’ve saved so you can really understand how the app is working for you.
Onavo Extend is only supported for specific devices.
Some ROMs and kernels are missing important networking support that Android 4.0+ APIs and Onavo Extend rely on. If you've received a message saying your version of Android is unsupported, or if the app always says "service paused", please contact us using the Feedback link in the menu so we can help. Trying a different ROM or kernel should also help.