• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 250 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always at your fingertips with free instant messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Talk to your heart’s content with free voice and video calls to all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls and SMS to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favourite snaps - Got a favourite photo to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even TVs. Whatever device your friends or family use, Skype just works. Simple.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
* Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
1. Simply connect to any supported public WiFi hotspot.
2. Open the Skype WiFi app and tap the big green Connect button…
3. Ta-da! You’re now connected to the internet (wasn’t that easy?).
You’re now free to browse the web, check your email or enjoy free calls and messages to all your friends and family with the Skype app – remember, it’s a different app to the Skype WiFi one. ;)
• Pay only for the minutes you use and avoid those expensive all-day internet passes.
• No matter what hotspot you’re connected to, pay using your Skype Credit so you never have to fill out another complicated sign up form.
• And so there’s no unexpected surprises, Skype WiFi will automatically disconnect after 30 minutes in case you forget to disconnect.
• Android device running Android 2.2 or newer
• WiFi connection to compatible network
• Skype Account or Microsoft account
• Skype Credit in your account
Skype WiFi is provided by 3rd party WiFi operators around the world.
Don’t just send just text or photos. Go full-video with Qik.
What can you do with Qik?
• Create groups in a flash: grab a bunch of friends from your phone’s address book and start a private chat.
• Pre-record and send video clips (Qik Fliks): can’t respond right away? Thumbs-ups, smileys and more, starring you.
• Erase your message and it disappears from the conversation.**
• Keep it fresh—messages are automatically erased from Qik after two weeks.
• Start a conversation any time—no login, usernames, or passwords needed.
* Mobile data rates may apply.. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
** It may be possible for recipients to capture and save videos elsewhere before you delete them from Qik.
For more information: http://www.polycom.com/forms/polycom-roundtable-100-for-skype-for-business.html
Please note this is not the app if you want to Skype for Business/Lync on your Android phone.
If you’re looking for the core Lync 2013 / Skype for Business Android application, you can find it on the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.lync15