• A zoomable, scrollable map-based display.
• Current traffic speeds and closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images in six metro areas (Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Sioux City, and Waterloo/Cedar Falls).
• Electronic roadway sign messages.
• Commercial vehicle restriction information.
• Highway rest area locations on map.
• Real-time updates on road conditions, road work, construction, and road closures.
• List view of incidents, road work, road conditions, and rest areas.
The Iowa 511 app reports information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Iowa. It does not include information for county roads or city streets.
Remember, the primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his/her vehicle. Iowa law prohibits all persons from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle. Teen drivers with restricted licenses are prohibited from using any electronic communication or entertainment device while driving. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to 511Feedback@dot.iowa.gov.
1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) Current trafﬁc conditions on Kansas City metro area’s freeways and major surface streets
3) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
4) Special events that affect trafﬁc (sports events, etc.)
5) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
6) Electronic roadway sign messages
* Current travel times.
* Current traffic conditions.
* Planned road closures and road work
* Planned events
The Arcadia Traffic app reports information on major arterial and collector streets in the city of Arcadia.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>