It is different from most of existing products by being free, by it's grammatically correct natural language generation features (inflection, tenses, using the setting user gender to alter first person sentences1 and more) and by usage of gesture search on mobile phones where keyboard is not reliable because is small screen.
Also, my friends have found it to be a fun toy to learn basics of foreign language :)
The application includes ~5000 icons obtained from arasaac.org, where ~900 are properly categorized, and others are accessible through search. It supports French language well, and there is an early prototype for English too.
Other features include:
* recent phrases and pictogram history (each category lists most used ones on top) accessibility
* for easier identification icons tagged with the 6 SPC colors (actions, names, descriptives etc)
* option to display text in capital letters
* compatibility with both Tablets and mobile phones
DONATE TO HELP THIS IMPROVE:
If you liked the application, you may donate to allow us add new features/improvements much more quickly: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DY6954755BM48
* install "gesture search"
* About Languages and Text-to-Speech:
* to use French or English you have to set your phone/tablet language to the one you wish to use (go to your phone Settings)
* you will also need text to speech engine to be installed (go to Settings->Install voice data etc)
---- For much higher quality voices you may get the SVOX voices from android market ( https://market.android.com/details?id=com.svox.classic ) for around 3 EUR (include free fully featured two week trial). Note: I'm not affiliated with them, just used and liked their quality.
The application includes (downloads them on first run) 5000+ ARASAAC pictograms limited to non-commercial use (Creative Commons) that must be redistributed under the same licence.
Author of the pictograms: Sergio Palao
License: CC (BY-NC-SA)