It uses the android library Ohmenu available at http://github.com/omtinez/ohmenu to implement an intuitive, modern user interface to the application menu.
This application is open source and released under BSD license. For more info visit:
For the app to work it is required to have one of those cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongles. If you don't have one, I highly recommend to get one.
If you have comments or suggestions I would rather have them by email, don't waste your time with the comments or ratings because I can't reply to those and this is not a final product, just a BETA.
Now let's get a little more technical... this is what the app can do at this moment:
- Connect to the bluetooth dongle, at least with my phone, ECU and dongle, but yours might not work
- Give real-time data of the gauges shown on the screenshots above. In the future, it will support more gauges however, the speed at which the gauges are updated will most likely not get any better. Right now, you might experience a delay of up to 2 seconds...
- Manual input of OBD commands, mostly for debugging purposes, but feel free to mess with that at your own risk.
- Let the user select the gauges from a list and customize his own gauges and how they display
- HUD (Heads Up Display) using the video from the camera as a background instead of the plain black
What the app will do in the near future:
- Read and diagnose check engine light codes
- Improve the horrible-looking user interface
- Fix certain bugs regarding the settings management
What the app is expected to do in the long term:
- Make it 'social' by sharing highest gauge values, like max speed or max rpm, also share the different gauge displays that people make up
- Support different skins for the gauge displays
- This is a really long shot, but I might take a stab at dynamic ECU mapping (tunning)
- The app is in Kilometers per hour instead of Miles per hour, and the settings to change it might not be functional yet
- You may not be able to connect... once again, I only have one set of phone-ECU-bt dongle to test with, so that will take time to diagnose and solve
- The user interface sucks, I also didn't put much effort on the vertical gauges display, I will put more work on that in the near future, also the application icon will be changed
- The gauges seem slow and sluggish. I tried my best to make the gauges look smooth, even though the apparent delay is inevitable, the bottleneck is the crappy bluetooth dongle and the ELM327 protocol
- The connection gets lost at random times, I really don't know how to look into this one...
- The brake sensor displays highly inaccurate data
IMPORTANT: This app does not work for all phones, specially the call and hang up features.
IMPORTANTE: Esta aplicación no funciona en todos los teléfonos, especialmente las características de colgar y descolgar llamadas. Asegúrate de que las operaciones de llamada funcionan correctamente antes de que expire el periodo de prueba para poder recibir una devolución del dinero. Si el periodo de prueba ha expirado, no hay nada que pueda hacer para devolverte el dinero.
- Fixed minor bugs
- Up to date with Lite version
Released under BSD license. for more info, visit: