• Written and edited by pioneers and experts in healthcare simulation
• Personal memoirs from simulation pioneers
• Each medical specialty covered
• Guidance on teaching in the simulated environment
• Up-to-date information on current techniques and technologies
• Tips from “insiders” on funding, development, accreditation, and marketing of simulation centers
• Floor plans of simulation centers from across the United States
• Comprehensive glossary of terminology
The heart of the book consists of chapters on managing patients during the full range of otolaryngologic procedures. These chapters are structured chronologically, and otolaryngologic and anesthesiologic perspectives are systematically presented for each operative stage.
Foundational topics such as gross and radiographic anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology are covered. The book includes a unique chapter on oxygen delivery systems that serves as a comprehensive review for anesthesiologists and an overview for the otolaryngologist. Special topics addressed include acute and chronic pain management, and the logistics of managing an office-based surgical practice.
· “All-in-one” reference for otolaryngologists and otolaryngologic anesthesiologists
· Surgical and anesthesiologic perspectives marshaled for pre-operative, intraoperative, and postoperative periods· Pearls and Insights at end of chapters
· Organized by surgical region
· Special challenges of difficult airway and of pediatric otolaryngologic procedures addressed