This princess of the underworld has plenty of her own work to do but always seems to find herself doing her layabout father's job, as well. The king doesn't feel quite well, you see. Ever. So the princess is left scurrying through the halls, dodging her mummy, werewolf, and ghost subjects, always running behind and always buried under a ton of paperwork. Oh, and her father just fired the chef, so now she has to hire a new cook as well.
Luckily for Princess Decomposia, she makes a good hire in Count Spatula, the vampire chef with a sweet tooth. He's a charming go-getter of a blood-sucker, and pretty soon the two young ghouls become friends. And then...more than friends? Maybe eventually, but first Princess Decomposia has to sort out her life. And with Count Spatula at her side, you can be sure she'll succeed.
Andi Watson (Glister, Gum Girl) brings his signature gothy-cute sensibility to this very sweet and mildly spooky tale of friendship, family, and management training for the undead.
• Perfect for ages 8 and up!
• All four Glister stories collected into one new edition! (Glister: The Haunted Teapot, Glister: The Family Tree, Glister: The House Hunt, and Glister: The Faerie Host)
Praise for Glister
• "The art is simply a delight, perfectly capturing the quirkiness of the world Glister lives in."--Inis Magazine
• "An absolutely charming, beautifully drawn series featuring a wonderfully inventive, eccentric and downright cool female heroine. It's great for children, especially young girls, but has equal appeal to any existing fan of Watson's work, or any fan of really great comics..." --Forbidden Planet blog
• "What I really appreciate, apart from the immaculate cartooning with its incredibly sturdy architecture, is that the language is far from patronising with a vocabulary that puts most superhero comics to shame..." --Page 45
• "A sweet little tale with masses of quirky detail."--Financial Times