After losing a loved one, grief can be overwhelming and seem impossible to conquer. Grief Healing Techniques gives you manageable, effective steps you can take to work through your grief on a daily basis, so you can start to find your new “normal.”
Grief Healing Techniques speaks to anyone who has ever suffered a major loss. With Grief Healing Techniques, you will be able examine your emotions and learn basic strategies for self-care to help you through this difficult time. Grief Healing Techniques helps you rebuild your daily routine, with tips for planning your meals and activities, finding a support network, and healing through journaling and meditation.
Grief Healing Techniques gives you practical support for working through grief, with:
• Useful insights on the physical effects and emotional range of grief
• Practical approaches for rebuilding your daily routine
• Advice on whether to pursue professional help
• Ideas for strengthening your relationships and involving others in your recovery
• Tips for dealing with birthdays, holidays, and other celebrations
• Perspectives on support groups, meditation, journaling, and religion
With straightforward and supportive advice, Grief Healing Techniques will show you how to make your grief manageable and restore balance to your daily life.
Ease your anxiety and find calm through the healing practice of mindfulness
By embracing mindfulness you can transform your life forever, and renew your connection to the world around you. With the simple but powerful practices of mindfulness and meditation you will learn to be more attentive and peaceful, so that you can relieve stress, regulate your emotions, and achieve focus and clarity. Mindfulness Made Simple will give you a concise introduction to the practice of mindfulness, with simple exercises and practical techniques to apply mindfulness and meditation to the obstacles in your hectic daily life.
Mindfulness Made Simple will help guide you on your journey to a calmer, healthier mind, with:
• Concise introduction to mindfulness and its many psychological benefits
• Step-by-step introduction to your first meditation
• 5 introductory meditations and 8 advanced meditations to deepen your practice
• Simple exercises and journal prompts to keep you engaged
• Helpful tips to help you stay motivated on your journey to complete mindfulness
• Foreword by mindfulness expert Elisha Goldstein, Ph.D.
Facing a divorce can be overwhelming, as you confront complex questions about everything from finances to child custody to your emotional well-being. The Divorce Survival Guide walks you through every step of the divorce process with straightforward tips, techniques, and checklists. It outlines your legal, parental, and financial rights, and details common scenarios that may arise in the legal proceedings so that you can make informed and thoughtful decisions. Most important, The Divorce Survival Guide helps you through the complex emotional work of divorce, with tips on handling stress, and techniques for protecting and communicating with your children.
The Divorce Survival Guide will be your practical guide to the divorce process, with:• An easy-to-follow guide to the initial divorce steps, including how to understand divorce laws and your legal rights
• Information on protecting your finances, such as how to divide your property fairly, protect your credit, and uncover hidden assets
• A helpful quiz to find out whether you should get an attorney, from the editors of The Divorce Survival Guide
• Essential information for understanding custody, child support, and how to give your child emotional security
• Practical techniques for reducing stress, understanding the emotional stages of divorce, and dealing with mutual relationships
With The Divorce Survival Guide: The Roadmap for Everything from Divorce Finance to Child Custody, you’ll have the invaluable tools you need to make the best financial, practical, and emotional choices throughout your divorce.
Anxiety, stress, and overwhelming negative emotions can get in the way of a fulfilling and rewarding life. But this shouldn’t have to be the case. The Anxiety Handbook is your guide to confronting and working through your anxiety, and experiencing calm you never thought possible. Whether you’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, or you’re simply having trouble managing anxious feelings, you can start controlling your anxiety and feeling better soon. The Anxiety Handbook will help you achieve immediate relief from anxiety, and create a straightforward pathway for long-term change.
The Anxiety Handbook is your first step toward overcoming anxiety with:• 7 basic steps to help you understand, manage, and overcome your anxiety
• An overview of the symptoms and causes of anxiety
• Real-life strategies for coping with daily anxiety-inducing triggers
• Easy-to-follow tips on learning to manage your thoughts and behavior in the situations that cause the most stress
• Long-term lifestyle changes to keep your anxiety away for good
Anxiety is a treatable condition, and The Anxiety Handbook is your complete guide to taking positive steps toward permanent relief.
In Understand Alzheimer’s: A First-Time Caregiver’s Plan to Understand & Prepare for Alzheimer’s & Dementia, you’ll find a wealth of practical and useful information to help you and your loved one deal with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. Understand Alzheimer’s is a guide to providing compassionate care for a spouse, parent, sibling, or friend, from the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease until the end of life.
Understand Alzheimer’s is a comprehensive and thoughtful guide to caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s, with:• An in-depth explanation of the seven stages of Alzheimer’s disease and what the diagnosis means
• Checklists for how to prepare your loved one’s surroundings for safety and ease of activities
• Compassionate advice for managing your stress and finding the balance to keep you from feeling depressed, lonely, and isolated
• A list of resources with information for supporting those with Alzheimer’s disease, and organizations that can help build a caregiving network
• A guide to Alzheimer’s treatment options and a checklist for dealing with medical professionals
• Helpful suggestions for managing the changes in your loved one’s behavior
Living with Alzheimer’s disease presents daily challenges for both the caregiver and patient. Understand Alzheimer’s is a practical guide that helps you and your loved one cope with Alzheimer’s while maintaining the best quality of life possible for both of you.
Boost your brainpower with Memory Tips & Tricks.
Like any other muscle in your body, your brain requires exercise to stay in shape and perform at its peak. Unfortunately, factors such as age, stress, and poor diet can contribute to permanent memory loss. Memory Tips & Tricks will explain the way memory works, and show you how to effectively combat memory loss. With simple techniques, you will be able to increase the capacity of your short-term memory, move new information into your long-term memory, and improve your ability to access stored memories throughout your life.
A practical guide to memory improvement, Memory Tips & Tricks will teach you how to enhance the power of your brain, with:
• Memory tools, tips, and techniques developed by leading experts, from an ancient Roman poet to modern psychiatrists
• A brief overview of memory, including the most recognized and trusted memory tests used by psychologists and neurologists
• 7 proven exercises for improving memory
• Effective methods used by the top memory champions to win world championships
• 20 foods and vitamins to boost your memory and improve cognition
A guide to understanding memory, Memory Tips & Tricks offers effective and powerful tips and techniques for enhancing your memory and keeping your brain fit.