The purchase of this Kindle edition does not entitle you to receive 1-year FREE digital access to the corresponding Examples & Explanations in your course area. In order to receive access to the hypothetical questions complemented by detailed explanations found in the Examples & Explanations, you will need to purchase a new print casebook.
* A married, 36-year old male teacher is falsely accused of having an affair with Ann, an 18-year old female student, in an Alternative School setting.
* The involvement between this unlikely pair simmers in the heat of false accusation before bursting into a torrid love relationship.
* The unknowing couple are stunned to learn they are not alone; the path they have traveled is neither unique nor novel, but a quite heavily traversed and well-worn thoroughfare.
* The story ends in tragedy as Ann, stalked by Misfortune for most of her life, falls victim to a final adversity, an inoperable brain tumor.
* Ann dies, the memories remain, and the love lives on.
Key Benefits:Young v. UPS (reconceptualizing pregnancy discrimination). Nassar v. Uni. of Texas Sw. Med. Ctr. (requiring but-for causation for Title VII retaliation claims) Vance v. Ball State Univ. (narrowing the definition of supervisor for purposes of employer liability for sexual harassment) EEOC v. Abercrombie & Fitch (reconceptualizing claims of religious discrimination). New circuit court decisions on sexual orientation discrimination under Title VII. Streamlined coverage. Materials have been reworked, thus reducing page count by 100 pages.