PCOS authorities and fellow sufferers Colette Harris and Theresa Cheung will empower you to take back control of your body and beat naturally the often embarrassing symptoms of this syndrome, including weight gain, acne, excess body hair, mood swings, depression and exhaustion. Packed full of the latest science, up-to-date nutrition and the best in self-help and natural therapies, their comprehensive book shows you how to:
• Take control of your body with simple dietary changes
• Reduce spots and excess hair
• Boost body confidence and self-esteem
• Choose the right supplements and best natural self-help remedies
• Protect yourself from high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes
Having established herself as the authority on PCOS Colette Harris now provides a practical plan for sufferers of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome with the ‘PCOS Diet Book’. The book explains how – with the right nutritional approach – you can lose weight, improve your skin, aid fertility and overcome exhaustion, depression and mood swings.
Various diets to suit each individual, accessible explanations of nutritional science and hormonal health, combined with an emphasis upon personal and emotional well-being make this title essential reading for all PCOS sufferers.
Relying on the author's extensive fieldwork, Muslim Youth devotes separate chapters to family life, education, dating, and marriage and the family in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. Throughout the book, emblematic life stories vividly portray the hopes and concerns of Tajiks, teasing out the complexity of modernity versus tradition and individualism versus collectivism.
So if you do have PCOS, chances are you have questions about fertility buzzing around your head: Am I fertile? What can I do to boost my chances of pregnancy? Will irregular periods stop me from getting pregnant? I've been trying for months – what next? Will fertility drugs help me? The good news is that no matter what stage you're at, this book can help. Written by two women with PCOS at different stages of their fertility journeys, it will help you:
• discover how and why PCOS can affect your fertility
• find out from the experts and other women how they have overcome non-conception
• make a step-by-step action plan to enhance your fertility
• work out which fertility treatments are best for you.