Scribings, Vol 4: Miscreations contains twelve stories from the Greater Portland Scribists that explore these oddities. Errors in evolution. Discoveries in supposedly clean rooms. Extreme memory loss. Appliances that are a little too smart. Mythical beasts reborn. And one joke that went way too far.
In Scribings, Vol 6: Regatherings, the Greater Portland Scribists explore these bonds. Whether trying to save a childhood retreat from corporate interests, reuniting with old friends, returning home for a final goodbye, or trying to cope with a dear one who won't depart, these tales are about the twisting journeys of our relationships. Location, context, and pasts are irrelevant--it's the people with whom we connect who help shape our experience on this world.
The Scribings Omnibus contains stories from the following volumes:
- Scribings, Vol 1
- Scribings, Vol 2: Lost Civilizations *
- Scribings, Vol 3: Metamorphosis
- Scribings, Vol 4: Miscreations
- Scribings, Vol 5: Inversions
* Christopher L. Weston's story from Lost Civilizations, Ordovicia, will remain exclusive to the original ebook
Scribings, Vol 3: Metamorphosis contains six stories from the Greater Portland Scribists that explore changes, from the self-inflicted alterations of a glory seeker to a victim forced to learn how to live his life all over again.
You thought that was just a shadow?
You thought she just liked water?
You thought four degrees wasn't much of a difference?
You thought your dreams were safe?
Scribings, Vol 5: Inversions presents eight stories from the Greater Portland Scribists, each with its own hidden twists and surprises. A former rock star who can no longer sing. Escaped convicts with much to atone for. A strange boy with an affinity for plants. Gods watch mortals make a seemingly simple choice. Tiny shoe prints lead to a birthday adventure. A hostage tries to salvage a botched bank robbery. A soldier flees war only to find it follows. And a quest for a missing corporate department that may actually be hiding.
Stories contained in this volume:
- What Time Is Our Torture Session? by Lee Patterson (from Vol 1)
- In the Business of Rotting by Cynthia Ravinski (from Vol 1)
- Secret Under the Sand by Jamie Alan Belanger (from Vol 2: Lost Civilizations)
- Otherkin by Steven Inman (from Vol 3: Metamorphosis)
- Breed by Timothy Lynch (from Vol 4: Miscreations)
- The Joke by Richard Veysey (from Vol 4: Miscreations)
- Sand Fleas by D.L. Harvey (from Vol 5: Inversions)
- Wolf and Raven by Shelli-Jo Pelletier (from Vol 5: Inversions)
- Repurposed by Matthew Stephen D. (from Vol 5: Inversions)
- Better Alive Than Dead by Robin Hansen (an all-new story exclusive to this volume)